Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2012, 03:31 AM   #11371
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Been wanting to watch these two movies for the longest... Finally watched both this week.

Boogie Nights: 8/10. Didn't know the movie was going to be that long, but still very good, Burt Reynolds was very good in it.

City of God: 9/10. Heard all the hype, lived up to its expectations.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:05 AM   #11372
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Vertigo - I have seen many of Hitchcock's films (and like the Bond movies, I have the whole collection of Hitchcock films), but never got around to this, one of his most famous. It was very different from what I was expecting. A lot more romance to the story and less focus on his fear of heights than I was expecting. Still, a very interesting story even though I'm not a big romance fan. 7/10

Vertigo becomes deeper and richer on subsequent viewings. Precisely because once you put aside what you expect to be, you find out what it's really about.

The Big Lebowski is another movie like that.

Saw this in bookstore the other day

KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #11373
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

Like Crazy: 5.5/10

I couldn't believe that a male friend told me to watch this. Their relationship was so annoying. The main guy looks like he is a teenage girl and the only reason I stuck with it was because I thought the British girl was really hot. I tryed watching this a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get past the first 15 minutes due to it being so girly, it gets more interesting but still very annoying.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #11374
ihoopallday
King James

Titanic. It was on HBO last night. Couldn't resist.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #11375
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Oh shit! The Words has been advertised like it is some very powerful drama that is Oscar worthy. It only has 17% on RT.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #11376
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Oh shit! The Words has been advertised like it is some very powerful drama that is Oscar worthy. It only has 17% on RT.
Holy shit man, the exact same thoughts were in my mind 10 seconds ago and came to see this thread because of it...

just saw the trailer on tv, looks riveting and all deep...Google it and 17% is just what the ****?
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #11377
irondarts

I really enjoyed this movie, is was very good. I enjoyed all of the characters as well as the story. Zack G was very good in this.

7.5/10

This movie was just fvcking weird and pretty damn depressing. I enjoyed Patton Oswalt in it, though.

6/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #11378
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

caught all three big opening films this weekend.

another solid, brutal hillcoat film, hardy and shia(who i am fully onboard with and predict great things from) are very good, support is also strong. not nick caves best scoring but still very solid film. 7.5/10

this was such a huge dissapointment. too theatrical to be dramatic, not cinematic enough to engage visually. although sets are impressive. a huge failure from joe wright. 5/10

oh yes! do not be put off by the horrendous trailer, this is how to do comic book films, simple, hugely bloody and excessively violent and visceral fun, you know, like a comic book.... one of the few comic book films ever with any balls whatsoever 8/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #11379
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Step Up: Revolution - 4/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #11380
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

The Hunger Games

It's somewhat surprising that I haven't seen this film until now especially since I'm in it. Yeah if you're very good with the pause button you can actually see me in 3 scenes, all of which I'm wearing a ridiculous neon green blazer: 1. When Donald Southerland first welcomes the recruits (contestants? I forget what they were called) filmed in Charlotte's Latta Arcade, with obvious cgi enhancements. 2. In an early outdoor scene with Woody Harrelson filmed outside the Mint Museum. 3. In the first crowd scene where Stanley Tucci interviews Katniss filmed in the Knight Theater. It was a fun way to spend my day off.

Anyways, back to the film: I found it mildly amusing as a sci-fi concept at first but the action tended to drag at times and by the end it had turned into a Twilight-like teen romance. Some points for style, overall 4/10.

My performance 10/10
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #11381
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

The Raid Redemption 8.5/10. This is an awesome action flick. Thereís a story there, but this is strictly for action aficionados. Lots of good gun play in the first half of the movie and lots of great martial arts combat in the second half. Thereís a few moments where you can catch your breath, but then itís back to mayhem. Iko Uwais, the Indonesian main star, is an up and coming action star. I would like to see him in a movie with Scott Adkins in the future.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #11382
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster

A Serious Man: 7/10. A nice and in times hilarious film, yet a bit slow (although on purpose) and playing on the nerves. The ending was a little disappointing. The lead guy reminds me of MILTOn with his calm and polite character being absolutely taken advantage of by others. Didn't like that it was about jews, too much of a <that guy, what's his name, woody alen>. Would have loved the film more if I hadn't known such a concept from before. Good, funny and interesting movie about one uninteresting man, overall.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #11383
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

21 Jump Street: 7.5/10

Hilarious, but pretty predictable. I already figured out who the supplier of the drugs were before it was even revealed.
Also, James Franco's little brother is a pretty good actor.
I was drunk while watching it, btw, and I still remember it pretty vividly. Yay for me!
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #11384
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
The Hunger Games

It's somewhat surprising that I haven't seen this film until now especially since I'm in it. Yeah if you're very good with the pause button you can actually see me in 3 scenes, all of which I'm wearing a ridiculous neon green blazer: 1. When Donald Southerland first welcomes the recruits (contestants? I forget what they were called) filmed in Charlotte's Latta Arcade, with obvious cgi enhancements. 2. In an early outdoor scene with Woody Harrelson filmed outside the Mint Museum. 3. In the first crowd scene where Stanley Tucci interviews Katniss filmed in the Knight Theater. It was a fun way to spend my day off.

Anyways, back to the film: I found it mildly amusing as a sci-fi concept at first but the action tended to drag at times and by the end it had turned into a Twilight-like teen romance. Some points for style, overall 4/10.

My performance 10/10

Wow 4/10 for the Hunger Games?

I really just don't understand people sometimes...
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #11385
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Wow 4/10 for the Hunger Games?

I really just don't understand people sometimes...

I really only gave it that many because of my stellar film debut.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: