Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-22-2012, 06:44 AM   #10471
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Watched Soul Plane on 4/20 with a group of people. I remember it being hilarious back when I was in high school, but now I just think it's terrible.

7/10 for the concept and the effort

3/10 for the amount of actual funny moments
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #10472
ROCSteady
#BeatDemBoyz HTTR

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
has any one seen birth of a nation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_a_Nation

I saw it in one of my history courses couple years back.

Some startling imagery and provocative themes.

It was very important for the history of American film and the ensuing use of propaganda in America that wasn't previously perceived by the pulse of our country as it relates to political statement.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #10473
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ironman 2

8/10

I wish the final fight scene was much longer.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #10474
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Ironman 2

8/10

I wish the final fight scene was much longer.

I'm not a fan of long drawn out final fight scenes, they do my head in. the one exception i have is LOTR and Boromir.

in my view the best 'end-of-film-boss-fight-scene' is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcs2En6tGRw how its should be
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #10475
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Revenge of the Nerds: 8/10. I thought it was very funny and it definitely surprised me for being an older movie.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #10476
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A bunch.

Badlands - 75%. For a supposed classic this fell short, didn't enjoy Sheen, it just wasn't that good.

The Last Picture Show: 95%. Awesome, genuine, heartbreaking film.

Lone Star: 80%. Chris Cooper is one of my favorite actors, but nothing special here. Good not great. Saw the supposed twist coming a mile away.

One False Move: 70%. RT thought a lot of it, but I sure didn't.

Croupier: 70%. Same as above.

Headhunters: This is a Norweigan movie I believe, turned out to be worth the watch. 85%.

The Magnificent Seven: Despite an all-star cast, the plot is way too straightforward and the action is wayyyy too dated. Hardly finished it. 60%.

The International: Decent suspense flick. 70%.

The Taking of Pelham 123 (original): 85%.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #10477
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No Country For Old Men: 7.5/10

Thought it was pretty good, but nothing amazing, which I did kind of expect so in a way it was a bit of a let down.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #10478
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
The Cabin in the Woods. Wow. This movie was awesome. It is just exactly what it needed to be. Funny, interesting, and entertaining. I really like the where this movie went. It's original and has a cool story.

9/10.

This movie will surprise a lot of people. It looks terrible. I was shocked that this movie was actually as good as it was.
AWESOME FLICK! Not anything that I imagined. It deserves its own thread!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #10479
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
AWESOME FLICK! Not anything that I imagined. It deserves its own thread!

Yeah, I'm blanking on a lot of movies I've seen this year, but likely my favorite of the year (barely in front of 21 Jump Street).

Time Bandits 8/10
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #10480
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Visitors 8.5/10

This movie had me cracking up.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #10481
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Lawrence of Arabia, 10 of 10!

Last edited by pauk : 04-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #10482
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Just got home from cinema, watched Cabin in the Woods.........

This is easily one of the best horror movies ive seen in many many years.... absolutely awesome, dont want to spoil, but i highly recommend for any of you to see it!

9 of 10!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #10483
pauk
NBA Legend

8 of 10

Liked it! Pretty original superhero movie
Old 05-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #10484
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Avengers - 8.5/10
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #10485
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Descendants 9/10. Alexander Payne's films are understated masterpieces and this one doesn't stray from that pattern.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: