Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #11056
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
What's that about? Some guy who kills people or something?
ye /
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #11057
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
What's that about? Some guy who kills people or something?

Something like that. Yeah, it is about a guy who gets out of a mental institute and has trauma related to being picked on by former classmates, so he starts getting revenge. Meanwhile, his 11 year old daughter who he has never met comes into his life. Its more of a violent dark comedy than a horror film. Plenty of clever lines throughout that made me chuckle.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #11058
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame: 8/10- Wow! What a surprise this turned out to be. I was expecting a simple period piece, but got full on wuxia mystery thriller.

The sets are amazing, the choreo is unreal and the visual ability of this cast and crew match anything that you've seen in the last few years.

The plot is a bit (read: awfully) bloated, and if you have no experience with east Asian mythology and storytelling methods you may be lost by the end. But you'll understand enough to get the plot's skeleton.

I read that Time had this as their 3rd best movie of 2011. I'm not sure if I'd go that far but this is easily one of the best action movies I've seen in the last couple years. Here's to hoping it becomes a franchise.

Hark Tsui-
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #11059
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Grey 7.5/10

Lots of flaws regarding realism, but the characters were great and they even avoided expected cliches that I thought were going to happen. Overall very entertaining, but as I said, lots of flaws too.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #11060
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame: 8/10- Wow! What a surprise this turned out to be. I was expecting a simple period piece, but got full on wuxia mystery thriller.

The sets are amazing, the choreo is unreal and the visual ability of this cast and crew match anything that you've seen in the last few years.

The plot is a bit (read: awfully) bloated, and if you have no experience with east Asian mythology and storytelling methods you may be lost by the end. But you'll understand enough to get the plot's skeleton.

I read that Time had this as their 3rd best movie of 2011. I'm not sure if I'd go that far but this is easily one of the best action movies I've seen in the last couple years. Here's to hoping it becomes a franchise.

Hark Tsui-

looks good
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #11061
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

everyone is mentioning them so.

safe house- 6.5/10
biggest bourne rip off ever? of all the bourne rip offs non has been as blatant, infact i wonder if this isn't the most obvious rip off of any recent film...it was a carbon copy of bourne with maybe 1 in every 20 elements fractionally different.
kept me entertained with pace and the hilarity of seeing just how precise they could steal from a superior film. still it was perfectly adequate and full of pace.

the grey- 7.5/10
a hell of a lot of existential ramblings getting in the way of the wolfy shenanigans but I'm fine with that.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #11062
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Exam- 7.2 cool thriller
Atlantis Squarepantis - 7.7 surprisingly a lot better now then when I watched it when I was 10.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #11063
TMacMagic
I hit open 5-footers

TMacMagic has decent reputation

The last movie I watched was Madea's Witness Protection.

3.5/5

Tyler Perry stayed away from the repetitive story-lines he's been using but overall it wasn't that funny and seemed kind of rushed.
TMacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #11064
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watchmen - 8/10. Great superhero film, really enjoyed it throughout. I really liked the style of storytelling and the originality of the superheroes. Jupiter was so damn sexy too.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #11065
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
So its one of the worst movies youve ever seen? Because giving a four gives off that impression.

How does a movie that has solid acting as you said get a 4? Wouldnt that make it above average?
Yikes, I forgot to put in at the top, "Scale of 1-10" where 5 is completely average." I like to use a whole scale when grading films because I believe it gives a more accurate vision on how the quality of the film. The film was below average, because outside the acting, everything was quite terrible. Acting can only get you so far.

"Scale of 1-10, where 5 is completely average."

7/10

Great plot, great pace and very unique and funny dialogue. Damon and Kinnear had great chemistry as well. Prime Eva Mendes is a legit 9/10. Absolutely banging. I most likely enjoyed the film more than the average viewer because I have close brothers, and I kind of related a lot of the conflict in the film with my own, blah blah blah.

5.5/10

Basically your average run of the mill romantic comedy, but with a slightly better cast and more crude/sexual humor, which lifts the comedy a little bit. For some reason when I was first started watching it, I actually thought it was really good, but most feel good movies do just that I guess. Make you feel good. The film is actually rated R, which I didn't know at first. Anna Faris was cool and kind of cute in my opinion. Probably showed too much of the real funny parts the trailer though. Couple of funny cameos.

2/10

Stupid movie. Heather Graham is a babe, but stupid movie. Stupid plot. Graham's husband Luke Wilson runs off, and she chases him to El Paso, Texas and just does stupid shit trying to get her back. She gets all spiritual and tries to use Indian magic, and there's a couple of weird as sexual scenes where she doesn't even get naked. Weird as ****. Mark Ruffalo is actually in a small role, which surprised me. Movie was shot back in 2000, so I guess it was before he got big. He was funny in the two scenes he was in. Other than that, stupid movie. Waste of time really. Only watched it cause Graham was hot, and when I start watching a movie, I can't stand not finishing it.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #11066
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brainscan - 5/10. I saw this on fearnet the other night...was a horror flick from 94, thing I love about 90's movies is..well, everything because of the pop culture, dress, etc. this story was about a kid who is lonely and like horror films and games. he orders a game called brainscan which gives the ultimate horror experience, and in the game he has to kill people...he realizes though after he wakes up from each session of the game that the killings are real! the ending is a nice little twist. got a boobshot in there too, so 5 lol.

Beneath the Darkness - 1/10. Why does nobody listen to me? Why do people get shitty redbox movies? WHY!!!? Well actually, we had a good laugh watching this, but were so pissed at all the plotholes. It was a horror flick with Dennis Quaid and a bunch of no names in which Quaid is a mortician who's creepy af, has the dead body of his wife living with him at his house...these 4 kids decide to break in WHILE HE IS HOME to spy on him because they think he is with a ghost...one of the kids gets killed, the other friends run away despite the fact that he didn't even have a weapon...some friends. Anyway, Quaid buries them in caskets alive as his signature killing. Ending is stupid, the actors are terrible, wow how does shit like this ever get made? Funniest line was "You know what Travis, this is Texas. And in Texas, we can shoot burglars!"
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #11067
Myth

Play Misty For Me: 8/10
Old 08-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #11068
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

The thing(2011) 7/10
Warrior (8.7/10)
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #11069
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Brick

Wasn't bad, but i couldn't help but feel it was a pointless story. But i guess any story can be seen that way.

7/10
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #11070
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bought this for 30 bucks. Totally awesome. Has Once Brothers, The Pony Express, The Best That Never Was, The Two Escobars, Jordan Rides the Bus, I mean... just a great collection.

So stoked.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: