Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #11491
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Fantastic Mr. Fox - 8/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #11492
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Wrestler - 10/10

Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #11493
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the Machinist, 6/10

nicely done but not very suprising story

---

Thor, 4/10

good production I guess but just another standard movie

---

Melancholia, 7/10

pretty images, believable character struggle, nice angle to all those apocalypse movies. Even tho it's only a detail I didn't liked the fact that Justine was somehow psychic. Don't know why, but it bothered me.
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #11494
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
The Wrestler - 10/10

loved that one too. 9/10
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:40 AM   #11495
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fatal Attraction 8/10

Very similar to Play Misty for Me, which I also watched recently, but still enjoyed both.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #11496
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

7/10
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #11497
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

StakeLand

[IMG]http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTg4NTYwNDc0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg1NzM5NA@@._ V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg[/IMG]

7.5/10

Not a typical zombie film, because well… it's about vampires. But they remind me of zombies much more than any version of vampires that I've seen anywhere. These vampires are brain dead, like well…. zombies. They have a slightly higher IQ of a zombie, but no sort of human resemblance after that.

If you're into nice cinematography this has some of that. As you feel the mood and hopeless situation the characters are in. It reminds me of the 'Road' and 'Children of Men' in that sense.

Acting is good all around, and they turn what could've easily been cliched characters, plot lines and sequences into believable ones. I actually cared and rooted for the characters, which I rarely do. And this was for all of them… I didn't wanna see any of the main characters die.

And the sociopolitical theme was present and just escaped being annoying. I do think that the religious criticism was kinda hitting you too hard, but I survived. I don't like when moviemakers try to be slick in shoving their beliefs upon us. They were walking a fine line, but I let it slide (just barely).

Even tho this movie is considered a horror film, it played out more like a Drama with Horror elements. The gore is meh, the scares are weak, but it still worked as movie and solely because the other elements were good.

I must warn ya'll, that this movie moves s l o w, don't go into it expecting a Dawn of the Dead because you'll be very disappointed. There aren't many kills or action sequences either. I am disappointed that they mentioned cannibals but didn't show them.

Very solid film overall, but not for everybody.

7.5/10

my longest movie review on here

Next up…..

We Are What We Are

Last edited by andgar923 : 10-12-2012 at 04:07 AM.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:16 AM   #11498
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Safety Not Guaranteed

I loved it. Geeky: check. Funny: check. Romantic: check. Got that indie feel to please the hipster in you: check. Not to mention it even keeps you guessing. Definitely recommend this film. It has a 7.6 on IMDb, but its easily one of my new favorite movies. 8.5/10
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #11499
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot

Safety Not Guaranteed

I loved it. Geeky: check. Funny: check. Romantic: check. Got that indie feel to please the hipster in you: check. Not to mention it even keeps you guessing. Definitely recommend this film. It has a 7.6 on IMDb, but its easily one of my new favorite movies. 8.5/10
By indie feel to you mean that it feels low budget and the production shows it or that it feels like it was distributed independently and not by a large label? Or the limited availability?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #11500
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
By indie feel to you mean that it feels low budget and the production shows it or that it feels like it was distributed independently and not by a large label? Or the limited availability?

Limited availability; as in i doubt a lot of people will see this movie without it being recommend by someone else. Its gonna be one of those movies you can recommend to someone and they'll thank you after watching because they never even heard of it. Get some credit with hipster chicks, ya know

It doesn't feel low budget though. Though the way its filmed there isn't a lot that needs a big budget to pull off.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #11501
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Limited availability; as in i doubt a lot of people will see this movie without it being recommend by someone else. Its gonna be one of those movies you can recommend to someone and they'll thank you after watching because they never even heard of it. Get some credit with hipster chicks, ya know

It doesn't feel low budget though. Though the way its filmed there isn't a lot that needs a big budget to pull off.
Thanks for the rundown.. I really want to see it myself.. Im a sucker for off beat nerdy flicks. Plus, Audrey Plaza is in it and im a fan of her off kilter humor or characterizations. Plus I hear they did a curious twist with its chosen concept so I got it on my to watch list.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #11502
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Should probably have my man card revoked, but I wasn't the only guy there who was dragged by his gf...to see Pitch Perfect.

It was actually a lot of fun and rather entertaining. Anna Kendrick is even more talented and beautiful than I realized. She's been one of my favs and this just adds to it. Overall it's pretty formulaic but the music adds to it a lot and it's a very funny comedy as well.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #11503
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

6.5/10

don't get the hype and i understand it being a tongue in cheap horror/comedy. the first 30 minutes seemed to set a good tone, but it went downhill from there.

i've seen b movie horrors executed way better, ie latter part of evil dead series and toxic avenger movies. i saw piranha 3D in theaters and enjoyed it much more.

maybe the most overrated movie i've seen this year compared to what i expected. lame cast, lame effects and the monsters, clowns, creatures etc seemed to come out of nowhere with no explanation.

i can appreciate a good b horror comedy, but this was just dull. no real memorable moments aside from a couple zinger one liners. idk, just really average overall.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-13-2012 at 10:25 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #11504
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Looper: 8.5/10 - Really enjoyed it but it lacked something to make it great.

Taken 2: 7/10 - The movie was very sub par but I enjoy seeing Neeson kill Albanians.

Killing Them Softly: 8.5/10 - Excellent movie. I heard it was good but it was different to what I was expecting.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #11505
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

I hate you lebron23. F*cking spoilers man.. Have some damn decency for those that haven't seen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: