Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #10351
sirkeelma
Local High School Star

sirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this board
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch

The Raid

10/10
Is it available in torrent?
sirkeelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #10352
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alright. Here we go.

The Descendants: 8/10- I was so ready to dump on this one. I really was. I felt it didn't know what it wanted to be. I can dig dramedy, but the laughs were played at odd times.

The dialogue was really weird too, the way characters interacted. I've never been to Hawaii, maybe that's how they talk there, but to me it was really weird. You have a ton of things going on in this movie, and often it felt like too much to work. But they were interesting enough to keep you in it. Good mystery work.

But the interesting thing is that it does work, it just takes until the final act to see everything. And when you get certain information, the revelation plays really well because it clears something up for you. It ALMOST makes up for it going on too long, which it does. But the ending is perfect.

Happy Feet 2: 5/10- This was a weird ass movie. Like I guess in retrospect the first Happy Feet was too. But this one gets extremely heavy handed with the weirdness.

Muble turns into a very boring character in this one. His kid doesn't take his place. In fact the whole plot wanders constantly, including a B-plot that involves characters that are doing something completely different than the main line. The A-plot WANTS to be about being accepted but then everyone HAS to do the same thing. It's weird, and I thought I was the only who noticed it but my gf saw it too. There is some seriously confusing stuff in the B-plot including: existential philosophies, homosexuality, and individuality. The story of this movie is almost too weird to describe, I have no idea what the script writers were thinking about. Actually no, they were thinking: "we need more drugs."

NOW, the animation is off the charts! As good as the first in that department. The music is nice, and there is a number at the end that Mumble's kid sings that is pretty awesome and powerful in that moment actually. But it doesn't make up for a wandering plot. Rent for a buck? Got kids and want a movie you can both sit through? Sure. But don't expect it to live up to it's predecessor.

Special: 5/10- This was opposite of The Descendents. I was ready to heap praise over everything. The premise was promising:

The twist was predictable. Which is fine, that was the idea I think, but from there they didn't handle it well. The movie jumped from one theme to another after the reveal. That's a problem. At first a little one, but then it became a big one. I can't tell you much, but at the end they bring back to original theme, and that's where my problem comes from. Had they stuck to the original thread, they would have made a great movie. They framed the real world in comic book standards, and that original theme would have made me come on here and recommend you all to see it immediately.

It didn't. I don't. If you have Netflix you could spend an hour and a half in worse ways, but far better ones too.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:28 AM   #10353
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tombstone - 10/10

Val Kilmer is so bad ass in this movie.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:28 AM   #10354
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

21 Jump Street - 8/10

One of the funniest films I've seen in a long time. The cinema was pretty full and the film had everyone laughing all the way through.

I loved some of the dialogue, which made fun of the film and the original series. Although, in a crowd full of 15-18 year olds, I found myself being the only one laughing at those times. (I'm only 21 and only seen bits of the original, but it's enough to hate on the younger kids!)

Overall, great film.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #10355
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
21 Jump Street - 8/10

One of the funniest films I've seen in a long time. The cinema was pretty full and the film had everyone laughing all the way through.

I loved some of the dialogue, which made fun of the film and the original series. Although, in a crowd full of 15-18 year olds, I found myself being the only one laughing at those times. (I'm only 21 and only seen bits of the original, but it's enough to hate on the younger kids!)

Overall, great film.

I understand what you mean. In a full theater, only myself and a few others in the crowd laughed at (spoiler in white) the joke about rebooting a program from the 80s because they are not creative enough to come up with an original idea. I'm thinking most of the crowd didn't know that there was a TV show in the 80s.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #10356
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Seriously where can I watch the raid???? That trailer looks insane
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #10357
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Joe Dirt 9/10
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #10358
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

War Horse. Manly Tears Were Shed.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #10359
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just watched episode 3 of season 2 of Luther and holy shit. That was the craziest shit ever.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #10360
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Just watched episode 3 of season 2 of Luther and holy shit. That was the craziest shit ever.
What was it exactly? You made me to google that show but I'm still on decision to watch or not.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #10361
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
What was it exactly? You made me to google that show but I'm still on decision to watch or not.

A killer went into an upscale office building and started smashing heads in with a hammer. It was one of the wildest scenes I have ever seen.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #10362
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS

Watch it. That show rules.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #10363
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I know a lot of you torrent stuff, so I figured I'd let you know, that "Nun With A Shotgun" movie or whatever it is that sounds like a hey let's drink a sixer/spark a blunt time waster, DON'T TOUCH IT. It's financed specifically to try and bring lawsuits against torrenters.

Where'd your read that? Seems kinda interesting.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #10364
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

what happened to op? does he still post here?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #10365
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

That show gets real real quick. It's awesome.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: