Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #11581
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
Moonrise Kingdom is really Wes' best flick? I find that hard to believe

I have in on hard drive since no theatre in my area is playing it. Just cant find the time to watch it in one sitting.
I thought it was ok, nothing too good. It looks great (especially some of the scenes towards the end) but like most Wes Anderson movies, I can't get into the boring characters at all.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #11582
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I thought it was ok, nothing too good. It looks great (especially some of the scenes towards the end) but like most Wes Anderson movies, I can't get into the boring characters at all.

Same for me.

I enjoyed it but it was nothing special.

Which parent lets there 12 year old daughter get felt up on screen as well?
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:29 AM   #11583
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's been a couple months but I thought Moonrise Kingdom sucked. I'm just tired of Wes Anderson. Obviously a number of directors have signature styles and whatnot, but Anderson's movies aren't a style, they're just ****ing lazy. Build an actual character and MOVE THE DAMN CAMERA.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #11584
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Flight.

7/10

Had some good acting and the concept is interesting. There were degrees of realism that the director tried to emulate and which I thought was good but the film overall was way too slow.

Totally worth seeing Nadine Velazquez naked though. I mean, dayum, what a body.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #11585
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu

I liked how it was at the beginning!
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #11586
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Paranormal Activity 4 - It was alright, I'll give it a 5 because it made me jump a bit towards the end.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #11587
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

RED

(Retired and Extremely Dangerous)

I know, old flick.
Still a well put together action comedy, excellent acting, more then enough, "OH SNAP!" moments and explosions...

8.5/10
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #11588
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
Flight.

7/10

Had some good acting and the concept is interesting. There were degrees of realism that the director tried to emulate and which I thought was good but the film overall was way too slow.

This is pretty much my feeling. I'd probably give it a low 80s, and I didn't think the pacing was as bad as you probably. I felt their take on the effects of cocaine was a little rediculous, along with the Harlan character in general. Denzel had moments of genuine greatness.
And I didn't even know who that chick was, but had to IMDB her when I got out of there ... that's how good that body was.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #11589
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

saw wreck it ralph. really good movie; surprised me. i took my nieces with the boat load of movie tickets my girl bought from groupon.

movie started out slow, a bit too slow. it was nice seeing all these video game characters you grew up with, but the humor in the beginning was hella dry. some of the jokes felt too adult oriented - but seeing as this is a "family" film, i kinda expected lighthearted and goofiness from a disney flick.

the thing that made the movie for me was that little girl. once she came in the picture, the movie took off in spades. my god that little girl was hilarious and cute. one of the best characters in disney history, yes i said it, HISTORY! she made the movie for me. such an amazing character with a great arc.

my nieces really enjoyed the movie as i did, and they told me they wanted penelope (i think thats the little girls name) stuff for christmass lol. i think disney did a great job on their first 3d animation flick. will definitely cop this movie for me and them when its released on blu-ray.

9/10
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #11590
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
saw wreck it ralph. really good movie; surprised me. i took my nieces with the boat load of movie tickets my girl bought from groupon.

movie started out slow, a bit too slow. it was nice seeing all these video game characters you grew up with, but the humor in the beginning was hella dry. some of the jokes felt too adult oriented - but seeing as this is a "family" film, i kinda expected lighthearted and goofiness from a disney flick.

the thing that made the movie for me was that little girl. once she came in the picture, the movie took off in spades. my god that little girl was hilarious and cute. one of the best characters in disney history, yes i said it, HISTORY! she made the movie for me. such an amazing character with a great arc.

my nieces really enjoyed the movie as i did, and they told me they wanted penelope (i think thats the little girls name) stuff for christmass lol. i think disney did a great job on their first 3d animation flick. will definitely cop this movie for me and them when its released on blu-ray.

9/10

Her name is Vanillope or something like that, like Vanilla plus Penelope.

Movie was awesome. If you like video games like me it was so fun, with the obvious Donkey Kong, Halo and Mario Kart references for the main three games featured in the movie.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #11591
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Lincoln Lawyer - 7/10
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #11592
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Argo. 7/10
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #11593
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i havent been around in a while but i have to chime in on moonrise kingdom- it is truley a brilliant, funny, beautiful film and i generally dislike all of wes andersons other stuff.

easily a top 5 film of the year so far for me, which, off the top of the head looks something like this

beasts of the southern wild(masterpiece)
moonrise kingdom 9/10
rust and bone 9/10
skyfall 8.5/10
the hunter 8.5/10
cabin in the woods 8.5/10

the hunger games/dark knight rises/prometheus were all very strong, very very good year for comercial film i cant recall a better one tbh.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #11594
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Argo. 7/10

I saw FLIGHT instead.

10/10

Denzel is the $hit.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #11595
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz

9/10

Agree big time that first 30 percent or so of movie was meh... slow and humor was trying way too hard and failing. The last half though was EXTREMELY good and the last 30 mins made me tear up a couple times. I'd give it an 8.5.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: