Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #10216
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

BTW the last film I said "f*ck this" to was Dr Doolittle when I was like 8.

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #10217
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Can you believe Victor Flemming directed that and The Wizard Of Oz in the same year?
lol, i wouldn't have if wiki hasn't just confirmed it... that's unbelievable, i had no idea he did Oz

oh and kevin, that was just a shitty descriptor for how long the movie was. i was fidgety and consistently looking at the clock... especially the last hour of either side of the intermission. i loved every second but i never really fell into it to the point that time flew by. which i guess made each of those four hours, to some minor extent, agonizing.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #10218
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Tree of Life.

n/a / 10. Turned that shit off after 30 minutes. I have the fucking Discovery Channel at home. I don't think I've ever watched a more pretentious, meandering 30 minutes of film in my life. Undoubtedly some of you will act as if I'm some moron with a short attention span, but it just was not in any way engaging, interesting, anything. Shot of scenery + whispered 'deep' phrases. No thanks. The film forces its supposed subtlety down your throat. Ugh.

BTW the last film I said "f*ck this" to was Dr Doolittle when I was like 8.
the meandering scenes weren't the crux of its greatness, it was the childhood scenes with Pitt and the kids. there was a lot of pretentious bullshit in it, but the payoff is well worth it if you suck it up, buy in, and then enjoy the sections that aren't batshit off the wall insane.

i think it might have been a theater movie though. at least i saw it in the theater and the landscape/cosmos/evolution scenes were made all the better by the enormous screen.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #10219
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Tree of Life.

n/a / 10. Turned that shit off after 30 minutes. I have the fucking Discovery Channel at home. I don't think I've ever watched a more pretentious, meandering 30 minutes of film in my life. Undoubtedly some of you will act as if I'm some moron with a short attention span, but it just was not in any way engaging, interesting, anything. Shot of scenery + whispered 'deep' phrases. No thanks. The film forces its supposed subtlety down your throat. Ugh.

I was just watching RallisP on youtube who has pretty good takes on movies, and he gave it a 1/10. Said it is a bunch of random pics with no direction. Probably will never see this movie myself.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #10220
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
the meandering scenes weren't the crux of its greatness, it was the childhood scenes with Pitt and the kids. there was a lot of pretentious bullshit in it, but the payoff is well worth it if you suck it up, buy in, and then enjoy the sections that aren't batshit off the wall insane.

i think it might have been a theater movie though. at least i saw it in the theater and the landscape/cosmos/evolution scenes were made all the better by the enormous screen.
I don't know. Thin Red Line started with the same BS and turned out to be amazing and totally worth the time it took to watch, so I really, really wanted to try on this but you can't mix in a great film with a solid hour of bullshit. I won't watch, I'm sorry. The first 1/2 hour is absolutely nothing but pure, unadulterated Terrance Malick jerking off on your screen. Again: ugh. I don't doubt that it has its redeeming qualities, but if you wedge them between excruciatingly long periods of nonsense, I'm just not going to watch.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #10221
RidonKs
NBA Legend

yeah, i probably wouldn't bother if i were you. like i said, i think it was a different experience for me because i got to catch on the big screen, plus i was stoned. still rolled my eyes at most of the monologues (and had you stuck it through, you'd have vomited at the final few scenes with Sean Penn, which flat out just made no f*cking sense). i'm just letting you know that there were definitely redeeming qualities... and it's also helpful to think of how christians might feel differently towards it, buying into the majestic father in the sky 'bs' and thus allowing the whole movie to ring much truer than it would in the eyes of you or i.

i actually saw it with my dad and he hated it a lot more than i did. 'artsy fartsy drivel' i think might have been his review.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #10222
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brad Pitt was the best part of the movie for me. He really did a fantastic job. I loved the movie personally but I definitely can see why most people don't like it. It just happened to fit my tastes and I think I was in the perfect state of mind for it the night I finally decided to watch it.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #10223
RidonKs
NBA Legend

the whole family dynamic was simply fantastic. and it took up at least half the screen time, so i didn't feel like i was sitting there waiting for Mallick to bring me back down to solid ground after meandering in the clouds.

there were a few drop dead gorgeous scenes i vividly remember of the family running and playing in the yard set over classical music that really left an impression. that's another part i forgot, the music was really well selected, even though i can't remember for the life of me a single tune.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #10224
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Animal Kingdom - 7\10. Pretty neat flick, cool story line. Kept me interested, liked the ending but wasn't anything special.

Can't Hardly Wait - 5\10. Played out storyline but had some funny moments and Jennifer Love Hewitt was pretty smoking hot in '99.

Straw Dogs - 7\10. I'm a sucker for when the people being attacked really fight back. Kinda reminded me of Last house on the left with the rape scenes and attackers getting F'd up.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #10225
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Animal Kingdom - 7\10. Pretty neat flick, cool story line. Kept me interested, liked the ending but wasn't anything special.

Can't Hardly Wait - 5\10. Played out storyline but had some funny moments and Jennifer Love Hewitt was pretty smoking hot in '99.

Straw Dogs - 7\10. I'm a sucker for when the people being attacked really fight back. Kinda reminded me of Last house on the left with the rape scenes and attackers getting F'd up.

New Straw Dogs or original with Dustin Hoffman?

I have the original on DVD, but have yet to watch it.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 02-01-2012 at 12:38 AM.
KevinNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #10226
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Old Straw Dogs or original with Dustin Hoffman.

I have the original on DVD, but have yet to watch it.

Def not the original. This one was like 2011.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #10227
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Tree of Life.

You obviously didn't get the memo

That was actually posted at a box office in Connecticutt.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #10228
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Def not the original. This one was like 2011.

Yeah, I knew they remade it. The original one is legendary in England, but not so well known here.

F$%&!. I have some work to do that I have been procrastinating on and I just thought, hell, I throw it in now and watch it while work.

And it's not in the damn case. That sucks.

Also I just found out I have the Criterion Collection Blu Ray of Wings of Desire....probably got it as gift two Christmases ago. Had no idea I had it.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #10229
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Grey

9.5/10

The movie went into action immediately, which made it cool because I expected it to drag on boringly. I knew it was going to be a good movie, but I didn't expect it to be amazing.
Liam Neeson, like always, put on a great, believable performance, though his character was somewhat exaggerated.
Something in particular about some of the scenes in this movie bothered me. In some scenes, Neeson & the remaining survivors run away from the pack of wolves that are trying to kill them all, but in a couple of scenes, he & the remaining survivors ran at the wolves. It didn't really make much sense, to be honest. If you watch the movie, maybe you'll see what I mean, but I won't dwell on it any further.
The ending of the movie immediately disappointed almost everyone in the theater that night when I watched the movie, including my wifey. I, however, thought it was a brilliant way to end a great movie.

Would I watch it again? Yes. I would've watched it a second time right after watching it the first time. It was that damn good.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #10230
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Moneyball- 10/10 Just an excellent all around performance by Pitt and Hill.

Cowboys & Aliens- 7.5/10

The Winning Season- 9/10 I loved this movie, just an all around feel good movie. Sam Rockwell has become my favorite actor rite now. His performance in Conviction
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: