Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #11026
pauk
NBA Legend

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Falling Down

Surefire cult-classic, and a personal favorite of mine. I remember first watching this flick when I was in early middle-school, so I wasn't old enough to fully appreciate the movie for what it is/was - which was a B movie that would be clowned and frowned upon by critics - but eventually and ultimately solidifying itself as a highly adored, cherished, adventure ... that never seems to get old.

I probably overrate Falling Down and am probably a bit biased but I give it 8/10, easy.

Love this movie, seen it many times!
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #11027
Stuckey
ifirtworld

End of Watch

7/10

decent entertainment but very shallow

hated the garbage love story within

and didn't like the "project" Jake Gylenhall was working with the camera, seemed like an excuse to get some different angles in

however, loved that lesbian from curb side gang
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #11028
blablabla

Killing them softly

5/10

awful soundtrack, close to no story, lots of boring irrelevant scenes
good camera work, especially the killing scenes, few funny scenes, decent acting

movie tried to be subtle and stylish too hard

Last edited by blablabla : 12-30-2012 at 07:32 AM.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #11029
D-Rose
Da Mavs

The Hobbit - 7.5/10

It was pretty solid. Haven't seen LOTR movies but read the Hobbit book. There was some great action and I wasn't bored at any point even though it was a long watch.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #11030
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Just watched Taxi Driver. 10/10, third best movie of the 70's behind Godfather and Godfather part II.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #11031
Dasher
NBA Superstar

74%

This movie seems like it reads better than it comes across on the screen. It was solid and intelligent, but none of the performances, save Hellen Mirren's did anything for me.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #11032
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

8/10
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 AM   #11033
clipse026
Local High School Star

Jack Reacher - 7/10

I don't really have a problem with Cruise. He played the part well and it was an entertaining action movie. I've never seen Rosamund Pike before but god damn . Her cleavage was very distracting. Also Robert Duvall was pretty funny in his small part. And it was cool to see Jai Courtney outside of his role as Varro in Spartacus.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:47 AM   #11034
Graviton
☯‿☯

Django Unchained - 9.5/10

I was skeptical about this movie and wasn't impressed by the trailers, read the negative reviews and expected crap, but DAMN Tarantino delivered again. I will never doubt him from now on.

Award worthy performances by 4 different people, didn't know Fox could be so badass. What to expect - the classic sharp, humorous and witty Tarantino dialogue, sweet action sequences with impressive sound effects and display of brutal yet entertaining violence, and AMAZING musical choices. Some of the soundtracks were just perfectly integrated with a scene. Movie had so many "HOLY SHIT I GOTTA REWIND THAT!" moments, it was just a perfect mix of comedy, action, charm and a lot of heart. I will definitely buy it on blu-ray.

Can't wait to see what Tarantino got next, hope he at least makes 2 more movies before retiring, he has said he wants to quit before losing his way and making shit like most Hollywood directors. You can tell he really loves crafting films to entertain the audience.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #11035
Dasher
NBA Superstar

Reading the script before going to Django dinged the film a bit, as what was on paper blew away what was on the screen.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #11036
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Skyfall - 6.5/10

That old lady was terribly annoying and i hated every moment she was on screen, especially when she talked. The only reason to watch this movie is for Javier Bardem. The dude is such a great actor and its always a treat to watch him on screen. I can't believe i still haven't watched "Biutiful." Other than enjoying his acting, everything else about the movie is your standard action flick. Nothing more or less. Watching it once is enough. I like Daniel Craig, but as i'm ready for a new bond. I have heard people suggest Idris Elba; that would be awesome.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #11037
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Reading the script before going to Django dinged the film a bit, as what was on paper blew away what was on the screen.

Perhaps that's just a bad way to experience a film unless you are a producer or director.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #11038
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
I felt the same way when I read Inglorious Basterds' script months before it came out on screen. Maybe not blown away, but it definitely had a lot of extra great dialog and a lot of extra scenes that would have been cool to have watched.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #11039
Dasher
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Perhaps that's just a bad way to experience a film unless you are a producer or director.
For me its the best way. I have found that it elevates the viewing experience. You see the director's vision, actors audibles, and editors influence clearer.

Editing out Hildi's backstory removed the emotional heft from the movie. Django's transformation from a slave who was so meek, to a badass of McClainian proportions was left on the cutting room floor. As was the best scenes that explained why Stephen really hated Django so much.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #11040
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
For me its the best way. I have found that it elevates the viewing experience. You see the director's vision, actors audibles, and editors influence clearer.

Editing out Hildi's backstory removed the emotional heft from the movie. Django's transformation from a slave who was so meek, to a badass of McClainian proportions was left on the cutting room floor. As was the best scenes that explained why Stephen really hated Django so much.
Ive always felt that QT would make an outstanding novelist.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: