Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #10201
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy

I've rewatched all of Jong Boon-Ho's films in the last week or so, he may be the best director alive right now. I can't recommend his work highly enough, especially Memories of Murder.

Korean cinema > American

Agreed, though I prefer Chan-Wook Park (closely followed by Jee-woon Kim) more than Joon-ho Bong (who may be my 3rd fav).
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #10202
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Has anybody seen the full length international version of Red Cliff? It's a Chinese war epic that had a couple of hours removed for US release.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #10203
LockoutOver11
KIDD & A.I. ERA

LockoutOver11 has an OK reputation so far

Watching the Departed again,, unfortunately on tv. I might just pop in the DVD and watch all over again. It gets better every time. Its funny how ya'll rate movies with weird numbers like 5.2, 7.3, or a 8.8... wtf??

whatever this movie is great.
LockoutOver11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #10204
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

8/10

The action scenes were very cool and it was a humorous movie, too. RDJr. was very amusing and convincing as an eccentric but brilliant Sherlock (or Sherley as his "brother" in the movie refers to him) Holmes.

Better than the first one I'd say.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #10205
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watched Ink, 9.4/10
A lovely not-your-usual story. I like those type of movies, just drops you into some kind of fantasy world. Unlike the Pan's Labyrinth, in this one worlds did mesh together for me, and it all made sense in the end. The weak part - the defenders were kind of... Unclear. Some random blokes that's all
But a pleasurable watch.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #10206
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Space Jam - 8/10

I hadn't seen this since I was a kid. I had actually forgotten that its quite funny and for a non-actor, MJ isn't totally embarrassing. Bill Murray is quite good in this too.

"Larry, I'm gonna give us both twos back there. We weren't in any emotional state to putt."
"That seems fair."
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #10207
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

9/10 "50/50" is a good ****ing movie.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:15 AM   #10208
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

50/50 - 8.5/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:18 AM   #10209
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Descendants: 4.5/10

This movie was really boring. It seemed like it was supposed to be sad, but it wasn't at all. It just failed on all levels. I only rate it this high because I was able to finish it. I have no clue how it won an academy award
Oscars haven't happened yet. But speaking of, there's some solid flicks in there, but holy shit, talk about a weak Best Picture winner. If The Help wins that shit, so help me God...
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #10210
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i sat through all agonizing 238 minutes of Gone With the Wind at the local independent a few nights ago. it was long and... i was actually going to write tedious, but i'm not even sure i could call it that, which is a special acknowledgement in my mind for a movie over twice as long as most. the characters, well mostly scarlett, remained so mysterious for so long that you just wanted to know which direction they'd finally be pulled. i loved every minute of it, wasn't familiar with the book or any of the characters going in, all i knew was that it was a tragic tale of the old south's defeat. couldn't have asked for a better way to spend $6 or a sunday evening.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #10211
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
i sat through all agonizing 238 minutes of Gone With the Wind at the local independent a few nights ago. it was long and... i was actually going to write tedious, but i'm not even sure i could call it that, which is a special acknowledgement in my mind for a movie over twice as long as most. the characters, well mostly scarlett, remained so mysterious for so long that you just wanted to know which direction they'd finally be pulled. i loved every minute of it, wasn't familiar with the book or any of the characters going in, all i knew was that it was a tragic tale of the old south's defeat. couldn't have asked for a better way to spend $6 or a sunday evening.

I love revival showings of stuff. I went to see The Godfather a couple summers ago at a revival, and in spite of it being a movie I've seen maybe a thousand times, and in spite of it not being shown in the best theatre in the world, there's some different about seeing it on the big screen. It draws a larger percentage of one's focus or something.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #10212
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Oscars haven't happened yet. But speaking of, there's some solid flicks in there, but holy shit, talk about a weak Best Picture winner. If The Help wins that shit, so help me God...

Sorry I meant golden globe
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #10213
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Can you believe Victor Flemming directed that and The Wizard Of Oz in the same year?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #10214
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

? You loved it, but found it agonizing at the same time?

Now add subtitles and you're ready for the 207 minutes of Seven Samurai.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #10215
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tree of Life.

n/a / 10. Turned that shit off after 30 minutes. I have the fucking Discovery Channel at home. I don't think I've ever watched a more pretentious, meandering 30 minutes of film in my life. Undoubtedly some of you will act as if I'm some moron with a short attention span, but it just was not in any way engaging, interesting, anything. Shot of scenery + whispered 'deep' phrases. No thanks. The film forces its supposed subtlety down your throat. Ugh.

BTW the last film I said "f*ck this" to was Dr Doolittle when I was like 8.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 01-31-2012 at 08:18 PM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: