Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #10426
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Chronicle - 7.5/10

Saw this last week with my brother for the second time. It really wasnt as enjoyable or captivating as the first time.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #10427
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

HUNGER GAMES - 7.5 out of 10

A very suspenseful movie! Thought only it could have been executed better.... Battle Royale is an example of my type of a better execution of a similar movie...

Last edited by pauk : 04-12-2012 at 06:24 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #10428
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Fly (1958) 7/10
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #10429
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

9/10

Loved this film. I'm not even a fan of baseball.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #10430
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shame - 8.9

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #10431
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy 4/10. Super boring. That is a rare reason for me to not like a movie. I can usually put up with slow dramas, but but there is no emotion behind any of the characters that drew me in like there is with other slow dramas. Only reason I didn't rate it lower is because I appreciate the cinematography/make up/soundtrack/etc. Shame too, because I really wanted to like this movie and was excited to see it based on its reviews, cast, and trailer.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:52 AM   #10432
Myth

Creature from the Black Lagoon 6/10
Old 04-14-2012, 03:00 AM   #10433
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Descendants - 6.5/10

Solid movie and great acting by George Clooney. No real redeeming qualities though, definitely worth a watch.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #10434
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

The Cabin in the Woods. Wow. This movie was awesome. It is just exactly what it needed to be. Funny, interesting, and entertaining. I really like the where this movie went. It's original and has a cool story.

9/10.

This movie will surprise a lot of people. It looks terrible. I was shocked that this movie was actually as good as it was.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #10435
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr
The Grey. great movie. I would rather die in the plane crash, then get attacked by the wolves. Ending was good also. Loved the last song at the end. Been listening to it, for the past 30 minutes.
What's that song?

I went to this movie and left severely disappointed. Don't remember did I rank it or not, but to me it looked an unfinished product. In order to not be the old boring man vs wolves, they tried put some psychology in it, some survival and then some realism (dying), but for some reason I think it's on par with Anaconda or Giant Crocodile or any of that sort. Just not put together for my taste. Plz post song still
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #10436
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
The Cabin in the Woods. Wow. This movie was awesome. It is just exactly what it needed to be. Funny, interesting, and entertaining. I really like the where this movie went. It's original and has a cool story.

9/10.

This movie will surprise a lot of people. It looks terrible. I was shocked that this movie was actually as good as it was.

Joss Whedon doesn't disappoint.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #10437
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
What's that song?

I went to this movie and left severely disappointed. Don't remember did I rank it or not, but to me it looked an unfinished product. In order to not be the old boring man vs wolves, they tried put some psychology in it, some survival and then some realism (dying), but for some reason I think it's on par with Anaconda or Giant Crocodile or any of that sort. Just not put together for my taste. Plz post song still
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQbmjpwAeNU&feature=my_liked_videos&list=L LFsYghPfAv4d9LYlSOtBQww

There was a tiny scene after the credits..

song's so good. love the piano bit
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #10438
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend

just saw the raid

sickest choreography ever...

9.2/10 !

Saw this last night. Completely agree with this score. Low 90s for me too.

This is a good example of a movie deciding what it wants to be and being it. I could complain about the lack of, or really non-existence, of any character depth. Or the incredibly minimal story arc. But rather than tack on bullshit versions of those things because some hollywood development team thinks they're gonna need it, this Japanese production is allowed to just be what it is. A very simply laid out excuse to go through floor after floor after floor of exquisitely choreographed, and in my view even more importantly, superbly filmed Kung Fu. There's plenty of wide angle work here that lets the audience actually see the incredible work being done. As opposed to the american tendency to chop action sequences up into an incomprehensible montage of sweaty intense faced close ups and gaffer work so it "feels" fast.

They just don't often make stuff like this anymore. It was refreshing in a nostalgic kind of a way.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #10439
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

21 Jump Street

8/10

The two guys in it have pretty good chemistry together. It's a by the numbers, predictable story, but it's very funny, so it gets a pass.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #10440
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Bully

Not a bad film. One negative about it is there wasn't much depth into the mind of the anatagonist (bully) and more into the protagonist (bullee).

4/5
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: