Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #11386
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I didn't like Hunger Games that much at all. It seemed to me that someone saw Battle Royale and tired to incorporate some of those ideas into something new and did a poor job. 4/5 seems right.

Last film i saw was I SAW THE DEVIL. Brutal film (2nd time i saw it) and unrelenting. Engaging from start to finish but doesn't leave you really satisfied, but that's actually the point.

8/10
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #11387
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
It's somewhat surprising that I haven't seen this film until now especially since I'm in it. Yeah if you're very good with the pause button you can actually see me in 3 scenes, all of which I'm wearing a ridiculous neon green blazer: 1. When Donald Southerland first welcomes the recruits (contestants? I forget what they were called) filmed in Charlotte's Latta Arcade, with obvious cgi enhancements. 2. In an early outdoor scene with Woody Harrelson filmed outside the Mint Museum. 3. In the first crowd scene where Stanley Tucci interviews Katniss filmed in the Knight Theater. It was a fun way to spend my day off.

Anyways, back to the film: I found it mildly amusing as a sci-fi concept at first but the action tended to drag at times and by the end it had turned into a Twilight-like teen romance. Some points for style, overall 4/10.

My performance 10/10

Pshhht, get back to us when Al Pacino signs on to play YOU in a movie.

Starface the actor>>>>>>>Rufuspaul the actor. These are facts.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #11388
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #11389
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #11390
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shawshank Redemption- 8/10

Saw this for the first time a few nights ago. Don't see how it gets GOAT status but it was a good movie. Was the main character ever big in any other flicks?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #11391
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

Saw this for the first time a few nights ago. Don't see how it gets GOAT status but it was a good movie. Was the main character ever big in any other flicks?

Other than being Andy Duphrain, Tim Robbins is probably best known as know nothing know it all young punk pitching phenom Nook Laloosh in Bull Durham, where he learns the ropes of baseball and love from grisselled catching veteran Kevin Costner.
After that it's probably for marrying his other Bull Durham Co-Star, Susan Sarranden, who's appeal has always struck me as a little overblown, and together they were famous for a little while for being social activist blowhards to a degree.
The next thing that pops to mind to me is his maguffin role in Mystic River, which was memorable even though I found him a tad annoying.
He's also considered funny, with a few memorable SnL moments to his credit, although none that come to mind at the moment.
I remember him cashing in on his Nook Laloosh character with a similar goofball character next to Robin Williams at his manic comic peak in Cadillac Man.
And I remember him in The Hudsucker Proxy, but that's mostly because I'm a Cohen Bros. fan.

Looking at that, it's actually a little weird he's as famous as I percieve him to be.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #11392
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've seen Mystic River, weird I didn't remember him from that til now.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #11393
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

Tim Robbins was awesome back in the day. Check out Jacob's Ladder. Awesome movie.

Other pretty good movies with Tim Robbins in major roles:
Hudsucker Proxy
Nothing to Lose (buddy comedy with Martin Lawrence)
Bob Roberts
Bull Durham
Mystic River
Arlington Road

And who can forget this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zro4CfP9wY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu7xiJ_HD6c
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #11394
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Amores Perros - 9/10

Saw this a few years back, but I forgot some parts so I decided to watch it again on Netflix. Amazing film, it really hits your heart. Me being Mexican makes me like the film even more.

Last edited by 1987_Lakers : 09-14-2012 at 05:42 PM.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #11395
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

F*cking awesome.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #11396
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK. 8/10

A different style for the director of Oldboy (and other great films), but still really cool.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #11397
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Beasts of the Southern Wild.

Just a bizarre, stunningly beautifull film. In all honestly, I'm not entirely sure how to even grade it. It's really all over the place, and it does so many things well, it's hard to fully explain where the weaknesses are, although I think it's major flaw is it's touches on so much none of it seems complete.

The world they dump you in, The Bathtub, would've been fine for me to simply be dropped in and explored. Along with it's mish mosh of fringe society people, who are one of the problems with the thing, because none of them are given any real due at all. Other than the two main characters obviously. The entire environment is film worthy in and of itself.

And the mythology, which probably isn't the right word, perhaps philosophy, of the movie, is another thing that's really sort skimmed across in a way that's hard to explain. It's more in the tone of the thing, and it allows for the visceral effects element to sort of exist in such a minimal way without feeling rediculous.

And then there's the melodrama. Both the little girl and the father are excellent. It's a really touching, moving story, and it did in fact seem that my allergies were acting up toward the end of the movie.

I'm not entirely sure what I think as a whole other than that I really liked it, it was pretty to look at, and it was actively emotional. Then again I haven't eaten in over 28 hours and I'm operating on 5 hours sleep.

But I'd score it somewhere in the mid 80s. Not quite the Oscar worthy piece I've heard some describe it is, but certainly worth seeing and an incredibly noble endevour by it's creators.

And for whatever it's worth, my new desktop for a little while.

http://kpbs.media.clients.ellingtonc...8 a6025dcea0e
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #11398
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Shooter 7/10

Solid action film. I felt that it tried to be Bourne but fell short.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #11399
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Beasts of the Southern Wild.

Just a bizarre, stunningly beautifull film. In all honestly, I'm not entirely sure how to even grade it. It's really all over the place, and it does so many things well, it's hard to fully explain where the weaknesses are, although I think it's major flaw is it's touches on so much none of it seems complete.

The world they dump you in, The Bathtub, would've been fine for me to simply be dropped in and explored. Along with it's mish mosh of fringe society people, who are one of the problems with the thing, because none of them are given any real due at all. Other than the two main characters obviously. The entire environment is film worthy in and of itself.

And the mythology, which probably isn't the right word, perhaps philosophy, of the movie, is another thing that's really sort skimmed across in a way that's hard to explain. It's more in the tone of the thing, and it allows for the visceral effects element to sort of exist in such a minimal way without feeling rediculous.

And then there's the melodrama. Both the little girl and the father are excellent. It's a really touching, moving story, and it did in fact seem that my allergies were acting up toward the end of the movie.

I'm not entirely sure what I think as a whole other than that I really liked it, it was pretty to look at, and it was actively emotional. Then again I haven't eaten in over 28 hours and I'm operating on 5 hours sleep.

But I'd score it somewhere in the mid 80s. Not quite the Oscar worthy piece I've heard some describe it is, but certainly worth seeing and an incredibly noble endevour by it's creators.

And for whatever it's worth, my new desktop for a little while.

http://kpbs.media.clients.ellingtonc...8 a6025dcea0e

equal parts malick and herzhog with magic realism? as i am led to believe by the trailer?

this is why it is top 3 most anticipated films of the year for me. and i almost never get excited by content.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #11400
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lawless - 7.5/10 - The action, dialogue, and acting were very good in this film. Loved the 30's-era feel and setting as well, Shia, Hardy, and Pearce were brilliant. I felt the plot was not as strong as it could have been, for example: Gary Oldman's character should have played a bigger role. Guy Pearce's character was ruthless though, was worth seeing for this alone.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: