Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #11326
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I agree Tommy shoulda won

Last edited by Skywalker : 08-24-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #11327
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
should spoiler tag that

but I agree Tommy shoulda won

Sorry. Fixed.

Yeah that ending really pissed me off but it was great otherwise.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #11328
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Moonrise Kingdom is apparently playing now in the theater in town...will have to check out tomorrow night.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #11329
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Moonrise Kingdom is apparently playing now in the theater in town...will have to check out tomorrow night.

nice, let us know with an in depth review!
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #11330
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
nice, let us know with an in depth review!
Will do. (not sure if sarcastic btw lol)

There's actually a 2 for 1 double feature tomorrow...Moonrise Kingdom and To Rome With Love. I've heard mostly average and negative things about the latter film, but will give it a try since it'll only be $4 for both movies
Old 08-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #11331
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

I just saw "Super 8".

8.5/10

Interesting movie. Watch that shit if u have a chance.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #11332
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
I just saw "Super 8".

8.5/10

Interesting movie. Watch that shit if u have a chance.
Rather enjoyed that flick, was fun to see kids in it as well instead of teens or college students, took me back a few years.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #11333
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Rather enjoyed that flick, was fun to see kids in it as well instead of teens or college students, took me back a few years.

yep, i liked that retro feel to it. it didn't hurt that the kid actors were all very good. honestly, some of the best kid acting i've seen since 'the goonies'
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #11334
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
That was the one w/ "Agent Doggit" in it, right?

I remember enjoying it when I saw it a decade or so ago.

Yes, T1000 was in it. As were a ton of famous actors. I was shocked at how many recognizable people were in it.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #11335
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

Young Guns.

(The story of Billy the kid.)
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:31 AM   #11336
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
Young Guns.

(The story of Billy the kid.)
best Western ever made
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:11 AM   #11337
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bourne Legacy - 8/10

Madagascar III - 4/10

Employee of the Month - 5/10

Men in Black III - 8/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #11338
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

7/10

ok, this started off good. i laughed at some of the absurdities, but overall, i just thought it went on for a bit too long. i think 20 minutes or so could have been cut. there were a couple lull periods. i also think they could have given sal some more lines.

the acting was top notch and i understand a lot of it was meant as satire, but i don't really understand why this movie is so highly praised. i also get that it was an early hostage situation in a major city that hadn't had much experience at all in that realm. it also tried to show how people dealt under pressure but some of it felt contrived. i do give credit for the raw visuals though...very solid for a movie made in 1975. it just seemed to really tiptoe the line of incredulous and calm seriousness.

maybe it was so well ahead of its time and i can't grasp that. maybe i was just tired. it didn't scream instant classic to me. it doesn't have to do with being 'old'. hitchcock's psycho is one of my favs. for now, i just lump it into my overrated list, which includes crash, inglorious basterds, forrest gump, snatch, ocean's eleven, cloverfield, expendables, etc. that's a whole other topic. i'm sure if a thread was made on overrated/underrated movies, there'd be endless arguing and bickering. to each their own.

i can't explain other things without a couple spoilers so here goes....

spoilers in white:

funny moments included:

- the whole heist seemed like a botchfest, so the first 15 or so minutes was pretty funny to me

- when sonny was screaming 'attica! attica! attica!' and the crowd got behind him. it was well acted and i guess it was intended as a dramatic scene...but again, i just kinda chuckled

- when sonny ran to the backroom and shot at the window

- sal not knowing wisconsin was a state

- just some of the negotiating scenes in general. it was kinda cartoonish. again, i know the times were much different back then and they didn't have tactical forces and snipers but it still felt kinda off to me

- couple other things i'm missing but man, this was almost mostly a comedy for me

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-25-2012 at 11:13 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #11339
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

a word on warrior-

do people not realise they are watching a b movie through and through? when i saw it it felt like the epitome of the straight to video 80/90's b movie martial arts film. if this had been made a few years ago it would have had van damme, jeff wincott, dolph lundgren, don the dragon wilson in it.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #11340
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
a word on warrior-

do people not realise they are watching a b movie through and through? when i saw it it felt like the epitome of the straight to video 80/90's b movie martial arts film. if this had been made a few years ago it would have had van damme, jeff wincott, dolph lundgren, don the dragon wilson in it.

The acting was >>>>>>> than straight to DVD.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: