Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #11236
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I don't think anyone ever came close to fighting so many tough fights in one night like in the movie. I remember Gracie had to pull out once because his 1st round match took too much out of him. Not only that, I doubt any organization would allow a fighter to do that. The MMA was pumped up to almost cartoon levels in this movie. At least when it came to the big tournament.

That's the same with any movie based on combat sports, just look at the Rocky movies, it was more rock-em-sock-em robots than it was boxing

They tend to go for entertainment over realism.

8.5/10

Just caught this on TV yesterday for the first time. I really slept on this for too long. Pixar keeps churning out one great animated flick after the other (with a hiccup every once in a while). Really engaging movie even though the majority of it could be classified as a silent film. The animation was top notch. Great, very creative story with a message.

5/10

I haven't seen this in years and it must've slipped my attention in the past just how terrible and ridiculous this movie was. Some of the worst over-the-top acting I've seen on film and the whole thing seemed cartoonish. It honestly felt like the 60s Batman camp show set during the crack epidemic. Terrible, terrible movie. When Chris Rock gives by far the best performance, you know you're watching shit.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #11237
NuYorkKnicks
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NuYorkKnicks has an OK reputation so far

Pixar always did a good job with animation, I have Wall E I'll watch it soon.
NuYorkKnicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #11238
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Ken Park
2/10 for the heterosexual sex scenes.
hahaha I've actually seen this too...so disturbing.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #11239
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Five Fingers: 8/10

Wow, just caught this one a few minutes ago. I had no idea it even existed and I'm kind of pissed I missed this when it came out. The story centers around a banker from Holland who en route to Morocco to establish a humanitarian food program, is kidnapped by a terrorist cell. But everything is not as it seems :strokes villain stache:

Great cast headlined by Laurence Fishburne and Ryan Phillippe who both are on their games. The film is very minimalist and mainly occurs in one barren room, the story and the performances carry this thing and it captures your attention throughout with some great twists.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #11240
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

8.5/10

Just caught this on TV yesterday for the first time. I really slept on this for too long. Pixar keeps churning out one great animated flick after the other (with a hiccup every once in a while). Really engaging movie even though the majority of it could be classified as a silent film. The animation was top notch. Great, very creative story with a message.

Good call, but Wall-E deserves an 9.0 if not a 10 IMO.

IF you liked it you should definitely watch UP, and also the new Pixar movie Brave.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #11241
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

IF you liked it you should definitely watch UP, and also the new Pixar movie Brave.

Except the end was terrible.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #11242
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Deer Hunter

I know it gets tons of acclaim, but it was just way too long for me. pretty close to 3 hours long, deniro and walken are great, and there are lots of great scenes, but so many scenes that are just unnecessary, and drag out the whole story

7.5/10 for me

if its 2.5 hours, or maybe a little shorter, id probably give it an 8 or a 9
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #11243
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
The Deer Hunter

I know it gets tons of acclaim, but it was just way too long for me. pretty close to 3 hours long, deniro and walken are great, and there are lots of great scenes, but so many scenes that are just unnecessary, and drag out the whole story

7.5/10 for me

Deer Hunter always bored the crap out of me. I have no problem giving it a 5/10.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #11244
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GOD BLESS AMERICA 4/10
There were a few really good scenes and the basic idea (killing those people who are so repugnant they deserve to die) but it was badly acted, the main characters just talked so much, and listening to them you wondered why they were doing what they were doing, it didn't make sense at times. Very dissapointing.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #11245
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

Brave was good but not on the same level as Wall-e and Up imo. Those 2 are masterpieces.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #11246
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Except the end was terrible.

I agree. I really think the best ending would have been rather depressing. Just in case someone here still hasn't seen it Imma put it in white: The most efficient ending would have been if Wall-E's directive stayed rewired. If he completely reset and EVE had to take care of him just like he did her. Maybe they hint that after a while he'll go back to regular Wall-E but they never show it.
Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #11247
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
The Deer Hunter

7.5/10 for me

While I'm not UK, most people in here would probably consider me a bit of a film snob, but I have no problem with this rating for something many consider a classic. The opening act of the wedding is way too long even considering it's period. The whole aura surrounding this movie is really based on those couple of russian roullette scenes. Without the iconism of those scenes, it's little more than a well performed footnote.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #11248
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lockout 6/10

plot/setting may be dumb, but it was fast-paced and had just enough action to keep me from getting bored
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #11249
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Brave was good but not on the same level as Wall-e and Up imo. Those 2 are masterpieces.

True. It's still good and worth seeing though.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #11250
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watched Oceans Eleven 8/10 great movie and great performance by Clooney
and Pitt, great actors.

OC12 here I come!
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: