Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #11566
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I finally watched Moonrise Kingdom today and beyond lived up to the hype. Definitively my favorite Anderson film. Perhaps it's just i'm at an age where I'm nostalgic for those magic summer days of childhood but I thought it was an incredibly touching film. The emotion wasn't at all crowded out by the style or dead pan humor.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #11567
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
I finally watched Moonrise Kingdom today and beyond lived up to the hype. Definitively my favorite Anderson film. Perhaps it's just i'm at an age where I'm nostalgic for those magic summer days of childhood but I thought it was an incredibly touching film. The emotion wasn't at all crowded out by the style or dead pan humor.

totally agree. even the score is probably anderson's best
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #11568
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

The Goon - 8/10 pure comedy gold.
30 Minutes or Less - 2/10 pure comedy garbage
Super 8 - 7/10 (expected more from Spielberg to be honest)
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #11569
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth: 1/10. Bad movie. They tried to make the plot seem really deep and convoluted but it failed pretty badly. Easily predictable, mediocre acting, and not even scary at all. One of the worst movies I have watched all the way through.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #11570
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

9/10. Silva and M's arc are the heart of the story.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #11571
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wreck-It Ralph: 8/10- Buckle up for one of my long reviews:

When I first saw the trailer for this movie I thought I can't wait to see this great movie. This is because I thought it was a Pixar movie, and Pixar has been beyond great over the last decade. When I found out that Pixar was not the one's on this movie I downgraded from thinking it was goingn to be great, to expecting a possibly great movie, but most likely a really good one.

And that's exactly what you get with Ralph. This movie was being called the Toy Story of video games. It never reaches that level. It will, possibly unfairly, be compared to TS, but it really isn't the same kind of movie. With a wealth of licenses it opted to instead use them to build this universe using familiar faces. This, I think was an interesting move.

The movie gets a little bit odd at some points. As if it's trying to bust out of the box it puts itself in. Truly this movie could have been stretched into more than one movie. Not plot wise, but Universe building wise. And this does become a bit weird at times when rules of the Universe are introduced like right before they are important to the story.

Now the story is actually good. Not new in any way, in fact it is very familiar. But in the characters themselves. The characters are well built, are well acted by their voices, and are well animated. Here is where the movies shines, specifically in the growth of Ralph himself, and towards the little girl. You have two other characters in Felix Jr. and the Hero's Duty character who are riffs on video game archetypes we are all to familiar with. And it works. It really works. There is a villain that, I can't spoil it, but took me off guard.

There are some powerful moments in this film. Some are quite dark. And I like that, because in a world where danger seems to be nullified you need something that can make threats feel dangerous. Some moments are incredibly touching, and this happens ONLY because we care about these characters.

The movie is all about what makes one what they really are. What makes Ralph bad specifically. Does his job and title define him? (A rather adult theme for a kids movie). And a sub-plot with the little girl works really well to feed into the main story. Point B supports point A. But what this movie never really does, that sets Toy Story apart from just about everything, is talk about our relationship with games.

This is why TS is not a fair comparison. TS is at it's brightest when it is about the relationship a kid can have with his or her toy. One could even argue that it's the foundation of the theme of the movies. Wreck-It never wanders into this territory. It would have been nice to see, but I understand why. It is just using the video game frame to tell an existential type of experience. I heard one critic compare it to Nightmare Before Christmas which... makes sense to me.

But because of it's generic plot, inability to truly connect directly with the nostalgia it's presenting, it can never really get into great territory. Even though it squeezes all the potential it can from it it doesn't have the muster to push it over the top.

Competition is stiff these days for animated movies. But Wreck-It stands among the middle Pixar movies. It will never be confused with TS though, or any of the other standard bearers of it's genre. That shouldn't be counted against it however. See it. Enjoy it. It's as safe a bet for kids as any movie playing, and it's possibly the best animated film this year, but not one of the best of all time.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #11572
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey

Will watch this on stream tonight.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #11573
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Flight-8/10

Very good movie. I'd like to see it again. Denzel was great in this. I just wish they built up his relationship more with a certain character. I don't want to spoil anything, just go see this.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #11574
TexasBloodMoney
Serious playground baller

TexasBloodMoney has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
movie was ****in garbage....me and this girl rented it for the night and stopped watchin it half way. that sci fi shit was awful....

.1/10

You realize that The Cabin in the Woods was making fun of all those gory and predictable scary movies, right?
TexasBloodMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #11575
AI Thornton
Homage to Al Thornton

AI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
movie was ****in garbage....me and this girl rented it for the night and stopped watchin it half way. that sci fi shit was awful....

.1/10

you missed the best part then
AI Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #11576
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Some other must see Hitchcock movies:
North By Northwest
Rear Window
Vertigo
Strangers on a Train
The Birds

The two I haven't seen yet but feel I really must are Rope and Dial M for Murder.

I have those 2 as middle of the pack for Hitchcock. Try Rebecca, Suspicion, Notorious, Shadow of a Doubt, and Spellbound.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #11577
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I have those 2 as middle of the pack for Hitchcock. Try Rebecca, Suspicion, Notorious, Shadow of a Doubt, and Spellbound.

Yeah, Rope is basically a camera exercise. Notorious is really good.

Have you seen that trailer for the Hitchcock movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7vYhtfNM9U
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #11578
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Yeah, Rope is basically a camera exercise. Notorious is really good.

Have you seen that trailer for the Hitchcock movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7vYhtfNM9U
Scarlett is hot as fuck in the trailer.

Edit: Hopkins doesn't look exceptional. I might be wrong once the movie comes out.

Last edited by D-Wade316 : 11-03-2012 at 08:48 AM.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #11579
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Trailer for Despicable Me 2 is energetic.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #11580
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Moonrise Kingdom is really Wes' best flick? I find that hard to believe

I have in on hard drive since no theatre in my area is playing it. Just cant find the time to watch it in one sitting.
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: