Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #11086
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
hmm what do you mean? was the typical dvd rip on torrent.
I think he's talking about extended footage / directors cut.. type of difference. I think there's a version that is 3 hours plus.. If im remembering that correctly.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #11087
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932

What I was expecting: Good action, good CGI, Biel + Beckinsale fight scene, good acting, intredasting storyline.

Delivery on expectations: 10/10

Overall movie rating: 8/10

This is definitely one of the most fast-paced movies that I have seen. Non-stop action for the most part; there are a few moments, but very few. Like even as the plot is developed, it is done while action is going on (fighting, chasing, etc). I feel like rating movies should be done by listing expectations going in and how the film delivered on those expectations. This movie delivered perfectly on what it intended. I think it is ridiculous when people go see a movie like this or a comedy and then want to complain because it isn't *list pretentious movie snobs artsy movie here with some deep transcendental meaning* and then give it 2/10 or something, lol. Anyways, good movie that will entertain you for a couple of hours and I recommend seeing it.

This is the first review I have seen that really liked it. How do you compare it to the original? Better or worse?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #11088
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I think he's talking about extended footage / directors cut.. type of difference. I think there's a version that is 3 hours plus.. If im remembering that correctly.
if i recall correctly it was 2 hours 42 minutes...
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #11089
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

8.75 out of 10

Excellent, quirky yet touching film. Being from Texas, and knowing the director is from Texas, it definitely hit all the right spots. I'd recommend it to Jack Black and Richard Linklater fans alike.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #11090
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Coriolanus 8/10

I didn't really like the first hour, and I was really put off by the Shakespeare dialog in a modern movie, but the 2nd hour of the movie was great and made sitting through the first hour totally worth it.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #11091
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Coriolanus 8/10

I didn't really like the first hour, and I was really put off by the Shakespeare dialog in a modern movie, but the 2nd hour of the movie was great and made sitting through the first hour totally worth it.

But it's a Shakespearean play, what did you expect?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #11092
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Usually it takes some time in the first act to adjust to Sakespeare's language but after that it isnt a problem.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #11093
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
But it's a Shakespearean play, what did you expect?

I thought since it was modern day they would convert the dialog to modern day style language while conveying the same message and story.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #11094
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
Oldboy:

heard really good things about this movie, and it didn't disappoint. Oh Dae-Su is a fvcking badass, and the villain dude is such scum... can't find a single flaw with this movie. the acting, and violent scenes are top notch.

10/10
Spike Lee is directing a remake. I have nothing specifically against Spike Lee, nor against remakes. But that makes my head hurt.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #11095
Goliath Uterus
average size weiner

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Memento:

one of my favorite Nolan films. I rank it slightly above Batman Begins.... made a lot more sense the second time watching it, didn't really catch some of the details my first view. brilliant concept by Nolan, the way the story goes backwards, fvcking great movie.

10/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Spike Lee is directing a remake. I have nothing specifically against Spike Lee, nor against remakes. But that makes my head hurt.

Yea I read that as well, no way it comes close to the original.... no point in trying really.

Last edited by Goliath Uterus : 08-07-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #11096
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Dark Knight Rises - 10/10
Nuff said.

Ted - 7/10
It had it's funny moments, but for the most part, it was extremely predictable.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:05 AM   #11097
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pulp Fiction - 10/10. I have honestly never finished a movie and wanted to re-watch it right away before this film. I am in complete awe of the perfection of this masterpiece. The story was incredible, the acting like nothing else, and holy shit it was hilarious too. I'm just like: .

The Prestige - 9/10. Yet another Nolan film that delivers. It was about 2 hours and 10 minutes long and I swear it felt like 20-30 minutes. The story was just so damn absorbing. Loved how the story was pieced together as well with present and past. Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale really complemented each other really well, and Michael Caine was fantastic, the emotion in that man's eyes is incredible. I will be honest and say I didn't see the ending coming at all, until right before it did. Go see this if you have not...Scar Jo was delectable as well
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #11098
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose

Pulp Fiction - 10/10. I have honestly never finished a movie and wanted to re-watch it right away before this film. I am in complete awe of the perfection of this masterpiece. The story was incredible, the acting like nothing else, and holy shit it was hilarious too. I'm just like: .
Agreed.

TDKR - Better than BB, but not better than TDK

Watched it for the second time today, and it was even better. You have to be listening to the dialogue, because any missed lines would result in a reaction from the viewer. Like Selina wanting the 'clean slate' to clear her name. After my first viewing, I knew she was up to something but it wasn't clear for me until the 2nd viewing. The Talia twist wasn't really that bad, although it was the low point of the movie. They could have given her a better death. Like an instant death once the camera rolls to her after the crash. And Bane too. He should have not died directly after being shot by Selina. He could have stood up and Selina shooting her multiple times for a sure death.

Last edited by D-Wade316 : 08-07-2012 at 08:28 AM.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #11099
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
This is the first review I have seen that really liked it. How do you compare it to the original? Better or worse?

Can't compare since I never saw the original. I just think it all depends on your expectations and stuff when you go into a movie. You're not going to see Transformers to see a movie with some amazing depth and writing; you're going to watch some mofo'ing Transformers fight and for some awesome CGI, lol. It's retarded when people get back from some action flick or a comedy and QQ because it isn't 'The Godfather' or whatever other movie that people love.

I really liked it because I had no expectations going in other than the ones that I listed in my review, so I wasn't disappointed, lol. It was a good, standard action movie. The story wasn't boring at all; pretty linear maybe, but not boring. It was so fast paced that I don't see how anybody could be bored with it. A lot of people like to shit on Colin Farrell, but he was fine in this movie. Biel was good. Beckinsale was pretty good too.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #11100
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Unbreakeable (with Bruce Willis and S.L. Jackson)

Wow, what a terrible film, especially the ending.

4/10.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: