Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #10921
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
The Amazing Spider-Man: 10/10

Seriously, it's a dope movie. It follows exactly how Peter Parker was depicted by Marvel. I'm amped to watch The Dark Knight Rises to see how it compares with this movie.

That is some high praise for a movie that sometimes felt like Teen Wolf.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #10922
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Saintsfan1992 has decent reputation

inb4darkknightrises reviews
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #10923
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Eye - 6/10

Good scary family movie.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #10924
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist: 6.5/10

Solid enough movie, pretty entertaining and really short but nothing special.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #10925
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Scale of 1-10 where 5 is completely average.

The Amazing Spiderman - 7.5/10
Thought it was gonna suck, but it was much better than I expected. Lizard Monster was pretty cool. Still think Tobey McGuire was a better Spidey though, and is anyone else getting tired of seeing Emma Stone in every freaking movie?

The Forgotten - 3.7/10
Julianne Moore is fine as hell, and she's actually a really good actress. Other than that, this movie movie was pretty stupid. In the beginning of the movie her kid dies in a plane crash, and she's of course devastated. Then fourteen months later she's told that her son never existed, and everyone in her life, ex-husband, friends, co-workers and police all deny any existence of her son. So she's on a mission to find out if her son was taken and is alive somewhere, or if she's actually crazy. Then some people start chasing her and that's the plot of the movie. The first thirty minutes or so were cool, but then the story unfolds and it really is completely retarded what turns out to be the cause of her suffering. Laughable really, and the ending is lame.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #10926
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tired of seeing Emma Stone? Blasphemy.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #10927
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

TDKR

9/10 as an overall movie.
10/10 as a comic movie.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #10928
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Inception - 9/10. Nolan at it again. At the beginning it was kind of confusing, but you catch on fast and learn on the fly. I felt that despite the intricacies of the film, it was relatively easy to follow what was going on. DiCaprio and Gordon-Levitt were absolutely stellar to me, their performances really made this even better for me, Gordon-Levitt is already one of my favorites. I don't understand how most people I've heard call this a mindf*ck? I understand that the ending is rather ambiguous and open to interpretation, but it wasn't like you had no clue what galaxy they were in or anything...

Really recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it, but make sure you have no interruptions or distractions, it's one you need to be glued to.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #10929
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

About to watch The Machinist with Christian Bale. Heard he dropped to 120 pounds for this movie crazy.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:40 AM   #10930
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
About to watch The Machinist with Christian Bale. Heard he dropped to 120 pounds for this movie crazy.

Very good flick
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #10931
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose

Inception - 9/10. Nolan at it again. At the beginning it was kind of confusing, but you catch on fast and learn on the fly. I felt that despite the intricacies of the film, it was relatively easy to follow what was going on. DiCaprio and Gordon-Levitt were absolutely stellar to me, their performances really made this even better for me, Gordon-Levitt is already one of my favorites. I don't understand how most people I've heard call this a mindf*ck? I understand that the ending is rather ambiguous and open to interpretation, but it wasn't like you had no clue what galaxy they were in or anything...

Really recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it, but make sure you have no interruptions or distractions, it's one you need to be glued to.

Great idea, generic story, even more generic execution. One of the most overrated movies i've ever seen; and i'm a DiCaprio fan.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #10932
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Tired of seeing Emma Stone? Blasphemy.
When I first saw her, I thought she was really cute, and she is. She was fine as hell in Superbad. But as the years go on and she gets more and more hype and she ends up in more and more movies, its starting to annoy the hell out of me. I think its her voice. Its kind of raspy. Not that big a deal, but when she's in every movie, ah.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #10933
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Great idea, generic story, even more generic execution. One of the most overrated movies i've ever seen; and i'm a DiCaprio fan.

agreed. i also found 'crash' insanely overrated for some of the same reasons. i don't get people that think this was nolan's best film. different perspectives i guess...don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad but i never went apeshit over it like some did. 'memento' was far grander in scale and execution even if didn't tie up everything in a tight little bow....
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #10934
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
agreed. i also found 'crash' insanely overrated for some of the same reasons. i don't get people that think this was nolan's best film. different perspectives i guess...don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad but i never went apeshit over it like some did. 'memento' was far grander in scale and execution even if didn't tie up everything in a tight little bow....
I really liked Memento more, the story was more complex and for me, more of a "mindf*ck" than Inception by any standard. Both are really good though.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #10935
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Inception is a great film but I think Memento, Dark Knight and Insomnia are his 3 best films.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: