Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #10786
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Halfway through I knew exactly what was going to happen...
never seen mystic river, was it even worth watching?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #10787
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

I'll rate the last 2 movies I saw... Ted 8/10 solid very good comedy film IMO. Enjoyed it a lot more than that Aladeen movie. Found myself laughing the majority of the movie, not a dull moment in that movie for me really.

Safe house with Denzel was a decent 6.5 worth a view if you get it on red box or whatever, Ted I saw in theaters so I had to pay more obviously but thought i got moneys worth with a 8.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #10788
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Snow White and the Huntsman: 3.5/10- I'm not sure howshit like this happens. They have some great, and I mean GREAT concepts going in this movie. We could have a classic on our hands if this is done with any semblance of ability.

But we get little to none. From anywhere. The script is weak. The acting is weak. The shots are weak. Hell even the makeup is noticeably weak. Theron has a pretty good turn as a crazy person, but outside that it's just stock acting from stock actors.

Like... I thought Kristen Stewart had some talent before this movie. I see it in some other stuff hiding beneath layers of drivel written for her. Yet here's another movie where she plays THE SAME DAMN CHARACTER she has been for seemingly her entire career. No discernible personality, nothing interesting at all about her, and she's the title character.

One of them in fact. The other is the Huntsman who I kid thee not is basically a non-fancy talking different accented Thor. The only character with real interest is the Queen. If this had been the "Queen and that Dumb Girl who Somehow Won" it probably would have been a good movie. Her motives are brilliant. Why does she want to stay young forever? Did we ever stop and wonder this? Well they have a great explanation here. And the mirror may or may not just be a figment of her imagination. It's great.

But honestly, it feels like that was just a happy accident, a side effect of telling the more straight laced legend.

This movie is big fat turd that even lacks polish. Don't watch it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #10789
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
never seen mystic river, was it even worth watching?
Yeah, its' worth a watch. And most other people don't find it as predictable as me...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #10790
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

Saw Ted (2012) last night.

Awesome and hilarious movie!

P.S. Mystic River is DEFINITELY worth watching. Not a masterpiece like some seem to think but absolutely worth watching.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #10791
Kobe Jnr
Banned

men in black 3. Was not expecting much, but I liked it. Good ending.
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #10792
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Sleepaway Camp: 7/10. Pretty weird movie with a whole lot of different undertones. It was pretty strange but worth the watch.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #10793
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Snow White and the Huntsman: 3.5/10- I'm not sure howshit like this happens. They have some great, and I mean GREAT concepts going in this movie. We could have a classic on our hands if this is done with any semblance of ability.

But we get little to none. From anywhere. The script is weak. The acting is weak. The shots are weak. Hell even the makeup is noticeably weak. Theron has a pretty good turn as a crazy person, but outside that it's just stock acting from stock actors.

Like... I thought Kristen Stewart had some talent before this movie. I see it in some other stuff hiding beneath layers of drivel written for her. Yet here's another movie where she plays THE SAME DAMN CHARACTER she has been for seemingly her entire career. No discernible personality, nothing interesting at all about her, and she's the title character.

One of them in fact. The other is the Huntsman who I kid thee not is basically a non-fancy talking different accented Thor. The only character with real interest is the Queen. If this had been the "Queen and that Dumb Girl who Somehow Won" it probably would have been a good movie. Her motives are brilliant. Why does she want to stay young forever? Did we ever stop and wonder this? Well they have a great explanation here. And the mirror may or may not just be a figment of her imagination. It's great.

But honestly, it feels like that was just a happy accident, a side effect of telling the more straight laced legend.

This movie is big fat turd that even lacks polish. Don't watch it.

Respectfully disagree. I really enjoyed this one. I thought the story was well-done, and had a high-fantasy feel to it that reminded me of LOTR or TGOT.

Amazing cinematography and scenery too.

If you like Fantasy and enjoy good visuals you will enjoy this movie.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #10794
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Cars - 7/10

This and its sequel are the only Pixar films I haven't seen till now, it was pretty good. The storyline was predictable but still entertaining and feel good. Solid, but not as good as Toy Story, Monsters Inc, or Wall E.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #10795
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Halfway through I knew exactly what was going to happen...
How could you have possibly predicted what Tim Robbins actually did that night?

This movie wasn't predictable at all.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #10796
chips93
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Couldn't believe how much weight he lost for the Machinist. That sh*t couldnt have been healthy.

i recall him saying in an interview that he would have an apple and a cup of coffee, and thats it for the day
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #10797
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
How could you have possibly predicted what Tim Robbins actually did that night?

This movie wasn't predictable at all.
In white

I knew that he didn't kill Katie and that he'd eventually get killed by Penn. Knew that the real killer would be someone random and unexpected. When they discovered that it was the same gun used by "Just Ray" I suspected that the mute kid could be the killer because only guy that he loved (his brother) was going away with Katie, but wasn't 100% sure about that.
And why didn't Dave (Robbins) just show Penn the body of guy he killed? I know he was ****ed up in the head, but that would clear him of Katie's murder...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #10798
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Misery 7/10

Not a bad movie at all. Good thriller/suspense movie and some good acting by some of the characters.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #10799
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Question for those of you who have seen the Pusher series. I really want to watch those movies, but Netflix only has part 3. Would there be a major downside to watching Pusher III without having seen the first 2? I know next to nothing about the movies and whether or not they work as continuations that build on the previous movies.

i see you checking out refn's work. i thought people might go and seek out his films after drive. drive for me was only dissapointing in that- whilst it was a more accomplished film than valhalla rising- showed me he is a film maker with nothing to say. where as valhalla suggests he might be someone with some really interesting things to show us. not just a a great control of form.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #10800
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

loved this, really loved it. has some holes/problems but its such simple, beautiful film making, everyone will enjoy it. deserves to be widely seen and enjoyed. my favorite release of the year so far.
8.5/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: