Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #10306
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Season of the witch - 4/10. More Nicolas Cage garbage.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #10307
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been wanting to post my review for Safehouse for a while now but I haven't found the time to sit down and put all my thoughts in a row so for now I'll say:

Safehouse: 8/10

And I'll be back later with a full review cause I have a lot to say about it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #10308
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - 7/10

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #10309
TheSilentKiller
7-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd give it 7.5/10. It kept my attention but that is about all it did. It had the potential to be great but it never really got going for me.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #10310
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

The Grey: 7.5/10 - I was expecting a typical Liam Neeson movie like Taken where he was just going to fight people (in this instance Wolves) for 2 hours. The whole movie was about the people running and trying to survive against the Wolves instead. It was more of an emotional movie and I was dissapointed that they didn't fight more Wolves. Good storyline though so it was still good.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #10311
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Shame: Holy shit/10

This movie was so intense. Fassbender is a great actor, he was so real and raw in scenes that made me uncomfortable just to watch let alone act in. This movie was so messed up but I loved it. I would probably give it a 8.5.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #10312
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Shame: Holy shit/10

This movie was so intense. Fassbender is a great actor, he was so real and raw in scenes that made me uncomfortable just to watch let alone act in. This movie was so messed up but I loved it. I would probably give it a 8.5.

I just love when you rate movies by that... So funny. Might watch some day, thanks.
kNIOKAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #10313
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Gilda

8.5/10

I couldn't stop staring the entire time Rita Hayworth was on screen.

Wonderful dialogue. So-so film execution.

Love it when she does that.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #10314
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Great Escape 9/10. I really liked this movie. I had never seen it before, found it on Netflix and gave it a shot. Was not disappointed, even though it was made in 1963.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #10315
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Ides of March - 7/10

I guess I was expecting a bit more. The ending caught me off guard, I didn't expect it to end, the build up was there, but the final act didn't blossom as much as I would've liked.

Although, thinking back, the whole movie is about the development of Gosling's character. Going from an awe struck, always-do-the-right-thing kind of guy, to becoming a dirty player, just like everyone else around him. So maybe I'm just being a bit ignorant towards the ending.

I definitely need to watch it again with a different mentality and maybe I'll have a different opinion.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #10316
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Safehouse: 7/10- Well now... someone is certainly enjoying their middle act. Look this movie isn't amazing, it's actually fairly average in terms of plot and script and is even kinda weird at times with the flow of the movie. But was it is is fantastically acted by it leads.

I'll get to the bigger actor in a sec, Reynolds was surprising in this role. He plays the action, and straight laced guy well. Though I doubt he'll ever be as menacing as his counter part, he played his role very well. Holding his own against Frost and other guys seemed believable, and that is something that a lot of people take for granted.

Now... Tobin Frost is a bad ass. A bad ass. Matter of fact the most bad ass thing I have ever, EVER seen a Washington character do happens in this movie. I was just laughing. As I said, Denzel is clearly at the stage of his career where he is just picking roles he knows he'll enjoy doing. And it's fun to see a legend do that while they still can.

So we've got the strongest part of the movie out of the way. Now the bad part. This script is.... not the best. In fact at times the movie frustrated me with what I call inefficiency. This is when the characters or story line up in a way that raises questions in my mind like: "Why is it set here? Why did they say that line like that instead of another way." There are times where the characters are doing or saying something for no real reason. Questions get raised and instead of exploring them they are... never mentioned again. They'll drop information and you'll be like: "Why....?"

The dialog is shaky too. As evidenced by... well any scene not involving the leads who compensate for it by their acting. And the plot was predictable: however the way you went from point to point WAS surprising. Times when you expected something to happen as a throw away ended up going in another direction. And there were times of absolute suspense because you couldn't see any possible way for the plot to progress from here, yet it did... which was sometimes a bad thing because it became contrived.

The action was oddly cut at times, but the fights were great. Not the firefights (which were unrealistic), but the up close and personal fights were awesome, and real. There is an unrealistic sequence in a car toward the beginning that was very cool, and established the characters and the idea that they process information on another level. It pretty much does in a couple minutes all it needed to do.

But I think the good things were accidents. Because the bad things just stink of poor directing and writing. But they lucked out with Denzel and Reynolds. They lucked out with great fight choreographers, and they lucked out with the chaotic plot leading to a very good ending.

Oh yes, this movie, finally, satisfied me with the ending, not that it answered everything, just that it ended in the way it needed to.

But overall man this movie was just a joy to watch. Intense, good action, but mostly just to watch Denzel and Ryan together, I'd be interested to see them together again. Oh and there is a possibility for a sequel. Just throwin that out there.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #10317
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm trying to catch up on the Best Picture nominees. I watched Hugo last night and absolutely loved it.

The Tree of Life
Hugo
The Artist
Midnight in Paris
- Loved all of them. Among my favourites of the year as well and all good choices for Best Picture.

Moneyball
The Descendants
- Solid but nothing special to me. Both have very good acting performances at the core but nothing really "grabbed" me about them. I guess Moneyball was a good adaptation of a book that I thought would be really tough to adapt.

I still need to see The Help, War Horse and Incredibly Loud etc. and not really rushing to see them just yet. Just on the surface, those three appear to be the least appealing but who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #10318
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Moneyball
77/100
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #10319
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Descendants - 8.5/10

I thought it was fantastic. Clooney was spot on with the acting, superb performance. The entire story never had an epiphany or shock ending, but was interesting throughout. Was incredibly touching as well, will watch again soon!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #10320
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
The Descendants - 8.5/10

I thought it was fantastic. Clooney was spot on with the acting, superb performance. The entire story never had an epiphany or shock ending, but was interesting throughout. Was incredibly touching as well, will watch again soon!

I thought the movie was good as well. I'm not sure if I would watch it again though....

Anyone else having a hard time downloading movies off of sites like rapidshare and the like? Ever since that megaupload sh*t happen I can't find a single working link. Time to go back to torrents? In the meantime i will continue to use my gf's netflix account.

ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: