Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #10741
Raz

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Rock of Ages 6/10

The soundtrack was pretty good - I love 80's hair metal. I was pretty disappointed that there was no big Oh Sherrie - Steve Perry number. Maybe it was too obvious, but sometimes you have to give the audience what they want!

The acting was way over the top for the most part, Tom Cruise (though I despise him) really did a great job with his role, taking it way over the top. I felt like Brand and Baldwin stole the show, they were really funny, and showed good on screen chemistry. Catherine Zeta Jones was horrible - she can't act, was way over the top and looked like she was on medication. The male lead was a good singer, and I thought he did well with the script - however the female lead was complete ass. Another horribly cheesy pop singer being cast in a role way out of her depth. Kind of like that chick from Across the Universe, the blonde.

The story was okay, but there were a lot of holes. What can you expect from a cash cow musical turned into a cash cow of a film. Overall it was pretty enjoyable fodder. Saturday afternoon procrastinating from doing work well spent - but I wouldn't watch it again.

Also, the cinema was full of old people, and we kept getting whiffs of smelly old lady perfume (probably Oscar de le Renta) and someone in there had the world's worst farts - God awful farts.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #10742
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Im positive that most people will rate it lower than me.

I think highly of it for these reasons:

1. I never bought Tobey as Spidey. Sure I accepted him since I had no choice but I always felt that he didn't embody the character. Garfield I think was perfect. His frame and size is ideal and his humor matches the comic books. I believe him as Peter Parker when with Tobey I never really bought it.

2. If not for the former trilogy, this movie would be receiving a types of accolades. It has better directing, is more realistic, and utilizes better CGI. Its nostalgia that will make everyone act like it isn't that solid. Truth is that the first flick from the former trilogy was campy, a bit cheesy, and suffered from limited effects.. Does anyone recall how The Goblin looked? Everyone is spoiled now and want bigger and better, never realizing that Te cinematography effects are vastly superior now.

3. You can't compare this first film to Spiderman 2. Whether we like it or not this is a reboot and so it's handicapped by the need to tell the origin story. From what I see, this will be the ideal catalyst for a second film where it can take many different directions. Everyone is so butthurt that they have to reimagine their image of Spidey, that they are resisting for the sake of being tempremental.

4. This version is dark and realistic.. It doesn't pander to people that want pure escapism.. So people are resisting it, since they want the campy, popular style that the previous ones had.

Im pretty sure that I'll be one of very few that really love the direction that the franchise is taking.
+1

The Amazing Spider-Man - 8.75/10. Clearly better than the original origin movie, but not better than S2. You can argue that it's better than Iron Man and X:FC.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #10743
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Also, I dont know where you got that 'invited to be on the football team' part, because that never happened in the movie.
True.

Spoilers in white text.
The football scene was Gwen and Peter kissing. Peter was talking about what happened between him and Dr. Connors. The night he was talking about was also the night that he revealed to Gwen his true identity.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #10744
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
+1

The Amazing Spider-Man - 8.75/10. Clearly better than the original origin movie, but not better than S2. You can argue that it's better than Iron Man and X:FC.
I did overrate it tho..lol.. it is more of a 8.5..lol
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #10745
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
True.

Spoilers in white text.
When Gwens Dad Become The Green Goblin..blah..blah..etc

Okay this is my fault.. I F*cked Up.. lol

I just asked my bro about that part cause I just couldnt figure out where it happened. I had asked before but he didnt realize what i was talking about. I stepped out to the bathroom for a min. and I so happen to take the amount of time where that scene took place...lol Apparently thats all i had missed.

I owe Mr. Murder an apology...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #10746
cteach111
Decent college freshman

cteach111 has an OK reputation so far

I'd give Amazing Spider-Man about a 6.8-7.0 out of 10.

I prefer Raimi's Spidey over this one (the first 2 anyways)
cteach111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:04 AM   #10747
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Midnight Son

Very original vampire movie that moved at a great pace. One of the few times when i couldn't predict a lot of what would happen, nor did i try to i guess; but that is a credit to the film keeping me in the moment at every moment. IMDb underrates this movie, but i would give it an easy 8/10
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:48 AM   #10748
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Rock of Ages 8/10

Good music obviously with an ensemble cast that didn't take themselves too seriously when they filmed this musical comedy.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:00 AM   #10749
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

9/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #10750
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amazing SpiderMan 7/10

Did not like the new guy as Peter Parker, but did like him as Spider-man. As Peter Parker, the only thing that made him seem nerdy was the way people treated him, but he never actually came across as nerdy. As Spider-man though, he had a good Spidey-voice and made good use of being a smart ass. Movie had several flaws throughout, but overall, the story was solid and came together nicely. Best storyline of the 4 Spider-Man movies to date.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #10751
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

godfather 2. good movie. I probably wouldn't watch it again. A little confused on how its one of the greatest movies ever..
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #10752
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

Boys N the Hood

9/10

I woulda given it a 10 if they explored with more violence and prolonged the childhood to give more shape and how it made them develop into the characters they turned into later on.
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #10753
D-Rose

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Amazing Spiderman - 8.5/10

Very much enjoyed this movie despite front row seats in the theater. The buildup was great, especially since there will be more movies to come and it laid a great platform. The action scenes were great, I loved the tweaks in the storyline from the previous series and the characters were all very believable and did well. Can't wait for the sequel!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #10754
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Moorise Kingdom- 8/10

Fun movie with usual Andersonian quirk. It was great to see some big name actors step out of their comfort zones and tackle this sort of off-beat comedy, nice little cameo by Harvey Keitel. The direction was a bit uneven in the beginning, seemed like a lot of shots were out of focus and they overdid it with the slider shots. But everything was tight and spot on from the establishing shots, the art direction was fantastic.

Ted- 6.5/10

It was refreshing to see a wide release flick that isn't a remake of an 80s movie or TV show. The bear was hilarious, he had some great lines (especially his interaction with the store manager ), he really carried the film. Original idea but the story was still a bit thin and Mark Wahlberg did nothing but shrug every time he delivered a line. If you don't go in with high expectations, you'll be entertained, it is what it is. Wouldn't be surprised if they do a sequel(s), especially after the bank they made at the box office.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #10755
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr
godfather 2. good movie. I probably wouldn't watch it again. A little confused on how its one of the greatest movies ever..

Not one of, THE greatest
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: