Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #10321
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

jack and jill - 4/10
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #10322
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
Was not disappointed, even though it was made in 1963.
What does that even mean?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #10323
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Take Shelter - 8/10

Michael Shannon is the reason i wanted to see this film, and he definitely didn't disappoint. The film does a great job of not being predictable and keeping you intrigue with the idea that this man is going crazy and there is little reason to believe otherwise; but that little reason is exactly what keeps you attached to his character and not want him to suffer the same fate his mother did. Definitely worth a watch for any apocalyptic 2012 junkies looking for a movie of that genre, except expect "Take Shelter" to make you question if your fear of this apocalypse is real or are you simply losing your grip on reality.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #10324
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

rush hour

on its own i would give it 6/10, but i'll go with 7/10 for nostalgia value.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #10325
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Grey - 6/10

This was completely different from what I expected. I like what they tried to do by making the film more about survival and emotions rather than just packing it with action, but they didn't pull it off that well. I was left wanting a lot more. The ending also sucked, no pay off what so ever.

The Artist - 9/10

My friend asked me to watch this at the cinema with him a while ago and I said no, simply because I didn't know if I had that patience for a silent film. Ignorant of me? Yes, but whatever.

I decided to watch it last night online and I was completely drawn in from the start. I thought it was absolutely great.

One review I have read, compares the transition of silent films to 'talkies' in The Artist, to the transition of modern day films to 3D films which is happening now. After watching the film, I can definitely agree with that.

I personally hate 3D and think it's f*cking ridiculous (I'm at the point now where I refuse to watch 3D films). So I guess I could sort of relate to Valentin who does not believe that 'talkies' will ever be successful. I see people flooding into 3D films just like Valentin saw people flooding into the 'talkies'.

I don't think we're quite at the point though where 3D films are going to completely take over normal films. They started creeping in slowly and now they're starting to get more popular, but like Valentin, eventually we're going to have to get used to the increased number of films that use 3D technology and accept it as the norm.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #10326
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Take Shelter - 8/10

Michael Shannon is the reason i wanted to see this film, and he definitely didn't disappoint. The film does a great job of not being predictable and keeping you intrigue with the idea that this man is going crazy and there is little reason to believe otherwise; but that little reason is exactly what keeps you attached to his character and not want him to suffer the same fate his mother did. Definitely worth a watch for any apocalyptic 2012 junkies looking for a movie of that genre, except expect "Take Shelter" to make you question if your fear of this apocalypse is real or are you simply losing your grip on reality.
I watched this a couple nights ago as well. I'd give it a 8/10, Shannon does a really great job in the movie and like you said it wasn't really predictable and didn't have the need to spoonfeed parts of the story to the viewers (such as the daughter's situation) to make things convenient to understand.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #10327
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Departures - 9/10

Really enjoyed this film and must have cried about three separate times during it, probably because after having lost a close love one myself, watching a movie like this has a personal impact on me. Happy to add it to my "Favorite Films" list.

The Godfather l & ll - 10/10 - Had only seen parts of the first film when i was much younger and didn't think much of it, so it was only right i gave it another shot now that i'm intelligent enough to understand it. What amazing films both of them are; i'm glad to now understand why they are both rated so high. It's such a trip seeing guys like Pacino and De Nero look as young as they were. I want to watch part three but am a bit fearful of disappoint.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #10328
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - A-/B+

solid movie. I like the editing, the soundtrack, the acting, and the story for the most part. It kind of meandered a bit at the end as I thought it was about done but then it went on for like another half hour. I get that its a book series but after they go on a bit it just stops. There were some very intense scenes and while its not the most brutal rape scene I have had the displeasure of watching in a film, its still pretty damn rough.

I enjoyed it on the whole and would see the sequel if it comes out. I'll get around to watching the Swedish version eventually.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #10329
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
The Artist - 9/10

My friend asked me to watch this at the cinema with him a while ago and I said no, simply because I didn't know if I had that patience for a silent film. Ignorant of me? Yes, but whatever.

Check out some Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd silent movies. Absolutely hilarious.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #10330
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Red State - It was a pretty good flick. Michael Parks was sick in it and pretty crazy as the Pastor. Another good flick from Kevin Smith.

Amelie - It was actually really cool. Not big in watching an entire movie in subtitles(as it was entirely french) but was really worth it. Nothing negative to say about it, loved all the characters. 8\10. Pretty sure I ended up watching it because somebody mentioned it in this thread, turns out it was a highly regarded film
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #10331
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Moneyball - 8/10

Finally got around to watching this, I honestly enjoyed it quite a bit.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #10332
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

I don't want to rate the movie The Help but I will say that it is a good movie. It definitely was touching. It made me physically sick that hellish life these black women lived. Racism is such a horrible thing.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #10333
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

50/50 - 8/10

Really good movie. I didn't expect it to be that emotional but it still had a light side to it. Joseph Gordon Levitt was really convincing and this was the first movie since the 40 Year Old Virgin which I liked Seth Rogen in. Bryce Dallas Howard is also gorgeous.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #10334
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yes Man
6/10 but Zooey Deschanel bumps it up to a 7.5. Watched a lot of movies past couple of weeks, but this girl made me write a review on ISH.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #10335
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3-Iron by Ki-duk Kim 8.4/10

Pretty unusual film, slow yet dynamic, with minimal dialogue and lots of conscious silence. Also weird a bit. Ofcourse absolutely beautiful pictures... Yes. Seemed longer than is. Good watch, if you want calm, estetic-looking, not-screaming type of movie.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: