Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #11701
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
I recommend this book on the genocide in Rwanda where something like 800, 000 died in less than 4 months

I have a several books on Serbia, Rwanda, and Darfur and this is definitely top two or three for me.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #11702
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Paranorman 7.5/10

Loved it.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #11703
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quick, suggest me any good new(max 3 years old) Western, similar style to 3 to Yuma, thanks
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #11704
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Quick, suggest me any good new(max 3 years old) Western, similar style to 3 to Yuma, thanks

...impossible? They rarely even make Westerns anymore haha. True Grit remake? not similar to Yuma though.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #11705
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Dark Knight: Rises!

There is no other series that compares to these.

Although the Gotham always falls victim as a whole but the details and intricacies of the stories are quite compelling.

10/10

Who's Your Caddy?
7/10

End of Watch
Nice intense police story. It isnt anything overwhelming and the script wasnt special but the acting was good.
7/10

That's My Boy
It had its moments. Typical crass movie.
6/10

Hit and Run
Trash 3/10

Total Recall
Its a solid movie. Nothing special. Visually pleasing but the story premise left a lot to be desired.

6.5/10
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #11706
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

premium rush
6/10

story is kinda lame, but its a different perspective of bike messengers

bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #11707
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^ I saw that as well, I'd agree with what you said.

Holy Motors
Whoa this movie is weird. If i wasn't high when i saw it, the movie would be random as hell. I'm actually still confused about what happen. Denis Lavant is a hell of an actor though. If you have no other reason to watch, watch just to see Denis Lavant's acting skills. Very odd drama. I don't even know what to rate it, doesn't feel like a movie you rate. You just watch and follow. Its worth a checking out.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #11708
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Skyfall

Finally got around to watching it and liked a lot of what they did in this one. First, Craig was great as Bond. His version of the character is as badass as ever and was even pretty smooth in his scenes with the Bond girls. I do wish though that he had shown more emotion when the girl died. The plot was great and especially good because it went deep into many iconic characters including bond himself. Connected with the past of characters such as M. The weakest part of the film would probably be the villain IMO. Too much telling instead of showing for his supposed great skills. Overall, the movie was great and bounced back from QoS (which sucked ass) and was a nice way for the reboot to introduce important characters like Moneypenny and Q.

9.3/10
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 AM   #11709
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Skyfall

Finally got around to watching it and liked a lot of what they did in this one. First, Craig was great as Bond. His version of the character is as badass as ever and was even pretty smooth in his scenes with the Bond girls (there weren't any though). The plot was great and especially good because it went deep into many iconic characters including bond himself (actually his character wasn't explored much at all and had plotholes). Connected with the past of characters such as M. The weakest part of the film would probably be the villain IMO (did we watch the same movie?). Too much telling instead of showing for his supposed great skills. Overall, the movie was great and bounced back from QoS (which sucked ass) and was a nice way for the reboot to introduce important characters like Moneypenny and Q (you must really value fan service).

9.3/10

comments in red
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 AM   #11710
LockoutOver11
KIDD & A.I. ERA

LockoutOver11 has an OK reputation so far

Just saw the Bourne Legacy and Ted. Horrible ****ing movies but Ted was shot better. Bourne's director should never shoot another ****ing thing, but himself.
LockoutOver11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 AM   #11711
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

finally caught up on a few movie. still a few more to check out....

7/10. good movie, well acted. the thing that really kept me from giving it a higher score was the end really. the last 30-45 minutes was bizarro world. spoilers ahead...i thought the whole drumstick sucking thing was just added for shock value imo. it made me uncomfortable that it went on for so long which i guess was the intention but it just seemed...somewhat cheap and tacky and almost a way to fill time. then the final scene just made me laugh with the copious amounts of blood. i don't think that was the intention but there you go. pretty strange ending to an otherwise really good movie.

6/10. it was a lot different than i expected. it had its moments but overall, i didn't really connect to it emotionally as much as many others seemed to. the relationship with the couple at the end was interesting but seemed somewhat forced. it was a bit of a character study but i thought too many characters were barely looked into and that hurt the overall impact. if you do that sort of movie, you have to give it time to develop. that's where this movie suffered with a 95 minute duration. i think if it were given a couple hours, it would have been so much better. still...unique movie that is probably worth checking out.

7/10 this is a documentary but i guess it fits here. sobering reality that is at times crushing. shows what happens when an entity is largely ungoverned with no real jurisdiction. not an anti-american movie as you can probably point out various types of abuse all over the world....it just shows how systematic it has become within the military. don't know how to rate this...it was eye opening but it definitely won't make you feel good at all.

7/10. another really unique movie. it's about a struggling writer (whose been labeled a 'one hit wonder' by many critics). he embarks on his latest creation and it inexplicably shows up in real life. some quirky lines and unexpected moments but the last 20 minutes seemed like a slight cop out to me. it just started to become really formulaic and predictable.

7/10. this is more a movie about the relationship between the two cops than it is about the criminals. michael pena was really awesome in his role and the last scene is just super dramatic (though i still wonder what took the cops so long to arrive). i also wondered why they followed a red light runner into that lobby as well even if they suspected he was carrying shit. seemed like they could have that part a bit more enticing.. entertaining but no 'classic'.

8/10. just a mysteriously engaging film. you never knew really what was going to happen. john c reilly showed some serious acting chops in this as well. then add in hall's performance? gold. the cinematography and screenplay complemented each other greatly. it has this old school feel to it which i really liked. worth a repeat viewing in my book. highly recommended.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 12-03-2012 at 05:15 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #11712
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bourne legacy - 8/10

i liked it. i did have low expectations with the departure of matt damon though. it was fast paced and the plot was less complicated than the previous movies. if you classify it as a popcorn movie, then it definitely is very good.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #11713
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Untouchables 1/10

What a piece of shit this thing was, my god! I couldn't believe how atrocious this film was. Costner was terrible, completely wooden acting in every scene. To my surprise the horrible score of the film was created by the great Ennio Morricone. Such a cheesy film with such shitty dialog, amazed me how there was such little redeeming value in this film.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #11714
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
Untouchables 1/10

What a piece of shit this thing was, my god! I couldn't believe how atrocious this film was. Costner was terrible, completely wooden acting in every scene. To my surprise the horrible score of the film was created by the great Ennio Morricone. Such a cheesy film with such shitty dialog, amazed me how there was such little redeeming value in this film.

I think The Untouchables is overrated, but 1/10?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #11715
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Serios questions: What the **** happened to pete? I went MIA during this time.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: