Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #11281
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Cabin in the Woods- 0.5/10

Pretty horrible movie, I had high expectations considering the IMDB rating, I think this is the first time the IMDB rating has failed me. The way people hyped it I thought there would be some really good plot or twists or something new, but it was just mindless guts and blood with horrible acting and tbh a pathetic storyline.

FLUNKER, waste of an hour and a half.

I agree with your sentiments even though I think I'd give it higher than a 0.5 rating.

I didn't go in with any real expectations, didn't really look up reviews, ratings, etc, just needed to kill some time at the movies, so I randomly chose that one. I appreciate that it was a new twist on the slasher pic, a somewhat clever parody of the genre but it just seemed... stupid to me. I know it was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek comedy as much as a horror flick, but still, just didn't work for me.
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #11282
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
The whole concept and the final act. Pure entertainment.

Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #11283
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #11284
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh Skywalker, my fellow Blue Jay fan. I am disappoint.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #11285
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what am I missing?

All the actors were terrible besides the main girl who was OK and likeable, the idea of this lab with everyday people working there who -- SPOILERS-- watch people die and get sacrificed for some ancient demonic force --SPOILERS-- is just retarded. Worst movie I've seen since hobo with a shotgun.

It was so bad I skipped thru the end of it I made it to the part SPOILERS the mermaid monster killed that lab manager guy, honestly what the fck.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #11286
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

The Avengers - 9/10
Loved this one. Felt bad about Norton not being in it, but at the end Ruffalo really did a great job. Feels like whole team has amazing chemistry.

The Dark Knight Rises - 10/10
Just got home from this one and absolutely loved it! It's maybe 10 because I'm still under impression, but it ain't lower than 9.5
What an amazing job Nolan did with this trilogy, damn, I want more...

Last edited by jamal99 : 08-22-2012 at 08:09 PM.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #11287
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really enjoyed Cabin in the Woods and the opening credits are among my favorite ever.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #11288
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Hunger games 6/10... I had high expectations for the movie since it got good reviews. The concept of the movie was done before, to perfection i must say, it was called battle royale. So the idea of people being coerced to kill each other in an island to made an example of is not a mind blowing thing. I realize that this was based on a book and it must follow the plot to make the sequels but still for me it lacked energy, gore and excitement.. Hey maybe the book is good..
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #11289
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

7/10

haven't seen a pure action movie in a while so this was a good surprise to me.
Some action scenes were too long but overall action intensity kept me entertained.
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #11290
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I'm watching it right now, but I stopped.

I can't get past how cheap it looks. It looks like a straight to DVD or a Sci FY movie, this doesn't look like a blockbuster film at all.

Then there's the acting….. really? this makes Gi Joe appear award worthy.

So far even the FX look like they're on a budget.

I may revisit this on a later date, but this shit is bad and obviously for me, unwatchable.

there's no real weak link in the acting. in fact, hiddleston as 'loki' is the best cast villain i've seen in a long time. i was impressed with his performance in thor but i left even more impressed after avengers. he legitimately makes you hate his character which is exactly what a villain should elicit.

maybe i'm missing something but bringing up gi joe makes me think you're trolling. some of the acting in that movie was so out of place, it was cringe worthy.

the FX were not michael bay over the top. i personally hate when they take it too far and things 'obviously' look fake. that's why i always prefer movies where it's all real stunts. it just allows you to get into the movie more.

like almost all movies, it has its flaws, but i found them to be very minor in general. acting and CGI were definitely not one of the flaws. the movie does so many things well.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-23-2012 at 07:39 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #11291
po3try
Go Clippers!

po3try has not been impressing people

The Jerk, hilarious classic 80s movie with Steve Martin, give it 8 out of 10.
po3try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #11292
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hope Springs - 6/10. Well, it was date night with the gf and she's been wanting to see this really bad. The most impressive part of the film was that everything was very real and believable, no hollywood fluff or glamorization. The acting by Streep, Lee Jones, and Carrell was rather enjoyable as well. Carrell played a very serious and straight character as opposed to his comedic ways. Lee Jones was hilarious as an old grumpy man, but still had depth and emotion in his character. Would have been a higher rating if it wasn't a chick flick. Most of the people in the theater were old people, rather cute
D-Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #11293
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by po3try
The Jerk, hilarious classic 80s movie with Steve Martin, give it 8 out of 10.

The Jerk is potentially my favorite comedy ever.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #11294
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Avengers BluRay hit news groups the other day so I watched it again. Instant classic.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #11295
po3try
Go Clippers!

po3try has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
The Jerk is potentially my favorite comedy ever.

Maybe mine to, i love all his other comedies from the 80s aswell and i was wrong about The Jerk being from the 80s, its 1979 but yea close enough.
po3try is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: