Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #11131
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
just watched "horrible bosses"

that shit was hilarious. 7/10
Saw it in theaters, a great laugh.

and thanks ZeN and RBA for clarification on Dazed and Confused. I knew there must have been something behind it in terms of culture, time, and style that I just didn't perceive.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #11132
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

"The New Guy"

Plot/story-line: 4/10

Hilarity: 8/10
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #11133
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I abhor Dazed and Confused. One of the most overrated movies ever.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #11134
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I abhor Dazed and Confused. One of the most overrated movies ever.

I have to disagree. Growing up in the south and going to public school in the days before the internet (80s for me instead of 70s, but not that much different) I'd have to say the film is a spot-on re-creation of the social order of things. Plus Matthew McConaughey's portrayal of Wooderson was hilarious. Maybe it's just a southern thing, but just about everyone I've met knows someone who was just like that guy in high school.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #11135
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

I have to disagree. Growing up in the south and going to public school in the days before the internet (80s for me instead of 70s, but not that much different) I'd have to say the film is a spot-on re-creation of the social order of things. Plus Matthew McConaughey's portrayal of Wooderson was hilarious. Maybe it's just a southern thing, but just about everyone I've met knows someone who was just like that guy in high school.

I totally get the nostalgia, and that's why most people like the movie... But it's just not a great movie outside of its' 'feel'.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #11136
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I totally get the nostalgia, and that's why most people like the movie... But it's just not a great movie outside of its' 'feel'.

Valid point. It is basically a snapshot. I think people like it partly because of the nostalgia but also because very few films have captured adolescent society without being satirical or preachy.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #11137
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Big Lebowski - 8.5/10. Very much enjoyed this film, best role I've ever seen John Goodman in. The acting was top notch, liked Philip Seymour Hoffman's little role. One of the better written films I've seen and the entertainment was great. Must rewatch again soon.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #11138
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Valid point. It is basically a snapshot. I think people like it partly because of the nostalgia but also because very few films have captured adolescent society without being satirical or preachy.
I think the fact that it was a snapshot of reality and the era was why it missed out on the entertainment factor for me.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #11139
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

7.5/10

enjoyable comedy, would recommend
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #11140
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

The Missing - Tom Lee Jones - nothing special, nothing rubbish. I give a solid 75.5 10 ...

Is that fair?
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #11141
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Limitless 6.5/10
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #11142
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rampart 6/10

God Bless America 8/10
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #11143
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Snow White and The Huntsman - 4/10

M.I.B. III - 7.5/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #11144
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Really, really good film.

9/10

Last edited by irondarts : 08-10-2012 at 02:57 PM.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:11 AM   #11145
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose

The Big Lebowski - 8.5/10. Very much enjoyed this film, best role I've ever seen John Goodman in. The acting was top notch, liked Philip Seymour Hoffman's little role. One of the better written films I've seen and the entertainment was great. Must rewatch again soon.

You're very wrong about Dazed and Confused that perfectly captured a moment in time and high school group dynamics, but you're right about The Big Lebowski and it will only get better the second and third times you watch it.

One of my favorite Phillip Seymour Hoffman's roles. Julianne Moore is hiliarious as well.

See you at Lebowskifest

KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: