Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #11416
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

looper has a 100% rating after 25 reviews on RT: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/looper/

and how many damn movies has JGL been in this year?
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #11417
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

also, anybody looking forward to argo? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024648/

who knew afflek would turn out to be such a boss director? big fan of gone baby gone and the town and this looks like his most ambitious film yet. he has some serious potential as a director/screenwriter. don't forget that he wrote much of good will hunting and chasing amy but i'm looking more forward to his directed films and i hope he sticks with it.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #11418
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Anybody saw The Dark Knight Returns part 1 yet? Fucking awesome.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #11419
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
Anybody saw The Dark Knight Returns part 1 yet? Fucking awesome.
Downloading right now, thanks for the reminder.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #11420
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Anyone else seen the trailer for that new movie Looper ? Is it just me or does it look like one of the worst/stupidest movies ever made ?

According to early reviews, you are way off base: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/looper/

So far it is at 100% with an avg rating of 8.6/10 with 26 reviews. I am not super stoked, because some critics are saying it is the best movie of the year.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #11421
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
According to early reviews, you are way off base: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/looper/

So far it is at 100% with an avg rating of 8.6/10 with 26 reviews. I am not super stoked, because some critics are saying it is the best movie of the year.
I'm super excited for this movie!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #11422
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
I'm super excited for this movie!

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #11423
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

affleck does it again? http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/argo_2012/

15 fresh/1 rotten

can't wait. haven't been to the movies since TDKR
Old 09-18-2012, 01:22 AM   #11424
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I guess so.

The trailer still looks bizarre to me. Guess I'm wrong, maybe I'll go see it.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #11425
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Men In Black 3 - 7/10
Battleship - 6/10
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #11426
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
I guess so.

The trailer still looks bizarre to me. Guess I'm wrong, maybe I'll go see it.

That's exactly what I thought. It looked like one of those movies that they try to take an interesting concept and fail to deliver at all (something along the lines of limitless, chronicle, etc.).
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #11427
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster

The last possession. 2/10.

The Director essentially said "Hey guys remember The Exorcist? Well, let's re-do it except take out the things that made it great and add a stupid plot line that is so incredibly generic and scare tactics even a five year old can see coming that aren't even scary"

It gets 2 points because I laughed at some of the scenes. But Goddamn that pissed me off. One of the few movies that I can say was not worth the money.

EDIT: Woohoo 1000 posts
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #11428
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Just noticed my typo. *now
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #11429
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

haven't watched a movie in a while but....

7/10. decent, nothing great. had some nice motifs going there but i don't think it really went beyond the surface.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #11430
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Watched Man Bites Dog (1992) last night.

Rather disturbing film, but quite good, and definitely worth seeing.

I'd give it around a 7.8/10 probably.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: