Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #11071
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

10/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #11072
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

I had seen the original 28 Days Later in the theaters about a decade or so when it originally came out, and was a fan, but nothing die-hard or whatnot. I never got around to watching the sequel 28 Weeks Later until just the other day.

Damn, I have to say I was pretty impressed. I enjoyed this storyline, acting, effects, etc. better on all levels compared to it's predecessor. I'm not a huge fan of the post-apocalyptic/zombie flicks, but this one kept me highly entertained.

8.5/10
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #11073
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The last batman movie 10/10. The first 2-5 minutes of the movie is boring as hell but it picks up and it never goes down until the credits roll. I was demanding more by the time. Great movie.
Bandito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #11074
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
The last batman movie 10/10. The first 2-5 minutes of the movie is boring as hell but it picks up and it never goes down until the credits roll. I was demanding more by the time. Great movie.

How would you rate the Dark Night? How would you rate Batman Begins?
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #11075
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito

How is Bane's opening plane scene boring?
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #11076
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

capt. america...6/10.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #11077
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

10/10
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #11078
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

not nearly as good as i remember. still a great heist movie with classic acting but there were a couple plot holes that just bothered me a little too much, especially considering this wasn't an overly complex plot/story to begin with.

whatever happened to val kilmer btw? i know about sizemore (and he was good here but not really on screen enough for you to come away all that impressed)

good movie but i'm not sure i like it more than 'the town'. i'd definitely recommend both. it's crazy to me how much better a director/producer afflek is compared to his acting. not that he's an awful actor, but he seriously has some talent behind the lens. i hope he continues to fuel that fire and has more in store (ok, getting too off topic here )

8/10

this was one of the most depressing films i've ever seen. just about every character was empty inside or had given up on their once loftier ideas. the situations they were in were just bleak and it was a referendum on the educational system as a whole. there's a lot of tangible things to sink your teeth in here but i also liked how it worked with literary metaphors. this was just a powerful movie. there were a couple scenes that got my eyes welling up a bit (i blame the onions).

the moments of optimism, positivity and raw joy were sparse. to me, it wasn't so much about apathy as it was about helplessness. this movie was amazing at capturing their pain and loneliness. brody was stellar as the lead actor. i would rank this film up there with 'the pianist' as far as his performance acting goes.

this was greatly written. at times, i just thought the direction just didn't mesh completely. i also thought they could have dug into erica's backstory a bit more.

was it too melodramatic sometimes? sure, you can argue that. there are many teachers that have better experiences than this. i think you just have to keep in mind that it's basically a single school and perspective being shown. it was also realistic enough that you didn't necessarily say...no chance or they're really reaching here. it was also nice to see lucy lui in a dramatic role and i thought she did fairly well.

8/10

more specific spoilers below:

the lasting message here was henry going back to get erica. i didn't think he 'rejected' meredith per se, but he didn't fully embrace her. that wasn't exactly his fault. his past and his teacher role could have made it an untenable, awkward situation.

oh, i absolutely hated hendricks' character just barging in the classroom like that when it was clear his hands were nowhere near any 'questionable' areas. she was way too overprotective and quick to attack henry in that scene and all that did was make meredith feel even more vulnerable. it was ironic since henry told meredith people weren't self-aware...and sarah seemed to be the one to lose sight of what was happening there.

anyway, back to erica...i think he realized that he could positively affect a young person's life in a more direct manner and that is why he went to the foster home to get her. this is really the only real long-term possibly 'happy' part of the movie and i would like to think she still lives with henry and maybe became a cook or caretaker. i thought gayle did a terrific job in portraying empathy and curiosity at the same time.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-07-2012 at 03:13 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #11079
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose

Watchmen - 8/10. Great superhero film, really enjoyed it throughout. I really liked the style of storytelling and the originality of the superheroes. Jupiter was so damn sexy too.

really thought this was underrated as far as comic book movies. i might be biased since i was a huge fan of the graphic novel. snyder took some liberties on the ending and some fanboys got all upset, but i actually liked it. the comic book version would have been a little tougher to pull off without some major CGI or cheesiness. i would definitely recommend the graphic novel, even if you don't consider yourself a 'comic book guy'. it's just straight up good literature and is actually a good intro to the comic book world. definitely in my top 10 in that regard.

the only thing i'm getting tired of in comic book movies is everything taking place in NY/manhattan. if it's not there, it's in chicago

i'm ready for a post-apocaplytic or more sci-fi CBM to be done. get james cameron for video editing.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-06-2012 at 07:02 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #11080
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

What I was expecting: Good action, good CGI, Biel + Beckinsale fight scene, good acting, intredasting storyline.

Delivery on expectations: 10/10

Overall movie rating: 8/10

This is definitely one of the most fast-paced movies that I have seen. Non-stop action for the most part; there are a few moments, but very few. Like even as the plot is developed, it is done while action is going on (fighting, chasing, etc). I feel like rating movies should be done by listing expectations going in and how the film delivered on those expectations. This movie delivered perfectly on what it intended. I think it is ridiculous when people go see a movie like this or a comedy and then want to complain because it isn't *list pretentious movie snobs artsy movie here with some deep transcendental meaning* and then give it 2/10 or something, lol. Anyways, good movie that will entertain you for a couple of hours and I recommend seeing it.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #11081
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oldboy:

heard really good things about this movie, and it didn't disappoint. Oh Dae-Su is a fvcking badass, and the villain dude is such scum... can't find a single flaw with this movie. the acting, and violent scenes are top notch.

10/10
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #11082
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose

Watchmen - 8/10. Great superhero film, really enjoyed it throughout. I really liked the style of storytelling and the originality of the superheroes. Jupiter was so damn sexy too.
what version did you watch
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #11083
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316

10/10

not ashamed to agree, this movie shoulda won best picture over the trash that is Crash
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #11084
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Loved it.

10/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #11085
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
what version did you watch
hmm what do you mean? was the typical dvd rip on torrent.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: