Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #11551
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

End of Watch: 10/10. Okay probably not 10/10, but I thought it was a pretty damn awesome movie. Obviously it was filmed in a way to give it a more raw and realistic look into the potential dangers of a cops life in some of the worst neighborhoods in the country. I think it did a pretty good job of that. Some times Gyllenhall's (sp?) acting irked me a bit though. Not to mention that I very much enjoy looking at:

her. When she was singing along to 'Hey Ma' by Cam'ron I officially fell in love.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #11552
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Just watched American Psycho for the first time.

My mind is full of fuck right now. Probably should have payed full attention all the way through. Maybe I still wouldn't have understood it. Or maybe thats the point.

Anyway, I liked it a lot, even with the confusion. Definitely an odd movie but Christian Bale was great. He had some great monologues.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #11553
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

^

one of my favorite movies

the movie is like a comedy / psychothriller

All the lines are great

I suggest reading the book
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #11554
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
End of Watch: 10/10. Okay probably not 10/10, but I thought it was a pretty damn awesome movie. Obviously it was filmed in a way to give it a more raw and realistic look into the potential dangers of a cops life in some of the worst neighborhoods in the country. I think it did a pretty good job of that. Some times Gyllenhall's (sp?) acting irked me a bit though. Not to mention that I very much enjoy looking at:

her. When she was singing along to 'Hey Ma' by Cam'ron I officially fell in love.

I didn't give it a 10, but I reviewed it a bit back and agree completely. Totally enjoyed the gritty feel of it. Really liked the pacing. I also totally fell for her as much as Gyllenhall did. I really enjoyed the sort of miscellaneous cases they did.
I think my only gripe was that the cartel/human trafficking thing didn't make a ton of sense, but whatever. I really enjoyed it too.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #11555
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

*SPOILERS*

Equilibrium: 5/10- This movie had some interesting ideas. But I feel like it botched it a bit. It was a collection of errors that brought the whole movie down. Nothing TOO major except for one flaw that I perceived.

Lemme get that out of the way first. I had a hard time swallowing the idea of the whole injection thing. I understand it was after a war, but I really have a hard time believing people would willingly subject to that. Now maybe it wasn't really willingly, but that's never mentioned or anything. This flaw nagged at me, and wouldn't let up. I think that this movie would ACTUALLY be served well by a little bit of a prequel.

So other than that it's just a bunch of little stuff. The sets were boring, generic dystopian stuff. It was painfully clear the whole reveal thing at the end with the Father to me, so why wouldn't the supposed best logician guy be able to decipher that? Especially AFTER he starts feeling because doubt must be something that became more powerful for him. In fact there were multiple times where he seems like a complete idiot. The finale was way to fast. Slow in the beginning, bloated middle, and then a rushed ending.

Speaking of a rushed ending, I thought it was a cop out to have the final fight between the two clerics be like 5 second long. It's supposed to be what I assume are the two best clerics going at it, and they did before and it was an even match. But it seemed like the director had to cut the fight short because of the following gun kata fight. I felt cheated, because you can see it building, and I wanted to see masters going at it. Not only that but Taye Diggs was actually good in this movie. Maybe because the role involved suppressing emotion, but he was a good bad guy, and I think set up to be the better final boss type guy.

And why was Father so good at gun kata? He can't possible be training as much and as hard as the clerics.

All of these just add up, making this movie passable, but falling far short of what it could be. In better hands this could have been a great sci-fi flick, but as it is it's just another mediocre flick. Gun kata was cool, some of the shots were good, but it really should have been better.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #11556
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

The Cabin in the Woods

7.5 out of 10

Better than I thought. Good sci-fi and action sequences. Also a good amount of gore.

I recommend.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #11557
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stupid ass f*cking theater in our town already stopped playing The Master.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #11558
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
The Cabin in the Woods

7.5 out of 10

Better than I thought. Good sci-fi and action sequences. Also a good amount of gore.

I recommend.
I just watched this for the first time yesterday. Mind blown.

I'd give it a 9 personally, but that's probably because I like fantasy creatures a great deal.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #11559
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Some other must see Hitchcock movies:
North By Northwest
Rear Window
Vertigo
Strangers on a Train
The Birds

The two I haven't seen yet but feel I really must are Rope and Dial M for Murder.

Thanks! I've only seen The Birds out of that list, so I'll definitely give the other ones a look.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #11560
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
^

one of my favorite movies

Same here. It gets a rare 10/10 from me.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #11561
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Both get 8 / 10

I dont know what it is, but man i love 80s and 90s movies... they dont make em like this anymore...

Last edited by pauk : 10-25-2012 at 12:00 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #11562
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chernobyl Diaries. All I've heard is bad things but I somewhat enjoyed it. Typical horror movie, kinda reminded me of The Hills Have Eyes but nowhere near the action\gore and not even close to being as good but had the secluded nuclear survivalist thing going on.

I'd say give it a watch if you really like horror flicks. 5\10, average at best for me.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #11563
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Argo - 9/10

Was an incredible film, will surely win Best Picture. There was of course some variation on the actual story and some dramatization at the end, but an absolutely powerful story. The film was a real nail-biter, I absolutely loved it and was on the edge of my seat throughout.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #11564
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
The Cabin in the Woods

7.5 out of 10

I recommend.
movie was ****in garbage....me and this girl rented it for the night and stopped watchin it half way. that sci fi shit was awful....

.1/10
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #11565
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Friday

6/10
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: