Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #10681
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Memento

One of the most creative stories i've ever heard of. I can't find a flaw worth pointing out with this film. I had never seen it before a few days ago and glad i finally have. Definitely a must-watch movie any movie-lover.
8.5/10
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #10682
D-Rose

Brave - 7/10. Could have been a little better storyline, but overall another enjoyable pixar flick.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #10683
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot

Memento

One of the most creative stories i've ever heard of. I can't find a flaw worth pointing out with this film. I had never seen it before a few days ago and glad i finally have. Definitely a must-watch movie any movie-lover.
8.5/10

If you couldn't find a flaw, why isn't it a 10/10
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #10684
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
If you couldn't find a flaw, why isn't it a 10/10

Simply because it executed its own story well doesn't mean it left me with the impression of being one of the greatest films i ever saw. It's a creative film that doesn't try too hard to go beyond it's own story.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #10685
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Brave - 7/10. Could have been a little better storyline, but overall another enjoyable pixar flick.

That is a fair assessment. I was surprised how entertained I was.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #10686
vinsane01
National High School Star

Anyone here saw Coriolanus? I found it unbearable to watch and stopped 15 minutes in. I never read any Shakespeare though so i dont have enough experience reading old English dialogues. This movie would only appeal to certain demographic or maybe i just didnt give enough time or concentration to try to understand the dialogues. Maybe i'll try watching it again but for the meantime, i say only shakepeare enthusiasts would probably find this movie interesting.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #10687
D-Wade316
F***

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - 10/10

Juno - 9/10
Mark's attraction to Juno was creepy as shit.

Last edited by D-Wade316 : 06-24-2012 at 01:39 AM.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:00 AM   #10688
JustinJDW

The Italian Job - 6/10
Scale where 5 is completely average.

Nice little heist movie. Very cool cast. Charlize Theron is fine as always. Ending could have been a little bit less cheesy and corny, but eh. Still cool.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #10689
irondarts

Wonderful film, really one of the better films I've seen lately.

9/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #10690
Stuckey
ifirtworld

City Island - 7.5/10 - i was pleasantly surprised at how much i enjoyed this film

Cincinnati kid - 8/10 - pretty good no where close to Rounders
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #10691
irondarts

Classic.

10/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:18 AM   #10692
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

I'm gonna rank what I saw in descending order of greatness from what I saw during this movie going experience.

Brave: 7/10- A solid Pixar film. Now a solid film from them is well above average, and this is no different. While the plot was soiled a little bit by the magic element in my opinion, it was still able to create a good sense of character. Because of this you feel a good bit for the characters involved.

I wish they'd have explored the mythos of the region a little more. They mention it and it plays a bit of a role but it would have been cool if they delved deeper into it.

Visually, this movie stands above even some of Pixar's other films. Although the crispness led to some very blurry motion shots.

All in all very enjoyable. A solid recommendation.

Wreck It Ralph Trailer: 10/10- Barring some writing disaster or something there is no way this movie isn't at the least very good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfjEwDQI4JA

La Luna: 12/10- I'd have to see the other ones again but this is easily one of the top-3 Pixar shorts ever made. Maybe the best. It blew me away, and it was what my gf and I talked about most after everything was done.

Last edited by Timmy D for MVP : 06-25-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #10693
ukplayer4
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

Wonderful film, really one of the better films I've seen lately.

9/10

well done. more should see it, the best american film in years imo.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #10694
JustinJDW

Ratings on a scale of 1-10 where 5 is completely average.

Exit Humanity - 5.4/10

This is some straight to D.V.D that actually had a very interesting concept. Its a spin on a zombie apocalypse, but during the Civil War. Its not what you think however, because the execution of it is actually very similar to the Walking Dead. The perspective the viewer and the characters are all done on a very local scale, which is in the woods of Tennessee. You have no idea how the zombie virus is affecting the rest of the world. An obvious negative point about this movie is its low budget. However, after viewing the behind the scenes cuts, its actually pretty amazing the things that crew accomplished with their budget, especially since about 80% of the movie is filmed outside in cold, rainy and shit weather. The zombies looked pretty legit as well. Dark black demon eyes and whatnot.

I consider the movie to be slightly better than average, but I honestly think that's a success considering the plot and rather large magnitude of the script, that was tackled with that budget. Two great things about this movie though. One, the art direction is absolutely fantastic. They have little animated like motion comics that are cut in every so often in the film, and it actually blends in really well. The second is Brian Cox's narration throughout the whole movie. Yes, that Brian Cox, and his kick ass voice really served the script well. The film its divided into seven chapters, which the viewer may or may not like. It actually felt a lot like I was watching a Season of a show, rather than a movie, but I don't consider that a negative point at all.

The acting was solid. The lead was actually extremely good, and the main antagonist held his own. The rest of the supporting cast was meh. Music was pretty good. Worse thing is probably the cause of the virus. In most zombie flicks, sagas or shows, I always thought it was better if the cause of the virus isn't revealed. This is mostly because there's almost no way it could be presented without it being a disappointment. The mystery of a zombie virus and its creation almost always serves well and compliments the show or film. In this film, the reason for the virus is just very underwhelming, and I guess I'll just keep it at that. Long story short, for a low budget indie like film, its pretty good. In the grand scale of movies, its only slightly better than average. If you ever come across this flick anywhere, I would recommend a viewing if you like the Walking Dead show. It very much has the same vibe and atmosphere, just with a different timeline and obviously a much lower budget.

Eden Lake - 8.2/10

Long story short, this is definitely one of the best horror films I've personally seen in years. Think the "Last House on the Left", but the good one. The 1972 version. Michael Fassbender is in this, right before he blows up in Hollywood. Its extremely brutal and gory, and I don't think I can stress that enough. More than once did I actually jump out of my chair and go "Holy shit!" Lots of blood, lots of dirt, lots of shit (literally), lots of violence, pain and deaths. I mean it, lots of brutal surprising deaths. Movie doesn't hold back any punches, and it doesn't hesitate. The acting is terrific. Kelly Reilly did an amazing job. By the end of the movie, she's basically covered in pure filth from head to toe.

Directing is fantastic. Script is great. Many twists and surprises at every turn, especially the final twist. Didn't see it coming at all, and its pretty daring and bold. It might even upset you. It did for me. The performances from the kids, (the villains) were pretty good. Only thing about this movie is that it might need you to suspend your belief juuuuuuust a little bit. That's all. The first confrontation with the couple and kids makes you think what you would have done if you were in they're situation. I would have never let it escalate to the point it did. Personally, after the kid called Fassbender's girlfriend a bitch, I would have just simply caved that little shit's chest it, and watch him damn near cough out his heart. Would loved to see what would have happened after that. If Fassbender didn't act like such a bitch in the beginning, and let himself get punked by a bunch of 15-year olds and a dog, shit could have been avoided. They wouldn't have kept ****ing with them, and then eventually start stealing their shit, then they're car keys, and then it wouldn't have set off a chain reaction. Because once the line got crossed, once they went past the point of no return, then shit really got real. Like for real.

Anyways, really good movie. Sucks you in right when it picks up, and it doesn't let go. You really cheer and root for the girl to survive. See it.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #10695
ZeN

Jeff Who Lives At Home - 7.5 /10

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: