Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #10141
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Best part of American Gangster is when he murks Idris Elba in broad daylight.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #10142
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
Pan's Labyrinth: 7.5/10

Surely this film is original, I don't anything can be compared to it really.. Enjoyed it, what kept it from getting a really high score, for me personally, was the weirdness, at some points the 'wtf-factor' was just a bit too high for me.

I really liked it, the artistry of the fantasy world was just beautiful. That scene with the guy with his eyes in his hands (I think his name is the pale man) still gives me chills sometimes.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #10143
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yea that part is wild because his brothers had NO IDEA what he was capable of until witnessing that being that he hadn't spoke to them in years presumably.

Only thing (this is such a minor gripe) that made it a lil corny was the overuse of the '20%' line after homie was leakin on the concrete
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #10144
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Best part of American Gangster is when he murks Idris Elba in broad daylight.

And he strolls non-nonchalantly back to the breakfast place and his entire family have horrified looks on their faces.

I can't watch Denzel anymore, I'm not sure I ever could. Even Training Day. I just feel like I'm watching Denzel and not the character he's playing.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #10145
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
And he strolls non-nonchalantly back to the breakfast place and his entire family have horrified looks on their faces.

I can't watch Denzel anymore, I'm not sure I ever could. Even Training Day. I just feel like I'm watching Denzel and not the character he's playing.

Yeah, but Denzel is so ****ing cool that I don't care.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #10146
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know what you mean. He's def a 'movie star' and not a method/character actor.

I will say he's still a good and effective actor but he doesn't let his character consume his persona the way I appreciate in the great ones.

Denzel is still a beast tho and has amazing screen presence and has mastered a lot of physical nuaces in acting
Old 01-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #10147
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah, but Denzel is so ****ing cool that I don't care.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #10148
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
I know what you mean. He's def a 'movie star' and not a method/character actor.

I will say he's still a good and effective actor but he doesn't let his character consume his persona the way I appreciate in the great ones.

Denzel is still a beast tho and has amazing screen presence and has mastered a lot of physical nuaces in acting

I don't even think that's it, because I know of a few actors who aren't method that I don't notice that I'm watching the actor.

Could be I just don't like him as an actor. I'm not even sure at this point.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #10149
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

Old 01-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #10150
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

that's a really good way of putting it. i think he has such distinct mannerisms and manner of speaking that his persona overwhelms the roles he's suppose to be encompassing. In his movies after 2000, it does feel like he's just doing denzel in a different costume.

I don't think it was like that in his earlier films tho, in particular Soldier's story which I saw recently.

I feel the same about Leo Dicaprio's performances recently.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #10151
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
that's a really good way of putting it. i think he has such distinct mannerisms and manner of speaking that his persona overwhelms the roles he's suppose to be encompassing. In his movies after 2000, it does feel like he's just doing denzel in a different costume.

I don't think it was like that in his earlier films tho, in particular Soldier's story which I saw recently.

Agreed. The little ticks (saying "eh"/"yeah" after sentences and the constant squinting) in a number of his roles have really bothered me.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #10152
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey

I don't get that feeling from Dicaprio as much as other people. His main problem to me is no matter how much neck beard he can grow he still looks like he's Basketball Diaries young.

I can look down his IMDB list and pick out at least 8 movies where I don't notice It's him when I watch them, but I know for a fact without even seeing it, it'll be weird to watch him in J. Edgar.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #10153
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I don't get that feeling from Dicaprio as much as other people. His main problem to me is no matter how much neck beard he can grow he still looks like he's Basketball Diaries young.

I can look down his IMDB list and pick out at least 8 movies where I don't notice It's him when I watch them, but I know for a fact without even seeing it, it'll be weird to watch him in J. Edgar.

You nailed it and I feel the same way about Will Smith too.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #10154
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't even think that's it, because I know of a few actors who aren't method that I don't notice that I'm watching the actor.

Could be I just don't like him as an actor. I'm not even sure at this point.

It's obviously cause he's black.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #10155
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

THE WACKNESS- 7.4/10

This type of corky film is right up my alley. Loved the characters cept that step daughter b!tch and I guess she was meant to be flaky and unlikable.

The lead character Luke and the friendship he had with Ben Kingsley's psychiatrist character, along with the hip hop music/culture, makes the film a unique and endearing movie.

Some of the acting left a tad to be desired but I love this movie. If you enjoy 1990's NYC and hip hop, def check it out but there's some very memorable elements in it as well.

My man supplying those in need of greenage from the Ice Cream wagon is

Seriously, Ben Kingsley kills it in his role and his character takes the film from almost generic to embracing counterculture. This movie is a killer little gem that undoubtedly went overlooked. Glad I watched again
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: