Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #10021
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

WTF, they remade The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? The movie is only about a year or two old. I was wondering why i suddenly saw all these people saying they just watched it (as if it were new).
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #10022
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
WTF, they remade The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? The movie is only about a year or two old. I was wondering why i suddenly saw all these people saying they just watched it (as if it were new).

English version this time around.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #10023
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"Tightrope." Clint's a perverted detective on the trail of a serial killer who kills his whores. Even Clint-as-cop doesn't save this one. Might work with a fresh workover, but nothing to write home about. 65%.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #10024
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
"Tightrope." Clint's a perverted detective on the trail of a serial killer who kills his whores. Even Clint-as-cop doesn't save this one. Might work with a fresh workover, but nothing to write home about. 65%.

You working on that DVD set already? I've always had the Eiger Sanction in my back of my mind but never get around to it.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #10025
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tinker Tailor tomorrow night! Can't f*cking wait.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #10026
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Tinker Tailor tomorrow night! Can't f*cking wait.

Oh shit man! Can't wait to hear what you say about that one. I will likely see another movie by the end of the month and it will likely be Red Tails but I lean towards this one a lot right now.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #10027
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just watched Pan's Labyrinth again, no need to review it, an easy 9-10/10

but I realized that it was made in 2006 and the girl is older now so I Googled her and she's not bad

pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #10028
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

One Day: 2/10- Dreadfully boring. The dude is a mega douche and yet she still falls for him.

Awful pacing, awful ending. One of the longest 1 hr 40 min movies I've ever seen. Avoid.

I just watched this too. Just turrible. Not to mention Hathaway's accent switches constantly all movie. Brutal job overall. Turrible movie.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #10029
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot

I loved the Swedish movie, but the English movie might be just as good. Mara, who plays Lisbeth, does an amazing job. You should do yourself a favour and go see it.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #10030
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
I just watched this too. Just turrible. Not to mention Hathaway's accent switches constantly all movie. Brutal job overall. Turrible movie.

Yeah I couldn't tell if they were supposed to be Irish or English or both with some Scottish thrown in.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #10031
skan72
Deep dick pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Yeah I couldn't tell if they were supposed to be Irish or English or both with some Scottish thrown in.

Watched it for family time over the holidays; my father, who is British, was saying her accent was switching between Northern English (which sounds Scottish to me?), London, Irish, etc. I may not have been able to place where the accents were coming from in the UK, but I knew it was wrong. My sister and I were laughing the entire time about it, but once I start a movie I like to finish it no matter how bad (exceptions: Idiocracy and In the Name of the King).

The last one Hathaway was in, or the last one I saw that she was in before this one, was a horrible movie to me, too - Love and Other Drugs. Some people loved it, but it was, to me, the same as this one. Extremely boring. Good thing they didn't have to fake accents again.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #10032
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
I loved the Swedish movie, but the English movie might be just as good. Mara, who plays Lisbeth, does an amazing job. You should do yourself a favour and go see it.

I'm a Craig mark so i will.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #10033
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

4/10

It's crazy that movie, while avoiding the corny scenes and plot twists, could get so bad. I usually like movies based on what culprits they do not have rather than what they bring to the table, but this one... I don't know. Story made sense, characters too, even the woman were in her place and didn't go around beating men or anything. Very neat and real. Yet, I did not enjoy it, I couldn't get into the movie, and it was just an alienating story. For some reason... Recommend not to watch.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #10034
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ Not as good as Carpenter's, but still one of my favorite movies of the year. Though, I admittedly am a huge Thing fan and any movie that brings back the nastalgia of Carpenter's is probably going to be good in my book.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #10035
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Easily 9, maybe even a 10.

I didn't have high hopes for it, but that's because I'm an ignorant dick head who thought this was going to be a girly film of sorts. I never paid attention when the books got popular, because, just hearing the title of it, made me lump it in with Twilight and all that other garbage.

Jeez, I have never made a bigger mistake in my life. Apart from maybe telling a job interviewer once, that I had no intentions of staying with that company for the long term.

Me and my gf went to see it. I originally did not want to see it (due to my ignorance), but I conceded and agreed to see it. I then regretted this decision when I noticed that the film was nearly 3 hours long. However, when I was in there, I was so gripped by the film, that I completely ignored everything around me. The film did not drag in the slightest, my interest was kept all the way the through.

Such a great film and I'm glad I watched it.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: