Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #10276
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Grey- 6.5/10

nothing really happened, overrated

someone on here gave it a 9.5? LMFAO
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #10277
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Real Steel - 8 / 10
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #10278
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lucky number Slevin - 9 / 10
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #10279
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

war horse - 8.5/10

took peoples advice here what a great film
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #10280
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

A Dangerous Method 7/10

Considering the expectations I had for the movie, it kind of fell flat. Mortensen and Fassbender are some of my favourite actors but their roles were extremely restrained. The story wasn't terribly compelling and as for the tension between Jung and Freud, restrained still seems to be the best word I can come up with to describe that.

Knightley was alright but her role did seem very over the top (although I'm no expert with psychosis). The accent did seem out of place as well.

Just not a terribly compelling storyline, good acting and the score was pretty solid.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #10281
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

21%

The shittiness of this movie had no limits.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #10282
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

21%

The shittiness of this movie had no limits.

damn, 21%. what did you hate the most about it?
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #10283
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
damn, 21%. what did you hate the most about it?
Bradley Cooper's narration.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #10284
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chronicle - 1.5/10

unbelievably horrible

how does this have 7.7 on imdb? who the fck rates this?

a fcking pothead 13 year old could have wrote this movie
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #10285
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i've seen a bunch of movies i keep forgetting to review here, but two that i really liked in particular

terrific romcom, one of the most genuine scripts i've ever seen. i totally called this midway through and had my friend look up the writers... who were in fact married. everything about it rang true. sure it's impossible to make a movie like this without it being a wee bit cutesy tootsy, and thus for the average alpha male, vomit inducing... but i was watching it with a female friend and was in the mood. very good, nothing about it was cheesy at all, both leads were picture perfect. can't give it more than 8/10 for what it was, but it deserves every bit.

this one was a notch above, cronenberg did it again. the philosophy was there, as was the story and the acting. i was completely into the plot. i know the guy who reviewed it above complained that the spat between Freud and Jung wasn't pronounced enough, or to use another phrase, hammered home... frankly i was glad and thought it made for a better movie. and i'm sure that the subtlety of that strenuous relationship was lifted right out of the book.

it was the themes that made this movie what it was though. already being somewhat acquainted with the material, it was refreshing not to be treated like a moron throughout. the philosophy wasn't out of this world of course, but there were a few ideas touched upon -- specifically by knightley's character -- that definitely intrigued me. the whole notion of sexuality usurping Freud's mind in theory and Jung's mind in practise was played out perfectly, as was the latter's marriage.

acting and filming wise, i have no complaints. i actually kid you not didn't realize it was Knightly until a few days afterwards when a friend asked me how she was... after leaving the theater, both me and my buddy commented on how much the lead actress looked like knightly but it couldn't have been her, no way she could have pulled that off. but she totally did, i hope the movie wasn't released to early to void her chances at a best actress nom... she'd deserve it. Viggo was interesting, i kept wanting to not buy into his character because it seemed like such a silly cast, but every time i made the attempt, that subtle accent and his haughty mannerisms convinced me otherwise.

needless to say, i was impressed all round. 9/10, best of the year so far i reckon, at least of what i've seen.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #10286
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Black Swan 8/10

Was very confused by this movie, but ended up loving it and understanding it in the end. Natalie Portman was phenomenal.

Employee of the Month 6.5/10

Pretty funny. Better than what I had heard about it. Dane Cook has great delivery for jokes.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #10287
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

this one was a notch above, cronenberg did it again. the philosophy was there, as was the story and the acting. i was completely into the plot. i know the guy who reviewed it above complained that the spat between Freud and Jung wasn't pronounced enough, or to use another phrase, hammered home... frankly i was glad and thought it made for a better movie. and i'm sure that the subtlety of that strenuous relationship was lifted right out of the book.

it was the themes that made this movie what it was though. already being somewhat acquainted with the material, it was refreshing not to be treated like a moron throughout. the philosophy wasn't out of this world of course, but there were a few ideas touched upon -- specifically by knightley's character -- that definitely intrigued me. the whole notion of sexuality usurping Freud's mind in theory and Jung's mind in practise was played out perfectly, as was the latter's marriage.

acting and filming wise, i have no complaints. i actually kid you not didn't realize it was Knightly until a few days afterwards when a friend asked me how she was... after leaving the theater, both me and my buddy commented on how much the lead actress looked like knightly but it couldn't have been her, no way she could have pulled that off. but she totally did, i hope the movie wasn't released to early to void her chances at a best actress nom... she'd deserve it. Viggo was interesting, i kept wanting to not buy into his character because it seemed like such a silly cast, but every time i made the attempt, that subtle accent and his haughty mannerisms convinced me otherwise.

needless to say, i was impressed all round. 9/10, best of the year so far i reckon, at least of what i've seen.

Yeah, I really liked this one too. I didn't realize it was Knightly until I saw the credits.

I got see Cronenberg speak a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned that the woman that she played went on to become one of the first female psychoanalysts and was pretty much forgotten, until they found her papers a couple of decades ago. Can you imagine being her 100 years ago? Thinking that you were the only person on earth turned on by SM before there was even a vocabulary for it.

Cronenberg also showed two short films he did about cinema that are both on YouTube
link
link.

Also he mentioned that he is shooting his next feature on the Arri Alexa digital camera. And that it looks better than film. I just learned that both Drive and Hugo were shot on it. I think Hugo has a good shot an Oscar for cinematography.

If you didn't hear about it, a landmark occurred last October when Arri, Panavision and Aaton all stopped making film cameras. (Also check out the name of the Arri executive in the article.

Quote:
The demand for film cameras on a global basis has all but disappeared," says ARRI VP of Cameras, Bill Russell, who notes that the company has only built film cameras on demand since 2009. "There are still some markets--not in the U.S.--where film cameras are still sold, but those numbers are far fewer than they used to be. If you talk to the people in camera rentals, the amount of film camera utilization in the overall schedule is probably between 30 to 40 percent."
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #10288
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chronicle 6.5/10

Was fairly entertaining, but unfortunately most of the best parts were already shown in the commercials. F*cking marketers spoiling movies
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #10289
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watched The Maltese Falcon, 9.7/10
The lead character was a smartass (for real) and then if you were making movies as good as this back in '41 why would you need anything. At all. Anywhere. This just blows nowdays movies out of the narration.
Terrific characters, terrific dialogue, terrific plot and everything. Well, I might not have gotten very deep into it, but this film is rich.

What RidonKs said: well I'm intrigued. Have to watch A Dangerous Method by default, so I surely will, but now I have some expectations. If you guys liked it, it could be good.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #10290
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Donnie Darko - I honestly don't know how to rate this. Saw it for the first time and I'm still wondering what I just watched.. Is it worth watching this movie multiple times to sort of get it? Or is there not really something to get?

I have a theory but I don't know if it makes any sense at all (spoiler):

Donnie sees the future in a dream and chooses to die himself rather than let the girl die?

I could be waaay off.. Like I said I'm still not sure what I just watched.

Edit; That same choice means the Guru gets away with the kiddy porn though right? That's kinda hard to justify..

Last edited by Rnbizzle : 02-08-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: