Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #10261
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
im curious about one thing..

what the fukk are you talking about?

No offense.

This, mang.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #10262
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Fargo 9.2/10
It is movie with people saying ya. Sad it's based on a true story... To sad. The Margie character was so hot although she's old. I liked the funny way it was put, it's a funny story. With glimpses of low humane nature, I guess. Tak.

Fargo isn't really based on a true story. The Coens just say it is to add affect to the story and setting.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #10263
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Fargo isn't really based on a true story. The Coens just say it is to add affect to the story and setting.
Absolutely correct.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #10264
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just saw Ides of March 7.5/10

Gosling's terrific acting and sad eyes creates a very captivating character in a riveting political drama.

The ending kind of missed it's impact with me, because I am already so jaded about the political process that I couldn't relate with stephen's disillusionment with the governor. I never bought into the fact that the man was anything but a politician.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #10265
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I hate to do this because no one should ever be forced, but can you expand on this a bit. Like write a full review if you have time?

This is one of those movies that I'll likely see anyway, but am curious as to what people's impressions were.

ok i will try, but since this is a new movie the spoilers are below!!!

basically it's a story about about 3 highschool students who find by accident superpowers. At first they are experimenting with their unique powers(telekinesis mainly) in the backyard but as time goes on they start to fool around with people and bigger objects like cars and so on. Soon one of three friends starts to show his darker side this is due to a fact that he is a reject at school and bullied constantly. Also his dying mother and violent drunkard father are making the situation for him harder. And soon he cannot control his rage anymore and starts to use the powers for wrong reasons.

Movie itself is a bit short but as i mentioned before the found footage or handycam footage gives it a more realistic touch. Also it has a decent human story approach with your average teenage life's achievements and tragedies.
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #10266
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Well sucks then. Did it had * mark or I can sue them? Because I feels like a fool now ha ha.

Good movie nevertheless
Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #10267
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Well sucks then. Did it had * mark or I can sue them? Because I feels like a fool now ha ha.

Good movie nevertheless
seriously dude, i never understand you
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #10268
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fargo was so ****ing strange lol. I really need to watch it again.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #10269
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dr.Strangelove 87/100

The Pianist 91/100
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #10270
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Chronicle

Much better than I expected, loved how the movie went from being all humorous and harmless in the beginning to this pretty dark film by the end. The character development of Andrew reminded me alot of Tupac's character development in the movie Juice.

8/10
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #10271
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Fargo was so ****ing strange lol. I really need to watch it again.

A lot of the Coen brothers movies stand up to repeated watchings, because they can be so stylized and strange the first time round.

They are way more into atmosphere and incidental characters than other movies which focus solely on story.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #10272
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Watched Mulholland Drive yesterday, but I was really tired and fell asleep at about half. Movie was quite strange, without almost any action until then. Is it worth continuing? Seemed kinda boring, but that might be my tiredness at the moment...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #10273
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Watched Mulholland Drive yesterday, but I was really tired and fell asleep at about half. Movie was quite strange, without almost any action until then. Is it worth continuing? Seemed kinda boring, but that might be my tiredness at the moment...

After the Lesbian scene there really isn't much worth seeing.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #10274
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Girl with the dragon tattoo: 8/10

Solid film, I think I'm going to read the books.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #10275
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

Manhunter 8.5/10
It's a nice thriller and I presume a classic, but the fighting scenes were dreadful. And the whole ending, to that matter... A must watch, but it's past its time effects-wise.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: