Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #11446
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

I sorta felt like it was sort of implying

Yeah, that part I got. But what led up to that seemed either missing or underplayed too much.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #11447
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looper - 9/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #11448
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Looper - 9/10

Me too. I thought it was really cool. I guess I dig Rian Johnson, because I liked The Brothers Bloom, and I loved Brick.
I can't get a handle on his style though. Brick was uniquely unique. And it was that even as it was a total parody of the Noir film genre. It was like someone stuffed Chinatown into a High School. Bloom for me felt like a Wes Anderson movie.
This movie obviously borrows from a lot of material. The time travel thing is an obvious recall to Terminator. But there was something about it stylistically that reminded me strangely of an M. Night Shamalyn movie. Something about the way it looked. Maybe it was the farm setting. Maybe the big presence from the kid. The vague supernatural element. The light comic sprinklings. There's a scene where both JGL and the guys trying to catch him are chasing Bruce Willis, then all of a sudden he's gone and they both realize JGL will do, it's got an almost cartoon type take to it. There's a few moments like that. There's a mild twist ending too.
I wasn't crazy about the kid, but he had a nice reveal. I felt like the relationship with the stripper was weak, felt tacked on, and it's plot mechanic could've been achieved in a smoother fashion. But whatever.

I really liked the Paul Dano arc. I seem to have some weird fetish for people's percetions of the not to distant future for some reason. Emily Blunt was awesome, and looked spectacular too boot.

It's not the best movie I've seen all year, but it may be favorite so far. I'd give it a high 80s, and strongly recommend it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #11449
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

7/10
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #11450
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looper 9/10

1st or 2nd favorite of the year.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #11451
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looper 9/10. Awesome, better than I expected. That child actor was really good.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #11452
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just to reiterate. Looper was awesome.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #11453
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Snatch: 8.5/10- I absolutely love heist movies. Especially swash buckling, topsy turvy, convoluted ones. So why it took me until tonight to finally see Snatch I have no idea.

And damn was it worth the wait. I loved this movie. It took a minute to seet up but once it did it was off to the races with very entertaining, and crazy situations. I like how it worked out all the characters, I liked the circumstance, the black crew had me rollin... it was great.

I still have on my list the Italian Job, but that's not on Netflix. In fact neither is Ocean's 11, or any other movies like it. I may watch The Good, The Bad, The Weird, but I don't think it's in the same vein as those movies.

Anyway, I liked the first Oceans better, but this is as good a comedy heist movie you'll want to see.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #11454
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Snatch: 8.5/10- I absolutely love heist movies. Especially swash buckling, topsy turvy, convoluted ones. So why it took me until tonight to finally see Snatch I have no idea.

And damn was it worth the wait. I loved this movie. It took a minute to seet up but once it did it was off to the races with very entertaining, and crazy situations. I like how it worked out all the characters, I liked the circumstance, the black crew had me rollin... it was great.

I still have on my list the Italian Job, but that's not on Netflix. In fact neither is Ocean's 11, or any other movies like it. I may watch The Good, The Bad, The Weird, but I don't think it's in the same vein as those movies.

Anyway, I liked the first Oceans better, but this is as good a comedy heist movie you'll want to see.
If you liked it, check this one out too (if you haven't already)
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #11455
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
If you liked it, check this one out too (if you haven't already)

I like Lock Stock more than Snatch, but I love them both.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #11456
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm

7/10
Is that the original or the newer one? I thought the original was pretty messed up. Interesting, but messed up.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #11457
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

El Norte (1983)

Watched this a few nights ago. Helluva movie.

I rate it at 7.9/10
FatComputerNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #11458
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Is that the original or the newer one? I thought the original was pretty messed up. Interesting, but messed up.
The original one was garbage. The new one wasn't great but not bad either. One of the few remakes that's, IMO, clearly better than the original.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #11459
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

Fireproof, avoid it like a plague.

0/10
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #11460
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I like Lock Stock more than Snatch, but I love them both.
Snatch is one of my all time faves and I love Lock Stock too. Watch RocknRolla if you haven't, good Guy Ritchie movie as well.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: