Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #10576
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I just watched El Mariachi last night. It was Robert's Rodriguez first movie. It only costs $7,000 dollars. I am also planning to direct my first low budget movie.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #10577
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Star Trek (2009)
9/10

Never in my years of life, would I have ever thought that a Star Trek film or TV show would entertain me, but this one did it. First scene starts out with action, flashbacks continue the action, and even when characters are being introduced to each other, it's backed up with action.

The main bad guy's character development could have been a bit more fleshed out, but the movie is beautiful to look at, with new faces doing great tributes to the original cast, but with their own spin on it (Zachery Quinto as Spock stole the show for me).

Be warned, if you're a Fan of those "philisophical" type Star Treks, this might not be the movie for you. No long council scenes, or taking the entire episode to decide rather or not to fire a torpedo in this flick, lol.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #10578
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Detachment. Really good movie, loved the way it was filmed. Adrien Brody gives a pretty good performance. Really depressing movie but it seemed really real for the most part.

Directed by Tony Kaye too. First movie I've seen of his since he went full on douche bag after American History X. Really sucks that all that shit happened because he seems like a pretty talented director just let his ego ruin his career, well unless he turns things around down the road.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #10579
jaydacris
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator

2004 movie about a future earth and the lives of cloned humans. 9/10

the island trivia

Quote:
Some Hollywood actresses are cautious about revealing too much skin but 20-year-old Scarlett Johansson had to be persuaded to keep her underwear on, said her director in The Island, Michael Bay.

Speaking before the New York premiere of the thriller, which stars Johansson and Ewan McGregor as human clones on the run, Bay said he was prepared for the usual actress nerves when it came to shooting a love scene between the two leads.

"We're ready to go and of course the actress is not there," he told reporters. He said he was summoned to Johansson's trailer, expecting to have to reassure the star of Lost in Translation that her privacy and dignity would be protected.

"She's standing there and she says, 'I'm not wearing this cheap ... bra. I'm going naked,' " Bay said.

"I said, 'It's PG-13, you have to wear the bra.' "

Bay describes The Island - which carries a PG-13 rating, meaning it is suitable for children with parental guidance - as a summer "popcorn movie", though the plot raises important ethical issues about science and the morality of cloning.

The film by the director of Armageddon and The Rock is a change of direction for Johansson who has played a string of critically acclaimed roles in films such as Girl With a Pearl Earring and In Good Company

michael bay... you gay?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #10580
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Have you seen Young Adult? He's supposed to be amazing in that.

I've seen it. It's a solid movie but slightly depressing. Charlize Theron did an amazing job in that film. Patton was good too, but his role wasn't anywhere near as big.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #10581
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
the island trivia

michael bay... you gay?

He should have let her go topless and then after a bit, say "hmmm... on second thought, this needs to be PG-13." Gets him a nice little peak and keeps his PG-13 rating. Win-win situation if you ask me.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #10582
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Are Descendants and Extremely Loud Incredibly Close worth watching? What else do I have to watch that I have to see at least once?
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #10583
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Are Descendants and Extremely Loud Incredibly Close worth watching? What else do I have to watch that I have to see at least once?

I didn't enjoy this one much. Basically a personality piece about a kid. I went in expecting some sci fi or adventure, but its not that at all. Not to mention i find the kid's personality pretty annoying; he's like a mini-PG version of Daniel Tosh.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #10584
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge

I liked Descendants. Thought it was well done and worth a watch. Didn't really interest me at first so held off for awhile. Wasn't great or anything in my opinion but solid movie non the less.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #10585
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Have you seen Young Adult? He's supposed to be amazing in that.

He was pretty good in that. It was a strange flick. It's kind of funny in a sick way but the main character is such a bitch its really hard to pull for her.

I'd give Young Adult a solid B.

also, if you like PO, check him out in United States of Tara.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #10586
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I liked Descendants. Thought it was well done and worth a watch. Didn't really interest me at first so held off for awhile. Wasn't great or anything in my opinion but solid movie non the less.

I thought it was terrific. Alexander Payne is a master of the understated. All of the performances were so real and believable.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #10587
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I thought it was terrific. Alexander Payne is a master of the understated. All of the performances were so real and believable.

It did have some good performances. Clooney was pretty believable as was the teenage daughter. Cool seing a Matt Lillard sighting in that kinda film too. Just wasn't terrific in my mind. I think I gave it a 7 on IMDB. No idea what I'd give it on ISH as I'm brutal at making up ratings out of thin air such as 7.5\8.5 like I've done before
Old 05-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #10588
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
It did have some good performances. Clooney was pretty believable as was the teenage daughter. Cool seing a Matt Lillard sighting in that kinda film too. Just wasn't terrific in my mind. I think I gave it a 7 on IMDB. No idea what I'd give it on ISH as I'm brutal at making up ratings out of thin air such as 7.5\8.5 like I've done before
the daughter is actually from The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #10589
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
the island trivia

michael bay... you gay?
That son of a bitch.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #10590
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Tried to watch Red Tails today. Honestly I did. This movie is so sad I wanted to die. 5 mins in I wanted to end it, but I waited until 20 mins where I said WHAT THE **** WHO THE **** DIRECTED THIS PIECE OF ****ING SHIT I WANT TO BREAK MY TV.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: