Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #10951
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

TDKR

6.8/10

Begins is better, and DK is much better. They didn't do a good job editing. The audio sucked. The story didn't flow well, but the ending was pretty cool. Bane's whole face was covered so he had no character.

There was a lot of stuff I thought should have been taken out. Some corny Batman lines. The acting was great, but I think Nolan got lazy and didn't finish the trilogy strong.

Last edited by RoseCity07 : 07-21-2012 at 05:47 AM.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #10952
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
TDKR

6.8/10

Begins is better, and DK is much better. They didn't do a good job editing. The audio sucked. The story didn't flow well, but the ending was pretty cool. Bane's whole face was covered so he had no character.

Not in IMAX.

I give it a 9/10. To me, BB is a 9 and TDK is a 10 just for reference. I keep going back and forth between which I liked more between Begins and Rises.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #10953
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

I always love it when I expect a movie to suck and it turns out a lot better than expected.

The Amazing Spiderman 9/10.

Andrew Garfield seemed more like your typical teenager when compared to Tobey Maguire. I really hated the idea of having a reboot so soon. But as I was watching the movie, I was pleasantly surprised as to how much I was enjoying it. Emma Stone is a babe and I will be honest I never read the comics so I was really confused as to who the hell her character was.

Hopefully in the next movie he will be out of high school and in college.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #10954
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

21 Jump Street

9.5/10

Holy shit this was awesome , was not expecting much coming into this. The cameos were awesome too (Ron Swanson, Ice Cube). One of the funniest movies of the year and one of the top buddy-cop movies ever.
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #10955
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Alien - 7.5/10. This movie was very different from those of its genre today. The beginning of the movie was very slow and methodical, the last half hour had the only action in the movie. It was still pretty entertaining and laid a good platform for the movies to come in the series.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High - 8/10. This was veryyyy 80's and I loved it. There was plenty of comedy, especially with Sean Penn as a pothead. It had Forrest Whitaker and Nicholas Cage in it as well, in small to almost no roles but cool to see them that young anyway. Ending was happy, enjoyable flick.

The Sword of the Stone - 6/10. It was pretty meh, almost fell asleep. But still liked the animation and disney does have the stories.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #10956
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Batman: TDKR - 9.5/10

awesome movie, the most fun I've had at the theaters in a long ass time. Bane was such a bad ass, I honestly liked him just as much as the Joker.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #10957
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

Safety not guaranteed- 8.25 / 10

i liked that movie i rate it a high 8.25 borderline 8.5 great flick to take a chick too.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #10958
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Not in IMAX.

I give it a 9/10. To me, BB is a 9 and TDK is a 10 just for reference. I keep going back and forth between which I liked more between Begins and Rises.

More I think about it, the less I like the movie. After seeing the Dark Knight, all I wanted to do was watch it again and again. This morning, I keep thinking about the movie, but I keep thinking about the parts that bugged me. Still a great movie, but definitely my least favorite of the series. I'm now thinking about an 8.5/10, which is disappointing since I thought before the movie I would surely end up giving it a 9.5/10.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #10959
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

The Man From Earth: 8/10- This film is rare. It is a film that has a few fatal flaws, but overcomes them on the sheer curiosity and wonder of it's subject matter.

It is a movie that takes place in one setting, is just people talking, and yet you find yourself captured by the really, very interesting subject.

It has one note characters, often very easily identifiable in their archetypes from the get go, and suffers from some stale acting in a few spots. Some of the concepts in the film are rather lame, I wish I could give an example but it'd ruin the whole movie, and the ending was just ridiculous.

That said it truly poses some great questions, and also does a nice job of presenting some interesting information and ideologies while continuing the narrative story.

I struggle to find words to describe the experience. But the closest thing I could come up with is that it reminds me of a great Star Trek DS9 (The best show of the franchise imo) episode. The one where Sisko is giving a Captain's log to us the audience. It's based in dialogue for a good amount of time, but you find yourself enthralled. That episode had action though in flashbacks, this is all words.

And for that this movie is stronger. It's like a book, any attempt to create a visual representation of the dialogue will take away from the reader's own imagination. It allows you to insert yourself as the figure trying to figure out the very puzzling questions this raises.

Anyone who is a sci-fi film fan should give this a look.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #10960
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Crazy Heart. Was actually surprised how much I enjoyed it for such a formulaic plot line. Jeff Bridges was awesome, of course, and the supporting cast did their part too. Just really well acted.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #10961
D-Wade316
F***

WALL-E

A seemingly light movie from the outside, but dark from the inside. By far Pixar's deepest film. 10/10
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #10962
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

The Man From Earth: 8/10-

Agreed, solid movie.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #10963
SourPatchKids
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
WALL-E

A seemingly light movie from the outside, but dark from the inside. By far Pixar's deepest film. 10/10
WALL-E is more depressing than Requiem For a Dream and Never Let Me Go put together.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:31 AM   #10964
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Not bad, kept me interested - 8/10
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #10965
D-Wade316
F***

9/10. Kids, beware.

Last edited by D-Wade316 : 07-22-2012 at 10:20 AM.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: