Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #10111
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Drive 9/10

Really liked it, though the story's a bit predictable.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #10112
KrizMiz
Serious playground baller

KrizMiz has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Drive 9/10

this!
KrizMiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #10113
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

IP Man

10/10

N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #10114
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Assassination of Jesse James - 7/10
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #10115
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Drive 9/10

yup exactly how i felt.. i gave it a 9.5... the lacking .5 was due to that predictability.
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #10116
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol on an IMAX screen.

Awesome action flick. 9.5 out of 10. Not a Tom Cruise fan by any means, but Brad Bird did a great job directing.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #10117
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not a movie, but just caught this 6-episode mini series on Netflix from the BBC:

Luther: 8.5/10

Idris Elba (just won the Golden Globe for best actor a few minutes ago for this) plays John Luther, a brilliant but troubled and volatile London homicide detective. Very well written show with some interesting character dynamics. The obvious stand out is Luther's relationship with Alice Morgan, the beautiful but psychotic woman who is at the center of the first investigation he conducts on the show. Don't know what it is about her, but she does it for me and it's not really her looks, attractive but nothing special. Could be her razor sharp intelligence or her ruthlessness, but there's just something about her

Anyway, Can't wait to catch the second series. Hopefully it comes out on netflix soon.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #10118
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just got back from watching The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for the second time. Still so good. At least 9/10. I also want Daniel Craig's wardrobe from that movie. He dressed well, tho. Pause. Did some research and ordering that Moncler down jacket asap.

Back to the movie... If you haven't seen it, you need to. It's amazing. I know some say, "Why did they remake an already great movie?" Well, I haven't seen the Swedish version, but if it's better than this one, then I know I need to because this one was fantastic. Rooney Mara is captivating and believable as Lisbeth Salander.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #10119
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Life
yup exactly how i felt.. i gave it a 9.5... the lacking .5 was due to that predictability.
The only flaw IMO
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #10120
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Unguarded: 8/10- Powerful. Might not be one of the best documentaries in the 30 for 30 series, but it's easily a top-5 STORY in the set.

I can sum it up in one scene I think: He's talking about when he was in California. His buddy and him are out making runs, gettin high off everything. It's been like 5 days of this, and he decides to try meth. In my head I'm just kinda jokin: "just don't go to Modesto."

Then he talks about the Modesto indecent. See his wife calls and says she and the kids are gonna fly out and they'll meet him at the Oakland airport. He's still paranoid and tripping off the previous days, and is freakin out. He thinks someone is followin him so he's takin exits and entrances just at random. He ends up in Modesto. He's arrested, and taken to the hospital and jail.

Now the group he's telling this to are other users, and convicts. And everyone's laughin, and it was kind of a funny story. But then he says that bad part was that his wife and kids were standing on the sidewalk at the Oakland airport because he didn't make it to them. The room goes silent.

And for me it was all the more powerful because after he gets out he goes to a 7-11 and starts drinkin. Then he goes round back and falls asleep in the streets. Then he goes back to the place in person, and I recognized it. It was not 15 minutes away from where I sat watching this movie. And it just hit me how this guy who had it all, ended up in a rundown place in a rundown city contemplating never calling his wife or kids again and just living in Modesto homeless.

Amazing story to tell, well put together story telling, just an all around good documentary.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #10121
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Skeleton Key - 8/10

I liked it a lot. For those who seen the movie, please tell me if what I believe to be the reason to the ending is correct (spoiler alert in white):

The old man is the young social worker/law agent and the young man is the old man trapped in each others bodies through vudoo and the girl becomes trapped inside of the old lady's body vice versa. I got the girl part but the elderly man trapped I'm sure it's the young male right?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #10122
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Guy's a hack. I'd love to hear him bullshit his way through this scene that he swagger jacked. Telling us about how Judas meeting Jesus created a wormhole or time warp that sent Jesus back in time, yadda yadda yadda.

SPOILER: Final scene of the Last Temptation of Christ

Would've been better if they just left it at supernatural causes, it's like 'basketball reasons', works for everything

I don't care what anybody says, I really had some positive feedback for The Box. Certain elements were extremely well done and it sparked my imagination a great deal. F*** off if you think diff
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #10123
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Skeleton Key - 8/10

I liked it a lot. For those who seen the movie, please tell me if what I believe to be the reason to the ending is correct (spoiler alert in white):

The old man is the young social worker/law agent and the young man is the old man trapped in each others bodies through vudoo and the girl becomes trapped inside of the old lady's body vice versa. I got the girl part but the elderly man trapped I'm sure it's the young male right?

That is how I saw it. Saw that one when I was younger and I think I'll have to rewatch it.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #10124
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Closer. 7.5\10 for me. Ending was really awesome. Natalie Portman was bomb as usual and Clive Owen was pretty funny. Generally would rate it higher but it's one of those movies that because of the ending I walked away from it liking it more so than I did while sitting through it.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #10125
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

9 outta 10 for drive, dat movie was dope mayne
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: