Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #10966
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

66%

Note that is actually a good rating.

The film is an at times brilliant take on the love triangle story. Xavier Dolan's gimmicky arthouse flourishes can be distracting. I think they really pulled the viewer out of the story instead of increasing emotional investment. This is my first Xavier Dolan film. I know view him as a director worth watching, and would like to get my hands on his other two productions.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #10967
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ghost Rider 2 - 2/10

Horrible pathetic movie. 2 for the effects, Cage needs to just quit. I'm going to give Inception another chance, I finished it halfway a while ago and didn't like it. I want to re-watch it and pay attention.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #10968
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the dark knight rises
i have issues with it, it was too long and alot of it was messy tbh, but it did have some really great moments. both of them involved bane. when he beat the hell out of batman and when his identity was full revealed(at the end). those two scenes elevated the film greatly imo. i hated the ending, well i liked the ending untill the twist came in, that was a cop out and annoyed me tbh. it was ending perfectly as it was. but like alot of things in this film we are given a whole shit load of misdirection that when the truth is finally revealed totally undermines what we have been led to believe. there is nowhere near enough violence and way too much silliness for a film that takes itself as seriously as this does. but i have to say again, there are a handful of truly great moments.
8/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #10969
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Dark Knight - 10/10

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #10970
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really feel like a hermit.
I've not seen any Batman movie since the Burton ones.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #10971
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I really feel like a hermit.
I've not seen any Batman movie since the Burton ones.
you should get on top of that, with the quickness..

where talking about a higher quality of film here.. not just some mindless Batman flicks..

Im sure after you view them, youll feel regretful of having delayed the pleasure for so long. Particularly after viewing The Dark Knight.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #10972
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

where talking about a higher quality of film here.. not just some mindless Batman flicks..

Im sure after you view them, youll feel regretful of having delayed the pleasure for so long. Particularly after viewing The Dark Knight.
I know.
I actually liked Burton's Batmans a lot, but they lost me with Schumacher, and I never recovered.
I'll have to watch the Nolan ones...
even though I think he's generally overrated here, but i'll never tell anyone
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #10973
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

If I were Jasi, I'd just find an open day and watch the whole trilogy at once. Can you imagine seeing the whole series for the first time in one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
The Dark Knight - 10/10

Agree

Last movie I saw: Monkey Shines 7.5/10

Hilarious that it is filmed semi-serious considering the premise is a monkey carrying out the internal thoughts of a quadriplegic man.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #10974
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I know.
I actually liked Burton's Batmans a lot, but they lost me with Schumacher, and I never recovered.
I'll have to watch the Nolan ones...
even though I think he's generally overrated here, but i'll never tell anyone

I thought you said that you haven't seen a Batman movie since Burton, but now you say you saw Schumacher. YOU LIED TO ME!
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #10975
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Agreed, solid movie.

I'm curious about what you think about the situation here. In white:

For me the whole thing went down hill when he said he was Jesus. Like then the old lady just starts being angry, and shit. It was silly to me. Like I think it was interesting that he talked about Buddhist ideals being integrated into the Jesus mythos (and I personally believe that Jesus studied with Budhists during the lost years). But that HE was Jesus was silly to me. It seemed way outside the rest of the movie, where he was supposed to be just one man, on moment at a time.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #10976
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Really cool ****ing movie right here. Never a dull moment watching this because you're always trying to figure out what happened or what's going on. Solid performances. Great story. I really respect the work of the Nolan Brothers.

9.0/10 -Would watch again (I dont do that often)
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #10977
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

WARNING!!!! POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT!!

9.5/10: IMO, easily the best of the three. It was the longest but it didn't feel like it dragged on (to me), especially in comparison to The Dark Knight. In the second one it felt like the movie was more about The Joker than it was Batman. Here, they brought the focus back onto Batman with all the other characters being implemented around him. The struggles that he was going through in coming back to being Batman and such.

Anne Hathaway was a beast in this movie and was the stud of the movie. If I had one complaint it would be how little involvement she had for about 30 minutes or so in the beginning of the second-half of the movie. She did a great job. Bane was interesting. Hardy did a good job with him. I thought the political message that was being sent was a little weird and didn't quite get exactly what he was trying to say. I loved that they included an homage to the comics with that back-breaker scene- very well done. I thought the whole trying to make Bane's storyline Talia's kind of weird and it threw me off momentarily when that happened, but I just took it for what it was.

The ending was perfect to me. Some I saw complain that they shouldn't have shown Bruce/Selena at the end, but I liked it. I actually assumed they were just going to have Alfred nod and then cut out, but it was whatever. I really didn't go into the movie with any expectations other than that I thought it would be good. I wasn't going in with the intent of comparing it to the other two, but man, it definitely made me satisfied. Can't wait to see it again, haha.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #10978
D-Rose

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Se7en - 9/10. This blew away any Law and Order or SVU episode I have ever seen, crime at another level. The criminal uses the 7 deadly sins to kill his victims, how sinister is that? The movie provided great depth with Gwyneth Paltrow as well as Morgan Freeman's character at the end of his career. Pitt did well, but damn his character was such a hot head, he pulled it off real well though. The ending throws a bit of a twist at you and leaves you shocked once it's over. Enjoy!

TDKR - 9/10. What an ending to the series this was. I was on the edge of my seat throughout. The acting performances were off the charts. Bale, Caine, Hathaway, Hardy, Gordon-Levitt were stellar. I especially loved how they incorporated Gordon-Levitt's character into the movie and gave it a lot of importance. The ending may not be what you expected, but I left the theater very satisfied with what I saw. Will see again, very soon.

Last edited by D-Rose : 05-16-2014 at 03:15 PM.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #10979
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
About to watch The Machinist with Christian Bale. Heard he dropped to 120 pounds for this movie crazy.

So? How did you like it?
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #10980
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dark Shadows 2012

7.5/10

Don't let the average ratings and negative reviews scare you off. I really enjoyed it. Well done movie, and well worth seeing.

Oh, and Michelle Pfeiffer is still gorgeous @ 54.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: