Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #10171
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

The Ides of March: 7.5/10- Honestly at first I was gonna give this a much lower score, but I think that was based on my personal circumstance. See I had soooo much hope going in that this would be one of the best movies I's seen in a while. I saw the cast list, the jist of the movie, and just thought this couldn't be anything but great.

Then it was disappointing. It seemed fairly shallow, jumping all over the place and I couldn't figure it out, what was the direction, where's the narrative. Is the conflice the Morris camp vs the Pullman camp? Is the conflict getting the dude elected? I couldn't figure.

Then about 50 minutes in SHIT GETS REAL! And I understand the conflict.

And it was kinda disappointing. I was hoping it'd be a little more political intrigue than what actually got into the film. I also didn't like the ending, I have a hard time comprehending the decision to end it in the manner they did.
Interesting, but ultimately falls short. Great acting, looked great as far as the locations, and the framing and such. Would recommend.

I really liked it. Give a intriguing glance into the backroom of politics. I would give it an 8.5.

I felt like the movie just took a starey eyed kid and followed him through his transformation into a somewhat jaded political figure. The ending was to show him listening to the bs that his poltician was spewing then wiping his jaded face away to put on him game face for the press. He went from a guy doing anything "as long as he believes in the cause" to just trying to win the election.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 01-22-2012 at 03:02 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #10172
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Drive - A+/A

This movie was awesome. It reminded me of an old Clint Eastwood style western dropped down into modern indie music video with a heavy dose of 80s nostalgia.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #10173
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I really liked it. Give a intriguing glance into the backroom of politics. I would give it an 8.5.

I felt like the movie just took a starey eyed kid and followed him through his transformation into a somewhat jaded political figure. The ending was to show him listening to the bs that his poltician was spewing then wiping his jaded face away to put on him game face for the press. He went from a guy doing anything "as long as he believes in the cause" to just trying to win the election.

I'll likely rewatch it because I want to pick up on a few things. Like something I thought about was that he put on a red tie only at the very end. He'd always worn a blue tie as far as I could remember, and Paul wore the red. It's almost like throughout the whole movie he was sticking to the ideals that he believed in, the blue tie representing his party, his sticking to his values. The red tie would represent doing what's necessary, even selling out a bit to get the job done.

But I'm not entirely certain that he wore only blue to that point for sure.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #10174
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 7/10

It def better than your average Hollywood flick but as i have read the book and seen the swedish one first i had much higher expectations. Especially the extended ending was kind of meh
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #10175
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I'll likely rewatch it because I want to pick up on a few things. Like something I thought about was that he put on a red tie only at the very end. He'd always worn a blue tie as far as I could remember, and Paul wore the red. It's almost like throughout the whole movie he was sticking to the ideals that he believed in, the blue tie representing his party, his sticking to his values. The red tie would represent doing what's necessary, even selling out a bit to get the job done.

But I'm not entirely certain that he wore only blue to that point for sure.

good observation! I'm gonna check it out on my second view too.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #10176
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Contraband - 3/5

Went to see it as part of a lazy day hanging out with my girl. Liked Wahlberg in some films (Departed, The Other Guys) and thought he did ok. Big reason I came was I'm a big fan of Ben Foster. He had an interesting character and could have had killed it but the writing and pacing of the film failed. Real interesting first half that slowly tapers out to a fizzle. Worth watching at home or Netflix but probably not worth ticket price. Lean back and enjoy the action and try not to think too much.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #10177
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tekken- If I ever met the idiot who wanted to get this made:

*See guy*

"Fuck you!!!!"

*Punch guy in the dick*
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #10178
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster

BLUE VELVET

8.75/10

Mulholland Drive

9/10
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #10179
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

The change up. 8/10

What's that movie called with Ryan Reynolds and da dude from American pie (ossie) i rate that as the funniest movie I've seen to date
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #10180
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Drive - 9.2/10

Contagion - 8.8/10

Groundhog Day - 6.2/10

Cowboys and Aliens - 6/10
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #10181
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In time - Entertaining I suppose but nothing special. Won't re-watch it ever again but kept me satisfied somewhat during it. 5\10

Devils Rejects - Awesome movie. Really creepy. Liked it better than the first, 7\10.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #10182
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Art of Negative Thinking 8/10

Great, warm movie with bits of tragedy and black humour. The good ol type where peeps get into a house and the drama happen. Anyway, it's a not giving theme, and it's hard to really do something else, something not seen before on that. So that takes away a point. Great movie with small budget, peace.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #10183
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Se7en

10/10

All I can really say is: mind = blown.
I already figured there was going to be a head in the package, and I knew whose it was, but even after it was revealed, I was in awe.
Brilliant ending to a really brilliant movie. It's almost hard to believe this movie is over 15 years old!
The only major thing that gives away its age is the fact that the television screens in the movie flickered and had glares. That's because the cameras of the '90s weren't great at the time and couldn't prevent the flickering/glaring.
Overall, it was an amazing movie. I really felt like I could understand Morgan Freeman's character and his frustrations of living in a big city.
If you've never seen this movie, you should. I highly recommend it.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #10184
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Se7en

10/10

All I can really say is: mind = blown.
I already figured there was going to be a head in the package, and I knew whose it was, but even after it was revealed, I was in awe.
Brilliant ending to a really brilliant movie. It's almost hard to believe this movie is over 15 years old!
The only major thing that gives away its age is the fact that the television screens in the movie flickered and had glares. That's because the cameras of the '90s weren't great at the time and couldn't prevent the flickering/glaring.
Overall, it was an amazing movie. I really felt like I could understand Morgan Freeman's character and his frustrations of living in a big city.
If you've never seen this movie, you should. I highly recommend it.
What could you possibly like about the ending?? That it was sick?? I was totally disgusted by that. It was such a pointless manifest of evil that I do not know. Ruined the movie for me... Just a dirt and mud in the world. Nothing that I put movie on for
Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #10185
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

The Fall 8.8/10
Very great story, it's about imagistration and free adventures. Liked every bit of it. It's what we're missing these days - just seeing the world through the eyes of the child. And ofcourse the scenery was just outstanding. Good ol summer in sanatory, right!
On the other hand, it was somewhat too light to watch again, and I didn't enjoy it to the fullest because of the eclectic style... of things. It was absolutely magnificent but not that consistent. I grew up playing some computer games that were not as mixed and had a specific single style going on. Same for the books. So that makes me take rate it lower.
A must watch!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: