Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #11176
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

American Wedding - 5/10 Stiffler is just hilarious I love that guy.

The Dictator - 6.5/10 Good movie. Good laughs, fairly decent. Didn't expect much, didn't hold high expectations but had some good laughs. Funniest part was in the helicopter. Couldn't stop laughing the entire scene was pure funny.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #11177
imnew09
#Mamba

imnew09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryimnew09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Think Like a Man. 7/10, it's pretty hilarious!
imnew09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #11178
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hot tub machine - 3/10
all things fall apart - 4/0
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:48 AM   #11179
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Anyone seen "Extremely Loud Incredibly Close"? Looks good thinking bout renting it for tonight. Is it worth a watch?
No. Just don't.

I watched it recently but didn't bother writing about it here because it wasn't good. 4/10. It's a story that goes absolutely nowhere and takes the most convoluted route possible to get to the significant character realization as a payoff. It thinks it's a quirky movie when it's just annoying and emotionally manipulative. It's too long (2+ hours) for the little that it gives you. It's a waste of time. If you need to feel some 9/11 sadness, watch some youtube clips of the news stories instead.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #11180
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

the raid: redemption - 8/10

while i enjoyed much of the choreography, seeing this rookie cop, with no background to the viewer, kicking ass and taking names of about 20 guys over two floors just felt off. almost a third of the movie is dedicated to those scenes. i would have preferred the more strategic parts that were shown earlier in the movie. now, i realize the police's numbers dwindled but it sort of just fell into an action movie cliche. i counted around eight of the crew dead by around the 45 minute mark.

a very good movie but it just felt it could be even more. obviously, you have to suspend disbelief a bit for an action movie of this sort. i will say it was an intense movie and well worth watching. that's how i feel with about any movie that i rate 8/10 or above.

some sprinkling of 'rank and corruption'. again, not a bad idea but just really not fleshed out and too cliche.

if you like action movies, i'd really recommend this. otherwise, just sit back for the ride and don't let the little inconsistencies get to you. you'll still get something out of it. i could nitpick this and give it a lower rating but i feel actions movies are the most susceptible to 'critical ratings'.

i just don't rate action movies the same way i rate horror movies or drama movies. i sort of rate on overall impact + comparison to the rest of the genre. as far as action movies, i think this is really good. i'm just not sure action movies are one of my fav genres. hopefully that makes sense, without it sounding like i grade on a curve.

spoilers in white:

it would have been nice to see why this guy was such a beast and super cop. then you end up seeing that this super cop is relatives with one of the bad guys. we're only left to assume that they are most likely brothers after the bad guy brought up 'dad'. even though they disagreed about leaving together, the only cool part was that they were going to do what it took to stay alive and not stand out.

they meet again when one of the other main bodyguards is whipping the other. so the super cop walks in and they both take him since the bad guy likes combat fighting anyway and they barely win. so this super cop who dominated early on had the help of his brother yet still struggled vs. this bodyguard with the help of his injured brother. i hope i didn't make that too confusing because it's not. they had to have a super bodyguard to match the super cop i guess.

i did like how little kids were the spotters. unfortunately, this is the case in many of these situations...children and women on the frontlines and used as bait.

oh ya, the lieutenant came off as the biggest coward dickheads you could ever imagine.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-15-2012 at 06:34 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #11181
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did 3 movies in theaters last night.

The Campaign 8/10 - So funny
Bourne Legacy 7/10 - Definitely liked Renner in this. I liked that it wasn't just Bourne going at the agency again.
Total Recall 6/10 - Entertaining for the most part, but it just lacks so much of what the original had. Also, I was still expecting mutants since 3 tits was in it. Was disappointed to see that they had 1 mutant and no others. Might as well have removed her completely too if they aren't having other mutants. And the end was completely weak compared to the original, while all the twists were pretty much a complete rehash of the original. Please, if you are going to remake a film, do something new with it.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #11182
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ted 6/10
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #11183
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Bad Ass 7/10

If you're a Danny Trejo fan, you might like this one more. I found it above average for a straight to dvd flick. Ron Perlman and Charles S. Dutton also make appearances. It's the story of a down on his luck Vietnam vet who one day is seen as a vigilante hero of the people.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #11184
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Raid: Redemption 9/10

Best choreographed action movie I have ever seen.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #11185
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth

What do you mean by choreographed?

Is it martial arts? Or do you mean as far as gun play and chases and such are concerned?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #11186
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

7/10

This was pretty enjoyable. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #11187
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

id give it an 8

but you couldnt really ask for any more from that type of movie
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #11188
D-Rose

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kung Fu Panda - 7/10. Interesting enough to watch, but nothing amazing.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #11189
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
What do you mean by choreographed?

Is it martial arts? Or do you mean as far as gun play and chases and such are concerned?

The hand to hand fighting. Some of it is martial arts, while others are just awesome moves even if they don't fit into a specific fighting style. And there is a lot of suspense too, which is rare for movies that are just fight scene after fight scene.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #11190
D-Rose

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Did 3 movies in theaters last night.

The Campaign 8/10 - So funny
Bourne Legacy 7/10 - Definitely liked Renner in this. I liked that it wasn't just Bourne going at the agency again.
Total Recall 6/10 - Entertaining for the most part, but it just lacks so much of what the original had. Also, I was still expecting mutants since 3 tits was in it. Was disappointed to see that they had 1 mutant and no others. Might as well have removed her completely too if they aren't having other mutants. And the end was completely weak compared to the original, while all the twists were pretty much a complete rehash of the original. Please, if you are going to remake a film, do something new with it.
Did you just movie hop? I've always wanted to just spend a whole day at the theaters watching many movies but only buying one ticket.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: