Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #11626
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Even so, I'd rather have a Dark Knight rip off than the crap fest that was Quantum of Solace.

I actually liked Quantum more (still think it's not a great Bond film) even though it was poorly made in comparison to Skyfall. At least Quantum just had a pissed off Bond and a kind of lame villain. Skyfall was FILLED with plotholes and unresolved plots.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #11627
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The best part of Skyfall was the cinematography and that's not at all a slight on the movie, I thought it was excellent, in the 8 range. Roger Deakins is a f*cking genius though.

The RZA owes me money and a notorized apology for the Man with the Iron Fists
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #11628
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't hate QoS either but I'm a bit of a Bond fanatic so maybe some bias there. It wasn't great but there have been several worse Bonds over the years. Die Another Day, View to a Kill, Man with the Golden Gun, Diamonds are Forever off the top of my head all clearly worse than Quantum IMO. I should probably watch it again though.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #11629
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I didn't hate QoS either but I'm a bit of a Bond fanatic so maybe some bias there. It wasn't great but there have been several worse Bonds over the years. Die Another Day, View to a Kill, Man with the Golden Gun, Diamonds are Forever off the top of my head all clearly worse than Quantum IMO. I should probably watch it again though.

Yup. Definitely agree with you
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #11630
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
The best part of Skyfall was the cinematography and that's not at all a slight on the movie, I thought it was excellent, in the 8 range. Roger Deakins is a f*cking genius though.
Yep. Bond and Patrice against the neon backdrop was jawdropping.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #11631
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Die Another Day was the Bond movie I most associated with my childhood and when I went back and watched it last weekend I was so disappointed lol.

Btw, do they still make good bond video games? I used to love those games back in the day.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #11632
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Die Another Day was the Bond movie I most associated with my childhood and when I went back and watched it last weekend I was so disappointed lol.
It's a strange one since it had one of the best openings of any Bond ever. The whole sequence in Korea was fantastic. Then it all just went downhill at a fast rate.

The last movies in the main series for all the long-term Bonds (Connery, Moore, Brosnan) have been generally awful.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #11633
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
QoS might been my least favorite bond movie. 60% of water rights in bolivia?! oh the humanity
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #11634
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Great movie, I'd give it a 7.5, I liked the first one more though.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #11635
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So I re-watched Brave tonight. On my PS3 in 1080i.

And I do think it's a good movie. In that second tier of Pixar movies.

BUT I think this one is notable for this reason: it's the best looking Pixar movie to date. I sat here in awe the whole time watching it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:29 AM   #11636
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
And I do think it's a good movie. In that second tier of Pixar movies.
How about compared to Wreck it Ralph and the OG Kung Fu Panda?
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #11637
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
How about compared to Wreck it Ralph and the OG Kung Fu Panda?

I would put Kung Fu Panda in the second tier of this particular sort of movie, not great but very good, and Dreamworks' best effort so far.

Wreck It Ralph, the further I get away from seeing it the more I really like what it accomplished. I'll have to see it again I think.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:40 AM   #11638
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I would put Kung Fu Panda in the second tier of this particular sort of movie, not great but very good, and Dreamworks' best effort so far.

Wreck It Ralph, the further I get away from seeing it the more I really like what it accomplished. I'll have to see it again I think.
I don't know man ... I don't know if you're strictly talking from an animation perspective

But I thought Kung Fu Panda / Wreck it Ralp from a story, thematic perspective was a PIXAR caliber quality flick.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #11639
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wreck It Ralph was good fun, but other than the callbacks to old school games (Dr. Robotnik!) at the support group meetings there weren't really many (any?) "jokes for the adults" the way Toy Story and a lot of other Pixar stuff puts in.

It's fun flick and all, but it's definitely a kid's movie. The voice acting was pretty great, I'll definitely give it that.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #11640
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Wreck It Ralph was good fun, but other than the callbacks to old school games (Dr. Robotnik!) at the support group meetings there weren't really many (any?) "jokes for the adults" the way Toy Story and a lot of other Pixar stuff puts in.

It's fun flick and all, but it's definitely a kid's movie. The voice acting was pretty great, I'll definitely give it that.

That's not the point of those movies though.

Wreck it Ralph did a formulaic familiar kind of mediocre storyline, and did it perfectly. That's why it was really good, but couldn't break through to great.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: