Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #11296
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Is Immortals really that bad as my friends are telling me? Two of my friends said its terrible I thought it'd be really good idk tho anyone seen it?
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #11297
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Is Immortals really that bad as my friends are telling me? Two of my friends said its terrible I thought it'd be really good idk tho anyone seen it?

I've seen a couple people here that just loved it, but for the most part, I have only heard terrible things. I also thought it looked terrible. I will probably never watch it myself.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #11298
po3try
Go Clippers!

po3try has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge

Listen to your friends.
po3try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #11299
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When do you guys think you'll be going to the theaters next? I'm looking forward to Lawless.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #11300
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Though Premium Rush has been getting good reviews...74% on RT. Might see a double feature when Lawless is out.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #11301
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
When do you guys think you'll be going to the theaters next? I'm looking forward to Lawless.

beasts of the southern wild, which is out over there already.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #11302
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Prolly thanksgiving break now cuz school starts Monday Last movie I watched in theater was Dark Knight Rises mid night premiere. Watched 30 movies on blu ray this summer tho & didn't rate any of them lol.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #11303
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I started re-watching the Bourne trilogy since I just bought them on Blu-ray.

The Bourne Identity is even better the 2nd time around. I remember at that time being skeptical about Matt Damon being an action star and looking back now, I can't picture anyone else doing as good of a job in these movies. It's such a tightly scripted and well-pace thriller. The key is having two very likable characters in the lead roles. The Bourne Identity is a 9/10 movie for me. A modern action movie that will go down as a classic, IMO.

Onto the Bourne Supremacy next. I remember being kinda "meh" on this one when I first watched it. It definitely stands out as the weakest of the 3 in my memory.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #11304
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Bourne Legacy - 6.5-7/10

I enjoyed it, not as much as the other Bourne movies, but it was pretty good. Anybody know if more Bourne movies are coming out? cuz judging from the ending, it sure felt like it.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 AM   #11305
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I started re-watching the Bourne trilogy since I just bought them on Blu-ray.

The Bourne Identity is even better the 2nd time around. I remember at that time being skeptical about Matt Damon being an action star and looking back now, I can't picture anyone else doing as good of a job in these movies. It's such a tightly scripted and well-pace thriller. The key is having two very likable characters in the lead roles. The Bourne Identity is a 9/10 movie for me. A modern action movie that will go down as a classic, IMO.

Onto the Bourne Supremacy next. I remember being kinda "meh" on this one when I first watched it. It definitely stands out as the weakest of the 3 in my memory.
Bro me too! I watched Identity last Friday watching Supremacy tonight.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #11306
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm

there's no real weak link in the acting. in fact, hiddleston as 'loki' is the best cast villain i've seen in a long time. i was impressed with his performance in thor but i left even more impressed after avengers. he legitimately makes you hate his character which is exactly what a villain should elicit.

maybe i'm missing something but bringing up gi joe makes me think you're trolling. some of the acting in that movie was so out of place, it was cringe worthy.

the FX were not michael bay over the top. i personally hate when they take it too far and things 'obviously' look fake. that's why i always prefer movies where it's all real stunts. it just allows you to get into the movie more.

like almost all movies, it has its flaws, but i found them to be very minor in general. acting and CGI were definitely not one of the flaws. the movie does so many things well.

I wish I was trolling, but from the short amount of time that I did watch it, I didn't like it.

I know… I know… it's a 'comic' movie. But even then, some of the acting didn't do it for me. And again… the LOOK, by look I don't mean the stunts or fx. By LOOK I mean the picture itself, it doesn't look like a blockbuster movie. When films are shot they're processed, this seems like a daily at times.

And yeah… some of the fx look very CGI. The best CGI is the one you can't tell it's CGI, and in some of these scenes you can blatantly tell.

Again… I must reiterate, I turned it off 30 minutes into it (approximately), maybe I'll change my mind later on who knows.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #11307
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate when people like andgar watch 30 min of a movie and somehow feel that they have a valid opinion on the movie..

I also, felt that the beginning portion of The Avenger was a bit campy and disjointed... But since I didn't just give up on it based on assumptions on what would come next, I kept on watching and was pleasantly surprised.

The movie kept on getting better and better.. And that campy chaotic action that we saw at the start of film was feeble in comparison to what we got by the end.

If you give up on a movie 20-30 min in, then you forfeit any right to evaluate or pass judgment on it. A movie is a sum of its parts... There are a plethora of movies that have shaky introductions but progress into something worthy of the time spent. Having resolute and satisfying conclusions that made the commitment to trudging through it be worth it.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #11308
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't get over how good Chloe Grace Moretz is in Kick-Ass. I liked the movie a good bit, but whenever I reflect on it I go back to "holy shit, Hit Girl was awesome." Going to be fun watching her and Maisie Williams for the next 40 years or so.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #11309
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I hate when people like andgar watch 30 min of a movie and somehow feel that they have a valid opinion on the movie..

I also, felt that the beginning portion of The Avenger was a bit campy and disjointed... But since I didn't just give up on it based on assumptions on what would come next, I kept on watching and was pleasantly surprised.

The movie kept on getting better and better.. And that campy chaotic action that we saw at the start of film was feeble in comparison to what we got by the end.

If you give up on a movie 20-30 min in, then you forfeit any right to evaluate or pass judgment on it. A movie is a sum of its parts... There are a plethora of movies that have shaky introductions but progress into something worthy of the time spent. Having resolute and satisfying conclusions that made the commitment to trudging through it be worth it.

I agree with you.

But my main issue was the 'look' of the film. I wouldn't mind campy if it's done properly and I have faith in Joss, but I simply couldn't get past the 'look'. Maybe it was a bad 720p rip dunno. I'll wait for a better quality version of the film. I did state that I may change my opinion, which meant that it wasn't my final one.

But what if a movie is just really crappy from the get go? are you gonna stay and watch the entire film? I've stopped watching many shows and films because the writing and acting was just that bad. I'm not being a snob about it, since I've seen 2012 a billion times, but some films just suck and don't hold any interest for me to keep watching.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #11310
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I agree with you.

But my main issue was the 'look' of the film. I wouldn't mind campy if it's done properly and I have faith in Joss, but I simply couldn't get past the 'look'. Maybe it was a bad 720p rip dunno. I'll wait for a better quality version of the film. I did state that I may change my opinion, which meant that it wasn't my final one.

But what if a movie is just really crappy from the get go? are you gonna stay and watch the entire film? I've stopped watching many shows and films because the writing and acting was just that bad. I'm not being a snob about it, since I've seen 2012 a billion times, but some films just suck and don't hold any interest for me to keep watching.
If you watch it in its entirety and find it displeasing, its all good. Maybe it really won't fit your taste. That would just be what it be.

However, a couple things you mentioned:

You just said you trust Joss but by your actions you proved otherwise.. If you had really trusted him, you would have given him the benefit of the doubt and watched more than simply a fifth of the movie.

The look part, I guess could just be preference. However, the 'look' does change throughout the movie and becomes a lot less Michael Bay-ish.. Im guessing that your basing a lot of your opinion on that initial frenetic shooting scene with Loki/Haweye and Fury.. If that's so, you dont really have an idea of where the visuals are going. Although it is immensely CGI driven.. But with the comic book elements it employs there's really no getting around that.

You mention that it doesn't look like a blockbuster, yet had you seen the remaining two hours, you most surely would have come to see where it was spent. You literally saw but a prelude scene that was necessary plot info.. That start is a very bad sample for what the movie is as a whole. Im not saying youll end up loving the CGI visuals but viewing it all will give you a different perspective. The movie is filled with humor.. But you could never guess that by merely watching the sample that you did.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: