Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #10561
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Haywire 4/10 (very disappointing)
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #10562
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

MI 4 Ghost Protocol - 9/10 - very fun fast paced action movie

very christmas Harold Kumar - 7/10 - kinda boring tbh and very random, not much toking
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #10563
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Batman Begins - 8.75/10

The Incredible Hulk - 7.0/10

Last edited by D-Wade316 : 05-18-2012 at 09:05 AM.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #10564
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 is considered somewhat coolsick_brah07 is considered somewhat cool

half of the AVENGERS so far 8/10
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #10565
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Post Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Half Nelson

7.5/10

Solid movie. Goslin was good and the movie was pretty well crafted but the story was kind of stagnant. It was difficult to actually invest emotionally in the characters.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #10566
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Half Nelson

7.5/10

Solid movie. Goslin was good and the movie was pretty well crafted but the story was kind of stagnant. It was difficult to actually invest emotionally in the characters.

Agree with the rating, I loved the soundtrack though (Broken Social Scene did the entire thing I think).
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #10567
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Last night i saw The Avengers for the second time and feel pretty comfortable with rating it an 8/10. How anyone can say they know good movies and still go above that is beyond me. Watching it for the second time allowed me to notice one thing i didn't notice the first time; the movie is about 75% action. There is very little suspense, story, and dialog occurring that isn't apart of the action scenes. Where 'The Avengers' earns its worth is with the action, especially the work done with The Hulk.

I think the story/movie was executed as best as anyone could hope for, as it was just long enough to tell the little story it had (and not much more story was necessary) and showcase action. And when it comes to the action, there was a great balance that allowed more than just the Avengers to shine, but even supporting characters like Fury, Coulson, Hill, and even while he appeared too weak to some, i thought Loki was portrayed well as young, naive, and still not sure about why he's filled with all this new found hate. I expect him to appear more formidable in future films.

I have very little to complain about with the movie, because i understand what it's supposed to be; but that doesn't mean its an all-time great film. It's a fun movie, but not a great film. Far too thin and basic to be that. But to truly see why the Avengers shine one should watch X-Men First Class. Everything The Avengers got right is also everything First Class (along with every X movie) got terribly wrong. But i won't turn this into a First Class bash (i've done plenty of that). But when The Avengers was getting rave reviews before its official release, i was pessimistic as i saw the same hype and reviews for First Class, which turned out to be pretty mediocre. I'm happy to say The Avengers deserves its hype, even if it is overrated by most.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #10568
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You are the final authority on movies.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #10569
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Last night i saw The Avengers for the second time and feel pretty comfortable with rating it an 8/10. How anyone can say they know good movies and still go above that is beyond me. Watching it for the second time allowed me to notice one thing i didn't notice the first time; the movie is about 75% action. There is very little suspense, story, and dialog occurring that isn't apart of the action scenes. Where 'The Avengers' earns its worth is with the action, especially the work done with The Hulk.

I think the story/movie was executed as best as anyone could hope for, as it was just long enough to tell the little story it had (and not much more story was necessary) and showcase action. And when it comes to the action, there was a great balance that allowed more than just the Avengers to shine, but even supporting characters like Fury, Coulson, Hill, and even while he appeared too weak to some, i thought Loki was portrayed well as young, naive, and still not sure about why he's filled with all this new found hate. I expect him to appear more formidable in future films.

I have very little to complain about with the movie, because i understand what it's supposed to be; but that doesn't mean its an all-time great film. It's a fun movie, but not a great film. Far too thin and basic to be that. But to truly see why the Avengers shine one should watch X-Men First Class. Everything The Avengers got right is also everything First Class (along with every X movie) got terribly wrong. But i won't turn this into a First Class bash (i've done plenty of that). But when The Avengers was getting rave reviews before its official release, i was pessimistic as i saw the same hype and reviews for First Class, which turned out to be pretty mediocre. I'm happy to say The Avengers deserves its hype, even if it is overrated by most.

Joss Wheden has said his original cut was 3 hours long and most of what was lost was the dialogue, story, and characterization that occurred outside of the main action you seem to miss.

Perhaps a directors cut will be released on BluRay?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #10570
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Joss Wheden has said his original cut was 3 hours long and most of what was lost was the dialogue, story, and characterization that occurred outside of the main action you seem to miss.

Perhaps a directors cut will be released on BluRay?
Id love to see the 3 hour version..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #10571
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

rewatched Big Fan today

what a depressing, realistic character profile. Portrays a self deluded loser and the religious zeal of sports fans

patton oswalt is really a under utilized actor puts in a great astute performance

8/10

Last edited by heyhey : 05-19-2012 at 12:00 AM.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #10572
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
rewatched Big Fan today

what a depressing, realistic character profile. Portrays a self deluded loser and the religious zeal of sports fans

patton oswalt is really a under utilized actor puts in a great astute performance

8/10

Have you seen Young Adult? He's supposed to be amazing in that.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #10573
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Have you seen Young Adult? He's supposed to be amazing in that.

I been meaning to check it out. it was written by the person that wrote juno. I'm usually a big sucker for coming of age films so i'll prolly like it
Old 05-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #10574
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
I been meaning to check it out. it was written by the person that wrote juno. I'm usually a big sucker for coming of age films so i'll prolly like it

I haven't seen it, but I've heard it's insanely depressing.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #10575
heyhey
stay mad golden state

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I haven't seen it, but I've heard it's insanely depressing.

just rewatched the trailer, yea I can definitely see it being depressing.

Big Fan was pretty depressing too. not in a melodramatic way, but just how bleak and misguided the main character's life was

some other films I saw recently are:

The Skin I live in: Spanish horror film. of the spanish movies I seen I feel like I liked all of them and this one was also quite good. story was a bit convoluted and I had to rewatch scenes to actually understand what was happening. 7/10

Avengers: Surprised it broke all those records I have to say. I enjoyed it and I guess it will appeal to a broad spectrum of people so it's a good party film and will have a lot of repeat viewing. but wouldn't have guessed it would be so popular 7.5/10
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: