Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #10711
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
3:10 to Yuma.... 9 of 10... Best Western ive seen after 1992 (Unforgiven)

You should watch the Proposition with Guy Pearce. It owns 3:10 to Yuma IMO.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #10712
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Westerns since 1992 that are better than 3:10 to Yuma

The Proposition
The Good, The Bad, and The Weird
Open Range
There Will Be Blood (if you count that as a western)
Wild Wild West. just kidding.
Tombstone

I started watching True Grit yesterday, but got interrupted and will finish it tonight.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #10713
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

9/10

Sheesh, this is one of the most intense films I've ever seen. Can't believe I hadn't seen this film until now. Really, really good.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #10714
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

9/10

Sheesh, this is one of the most intense films I've ever seen. Can't believe I hadn't seen this film until now. Really, really good.

Yup, perfect way to describe it. It's crazy that it starts out so care free and innocent with a wedding, buddies hanging out in their hometown, etc then without warning all of a sudden they're playing Russian Roulette with some crazy Viet Cong dude screaming 'didi mao!"

Great film with some all time greats- Deniro, Streep, Walken, Cazale (too bad he died so young, every movie he was in was a classic).
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #10715
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thor 6/10

nothing special but it wasnt bad.

Memento 10/10

Fascinating movie. Interesting storytelling and great tidbits in the dialogue about persception and memory.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #10716
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Safe House: 5/10
-Paint by #s action flick which is predictable throughout. A few cool scenes and Reynolds/Denzel are fun to watch, but you know how it ends before the first scene is done.

The Grey: 6.5/10
-Character driven + philosophical for a survival flick. Liam Neeson is truly on point. Really great atmosphere throughout and some good supporting acting. The wolves look good but relies on jump scares to inject life into scenes. No real climax hurts the film, intriguing ending.

Sherlocke Holmes Game of Shadows: 8/10
-Period piece buddy action/adventure with great acting from every level. The movie is long, over two hours, but so enjoyable that even goes by too fast. Cannot say enough good things.

I Am Number Four: 7/10
-If Michael Bay wrote Twilight. Really cool action scenes, low to no characterization, but great effects and pacing. Based on a book series so ending is appropriately climatic and leading. I am a sucker for entertaining if mindless action flicks (especially ones with Billy Bob Thorton) so my personal rating is 7/10, most people will have this closer to a 6 or a 5/10.

Breaking Bad Season 4: 9/10
-Not a movie, just a damn good TV series. Catching up for the opening to season five here soon.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #10717
Myth

True Grit 7.5/10

Ricky-Oh: The Story of Ricky 6.5/10

Tucker & Dale Vs Evil (re-watched) 8.5/10
Old 07-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #10718
DurantFor40
Banned

DurantFor40 is a pretty well-respected posterDurantFor40 is a pretty well-respected posterDurantFor40 is a pretty well-respected posterDurantFor40 is a pretty well-respected poster

Jack n Jill. 0/10.
DurantFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #10719
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Boogie Nights: 7.5/10

I didn't mind the first 3/4 of the movie but I thought the last quarter when everything started going downhill was excellent.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #10720
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

True Grit - B-/C+

Solid film but I don't get why so many had a hard on over it when it was in theaters. I would place it about equal with John Wayne version. I would see the sequel if they remade that too though.

Ted - B+/B

I went in with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. The jokes are hit and miss but I laughed more often than not. The plot is predictable and its obvoiusly a McFarlane product. I don't know how it would stand up to repeated viewings b/c many of the best lines were funny more for their shock value. Overall a solid R rated comedy.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #10721
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
You should watch the Proposition with Guy Pearce. It owns 3:10 to Yuma IMO.

agreed
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #10722
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

The Raid: Redemption
Not bad, could have ended sooner though, the last 10-20 minutes of fighting could have been axed.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #10723
Myth

Everything Must Go 6.5/10

2010: The Year We Made Contact 7/10
Old 07-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #10724
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I rewatched First Class last night and for the most part stand by my stance of it being overrated, but a 7 is a good score for it. It's not awful, and it's not mediocre, but its average. If i have to judge it from different perspectives;

As an X-Men movie based from the comics: Mediocre. The couldn't give a damn about continuity. C'mon, Darwin dies?

As an X-Men movie based in its own universe:
Good. Its decent enough to establish a base for future movies to follow this one. But if they do another origin movie and pretend like this one never happened, then this one was just a big waste of time. But if we get about two or three more films that come out of this one it can end up being a pretty good series.

As a standalone movie:
Average. Too many plot holes and lack of depth to be considered good.

Plot Holes
If Shaw has a thing for recruiting powerful mutants, how did he and Magneto end up in each other's rear view? The Nazis lost the war, but what exactly did that have to do with Shaw seemingly ditching this very powerful mutant child (whom-despite having killed his mother in front of him, could have groomed him to be an ally - after very least through brain washing) after going through such lengths to unlock the child's gifts?

Why is there such confusion between Mystique and Prof X's feelings for one another despite them having grown up together. Prof X is basically a college grad yet the way the two interact almost seems like they've only recently just become acquainted with one another. Mystique clearly has feelings for X yet despite him being somewhat of a flirt and obsessed with studying mutations, he acts odd and strange around Mystique as if he doesn't know how to approach her. It's a relationship that doesn't make a lot of sense and has clear issues when it comes to the two characters sharing any chemistry. I blame this on whoever wrote it as they did a bad job of making viewers feel like X and Mystique really care about each other.

Why does Sebastian Shaw have a helmet that blocks telepathy? They could have given a little insight on whether he had a run in with some telepath in the past.

There was next to no background on any characters outside of Charles and Magneto; and really its only Magneto as you see Charles as a kid, then as an adult, but no much info on how he came upon his powers the way we saw for Magneto. Every other mutant came off as nobodies with something special about them, but not much was given to viewers to care about why humans should accept these newly discovered mutants. Its as if the writer/director expected viewers to care about the characters based on prior knowledge of them from the comics, yet took every opportunity to go away from continuity. If you're going to go away from the original origins and stories, why not take some time to create new ones so your story has some depth. Instead most of the mutants came off as 'America's Got Mutants' who tell you their name and then show off their talent. That's not a movie, that's just special effects. I can get that from indie youtube shorts.

I can probably keep going, but i think you get the just of it.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #10725
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Amazing Spiderman - 9 / 10

SpiderMan was awesome.. Can't wait for part two.. Andrew Garfield, best spidey ever.. Glad they rebooted the franchise to get it right.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: