Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #10456
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuppersGB

WOW!
As an military nerd, and British Army reservist, I'm one of those guys who watches war films and says "that what never happen.." "why is he not reloading..." "my god this is stupid, that would never happen etc etc"
This film (though also, arguably, documentary/recruitment movie) gave me a f@cking hard on.
The selling point of the film is the fact that it is serving SEALs and SWCCs doing the action, so you know the drills are going to be sh!t hot and the acting rigid, and it is.
But my god is it seriously cool, they invariably use live ammunition during the filming, trust me you can tell. All the kit they use is insane. There are elements of US Navy piloting that my housemate(a current pilot, and a hopeful future military pilot) that he said was about as complex and difficult as it got, and these guys are doing sidewards....

If you like war films/online gaming/are in the military go watch it
Acting 1/10
Story 3/10
Action off-the-chain
Overall 8-8.5/10
What a god awful movie that was. Such an overkill in propaganda, but some scenes were just flat out wrong.. Bunch of high equipped army people headshotting random guys, and even girl once. It's just inhumane...
Play COD and you'd learn just as much as from this movie. NOTHING... And it's on Top Gun's level of corny. This movie should have never been released...

I give 3/10 because to film that many equipment must have cost some.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #10457
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

intriguing, deep story. acting on the highest level imaginable. powerful pictures, great sound, amazing effects! and it has some good looking women in it.

10/10
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #10458
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13

intriguing, deep story. acting on the highest level imaginable. powerful pictures, great sound, amazing effects! and it has some good looking women in it.

10/10

I gotta disagree with you there.. No way I give it more than a 9.. It was surely quality work but the end was just too pretentious and self indulgent for my taste.. The camera work was intriguing tho, I gotta give it that.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #10459
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mesrine Part 1: Killer Instinct 8.5/10

Excited to watch part 2, probably today.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #10460
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mesrine Part 2: Public Enemy #1 8.5/10
Old 04-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #10461
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I must've been sleeping under a rock since today was the first I've ever heard of Cabin in the Woods (during the NBA games). I looked it up and saw that Joss Whedon and Drew Goodard wrote it which is a huge WIN imo.

But then I noticed that Goodard directed the film, which is his directorial debut so I was a bit skeptical. So I rushed to Bloody Disgusting (I don't like horror movie reviews from regular sites) and they were foaming at the mouth, giving it very high praise... I am sold.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:04 AM   #10462
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I must've been sleeping under a rock since today was the first I've ever heard of Cabin in the Woods (during the NBA games). I looked it up and saw that Joss Whedon and Drew Goodard wrote it which is a huge WIN imo.

But then I noticed that Goodard directed the film, which is his directorial debut so I was a bit skeptical. So I rushed to Bloody Disgusting (I don't like horror movie reviews from regular sites) and they were foaming at the mouth, giving it very high praise... I am sold.

As you can see above, several posters here have liked it as well.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #10463
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I gotta disagree with you there.. No way I give it more than a 9.. It was surely quality work but the end was just too pretentious and self indulgent for my taste.. The camera work was intriguing tho, I gotta give it that.

DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #10464
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Super 8

8/10 Good campy fun.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #10465
Myth

Retroactive 6.5/10 (enjoyable, but flawed time travel movie with Jim Belushi).
Old 04-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #10466
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know how to describe the awesome display of shittyness this movie is. But, I sat through the entire thing, somewhat entertained.

Well... not really, it was like watching a car wreck.

4/10

I think I was more intrigued with the concept of the cover up and the plans to survive than anything. I am however interested in a part 2 if it does get made, I wanna see how their version of the post-apocalypse will be.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #10467
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Wrath of the Titans: 6.5/10
-Fun popcorn flick with amazing visuals and fight scenes. Not memorable but a fun way to kill some time.

Lockout: 7/10
-Con Air in space. Surprisingly funny and just a great job by Guy Pearce. Watch it for him alone.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #10468
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

God Bless America - 1/10

pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #10469
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

has any one seen birth of a nation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_a_Nation
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #10470
Myth

Wet Hot American Summer 6/10
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: