Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #10186
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Can't attach a percentage. It's really quite good, but I just feel like reading the book now to explore the questions I have. I don't know that 2 hours was enough to cover the book, because there are so many plotlines that aren't necessarily crucial to the overall arc of the film that would have been awesome to explore. Additionally, the climax is underwhelming just for the fact that the characters haven't had time to be explored properly.

80% maybe?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #10187
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
What could you possibly like about the ending?? That it was sick?? I was totally disgusted by that. It was such a pointless manifest of evil that I do not know. Ruined the movie for me... Just a dirt and mud in the world. Nothing that I put movie on for

Villain turned Brad Pitt's character into Wrath after he himself became Envy. Intelligent way to end a movie, though it was disturbing. I already said my mind was blown.
After watching the movie, my wife, brother-in-law & sis-in-law all kept talking about it for 10+ minutes, how it was obvious what was in the box, but even when it was revealed, it made our hearts sink.
That movie was simply genius.
It shows you that even the good can fall from grace; in this case, Brad Pitt's character being the good guy who just wanted to nab this sonofabitch serial killer.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #10188
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
What could you possibly like about the ending?? That it was sick?? I was totally disgusted by that. It was such a pointless manifest of evil that I do not know. Ruined the movie for me... Just a dirt and mud in the world. Nothing that I put movie on for

Terrible post. Seven's ending is outstanding, no matter how dark it is
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #10189
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Villain turned Brad Pitt's character into Wrath after he himself became Envy. Intelligent way to end a movie, though it was disturbing. I already said my mind was blown.
After watching the movie, my wife, brother-in-law & sis-in-law all kept talking about it for 10+ minutes, how it was obvious what was in the box, but even when it was revealed, it made our hearts sink.
It shows you that even the good can fall from grace; in this case, Brad Pitt's character being the good guy who just wanted to nab this sonofabitch serial killer.

First, I completely agree with you on Se7en.

Second, you reminded me of this: http://www.collegehumor.com/video/61...s-icing-movies
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:43 AM   #10190
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Terrible post. Seven's ending is outstanding, no matter how dark it is
Terrible post? How that makes a post, terrible?

I just wouldn't appreciate being left with that type of "package" at the end of the movie. It's psycho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
It might have been touching for you, it was alienating for me. My mind wasn't blown my guts were wreched.
Dunno
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #10191
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Zombieland - 7/10

Not a great film but I enjoyed it and man Emma Stone is hot.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #10192
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Warrior 9/10 Eventhough the commercials gave you the basic premise of the movie there were still quite a few unexpected moments in the movie. The movie never seemed to drag at a length of 2 hours and 15 mins. Good job by all involved.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #10193
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Warrior 9/10 Eventhough the commercials gave you the basic premise of the movie there were still quite a few unexpected moments in the movie. The movie never seemed to drag at a length of 2 hours and 15 mins. Good job by all involved.
Agreed, I watched that recently. Mostly to me it was the ending that really stood out if you ask me, the end of the fight when the music kicks in.. Shit really got to me.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #10194
Rnbizzle
Banned

Also, I just watched Sucker Punch

8/10 for me but I think there's a lot of people who would hate this film.
It's all waaay over the top and the acting isn't always brilliant, but the way the story is constructed.. I liked it.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #10195
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

friday 7/10
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #10196
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We need to start grouping up the 8+ rated movies so people can check them out.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #10197
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz

681 pages. Looks like you got some work to do.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #10198
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Descendants: 4.5/10

This movie was really boring. It seemed like it was supposed to be sad, but it wasn't at all. It just failed on all levels. I only rate it this high because I was able to finish it. I have no clue how it won a golden globe

Last edited by TheSilentKiller : 01-31-2012 at 12:34 PM.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #10199
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Underworld Awakening

6/10

it was ok, kinda retarded but I dunno the action was interesting....
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #10200
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz

Except some genius just gave Sucker Punch a 8/10 It was TERRIBLE.

I've rewatched all of Jong Boon-Ho's films in the last week or so, he may be the best director alive right now. I can't recommend his work highly enough, especially Memories of Murder.

Korean cinema > American
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: