Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #11821
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

9/10

A brutal action movie, it's a shame the sequels are not even close to the original.
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #11822
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

9 of 10

Beautiful cinematography, RAW violence, dark movie with a dark droning soundtrack, little dialogue, entertainment, originality and its just captivating... not a movie for everybody (might be to slow), but it sure was for me!

Last edited by pauk : 12-30-2012 at 12:44 AM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #11823
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Saw Django earlier, pretty much lived up to my expectations from the time I first saw the trailer- it's Blaxploitation that favors style over substance, but that's a Tarantino hallmark. I couldn't help but feel that this was just one big, expensive excuse for Quentin to throw in as many 'n*ggers' in there as humanly possible. And was it just my imagination or was Sam Jackson just doing his best Uncle Ruckus impersonation out there?

It had some humorous bits, the violence was over the top especially the final shootout. Decent flick overall. 7/10
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #11824
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Saw Django earlier, pretty much lived up to my expectations from the time I first saw the trailer- it's Blaxploitation that favors style over substance, but that's a Tarantino hallmark. I couldn't help but feel that this was just one big, expensive excuse for Quentin to throw in as many 'n*ggers' in there as humanly possible. And was it just my imagination or was Sam Jackson just doing his best Uncle Ruckus impersonation out there?

It had some humorous bits, the violence was over the top especially the final shootout. Decent flick overall. 7/10

You hit the nail on the head here. That crossed my mind a few times while watching this. The way he loved white people reminded me of Ruckus's white worship. He was great though. Samual L Jackson is always great.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #11825
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Falling Down

Surefire cult-classic, and a personal favorite of mine. I remember first watching this flick when I was in early middle-school, so I wasn't old enough to fully appreciate the movie for what it is/was - which was a B movie that would be clowned and frowned upon by critics - but eventually and ultimately solidifying itself as a highly adored, cherished, adventure ... that never seems to get old.

I probably overrate Falling Down and am probably a bit biased but I give it 8/10, easy.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #11826
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Falling Down

Surefire cult-classic, and a personal favorite of mine. I remember first watching this flick when I was in early middle-school, so I wasn't old enough to fully appreciate the movie for what it is/was - which was a B movie that would be clowned and frowned upon by critics - but eventually and ultimately solidifying itself as a highly adored, cherished, adventure ... that never seems to get old.

I probably overrate Falling Down and am probably a bit biased but I give it 8/10, easy.

I was going to order this last night on blu ray. I love that scene where he bitches about the burger looking nothing like the picture on the menu. I also wanted the order another Michael Douglas movie, The Game. You should check that out if you like Douglas.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #11827
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

A few friends of mine said something to the effect of the "shootouts" and violence being "forced" or overkill, but outside of that pretty damn entertaining. It seems like something I'd check up on two years down the road on Netflix; not something I'd race to the theater to see.

I still want to see Flight. I keep telling myself "grab a buddy/chick" and do the damn thang, but it somehow finds itself on the back-burner weekend after weekend.

I've come to the conclusion anything Denzel touches turns to gold, but that's me overrating because we all know his filmography isn't Hollywood's most impressive, but from a personal perspective, he hits more home runs and lands triples and almost never singles or bunts, and typically any movie he's in (leading role or not) that turns out to be a "bunt" Denzel himself usually still keeps shit afloat.

An example would be The Taking of Pelham 123, where (IMO) the movie just overall sucked, but Denzel gave a pretty good performance. An average performance from Mr. Washington, but his average > most "best" or "one of the best" from fellow actors in the circus that is Hollywood.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 12-28-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #11828
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I was going to order this last night on blu ray. I love that scene where he bitches about the burger looking nothing like the picture on the menu. I also wanted the order another Michael Douglas movie, The Game. You should check that out if you like Douglas.

Yeah, I think Douglas is a great actor. Not always the most diverse, but doing a project like Falling Down shows he can pull off some pretty damn good unintentional funny, and then play other roles or normalcy - such as say politician/dad in Traffic or Tom Sanders in Disclosure (which came out right about the same time as Falling Down).

I'll check out that The Game sometime. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #11829
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I still want to see Flight. I keep telling myself "grab a buddy/chick" and do the damn thang, but it somehow finds itself on the back-burner weekend after weekend.

If you download you're flicks there's a really awesome flight screener out. I don't need Blue-Ray quality every time but I won't watch anything that's awful. Basically DVD quality but a message about award consideration pops up at the bottom every 5 minutes or so. Gets 8's for A/V on kat.ph.

http://kat.ph/flight-2012-dvdscr-x26...-t6920412.html
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #11830
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Falling Down

Love this movie, seen it many times!
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #11831
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

End of Watch

7/10

decent entertainment but very shallow

hated the garbage love story within

and didn't like the "project" Jake Gylenhall was working with the camera, seemed like an excuse to get some different angles in

however, loved that lesbian from curb side gang
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #11832
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Killing them softly

5/10

awful soundtrack, close to no story, lots of boring irrelevant scenes
good camera work, especially the killing scenes, few funny scenes, decent acting

movie tried to be subtle and stylish too hard

Last edited by blablabla : 12-30-2012 at 07:32 AM.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #11833
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Hobbit - 7.5/10

It was pretty solid. Haven't seen LOTR movies but read the Hobbit book. There was some great action and I wasn't bored at any point even though it was a long watch.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #11834
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Just watched Taxi Driver. 10/10, third best movie of the 70's behind Godfather and Godfather part II.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #11835
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TDKR 6.5/10

Burton's two Batman series is still the best Batman movie series.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: