Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2013, 01:45 AM   #11881
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Lakers
Afraid I dont know complete history of President Lincoln but based on the movie made me feel as if he might have been the greatest president of all time. A man so far ahead of his time. Ending war and slavery would not compromise on either as both were intertwined. Spoke very personally to me and for a movie steeped so far in the past I felt it was speaking to us in the present. Again, the great nation we can strive to be...

I really liked Lincoln. I thought the frame they chose for the movie was fantastic. Focusing on just a small part of his presidency but using it to illustrate the times. I think this is going to win most of the Oscars this year.

I think he definitely was our greatest president. The movie doesn't even focus on some of his other achievements, such as his achievements in the war and how he saw the correct strategy better than his generals and was willing to keep replacing them until he found one who could pursue the correct strategy.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #11882
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoJ
Just finished Django, Great movie. The DVD Screener got leaked online. For those who haven't seen it, here it is

http://www.1channel.ch/external.php?...29t&loggedin=0
Damn. First Lincoln now this.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:16 AM   #11883
EoJ

EoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
Damn. First Lincoln now this.
Hobbit also
EoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:26 AM   #11884
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Moonrise Kingdom - 9/10

Was pleasantly surprised to see this at the redbox kiosk today...rented it and absolutely loved it. Amazing cast with some of the most beautiful film making I've ever witnessed. The score, cinematography, acting were just off the charts. Incredible film...one of the best of the year.

D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 AM   #11885
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Django - 8/10

Went in thinking it was gonna suck, but I was wrong.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 AM   #11886
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
Django - 8/10

Went in thinking it was gonna suck, but I was wrong.

Have faith in QT.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #11887
Kobe681
Great young streetballer

Kobe681 has decent reputationKobe681 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Here's the official script to Django: http://twcguilds.com/assets/screenpl...screenplay.pdf

During the scene where Django was beaten by the Brittle brothers, Django was making love to his wife. The Brittle Bros. pulled him out/off of his wife and raped her. Django was forced to watch her get raped and beaten.

Hildi's story was a bit on the brutal side. She was sold to a family who wanted to use her as a stand-in wife type figure for their son. Hildi through force of will and guile manipulated her way to a power position in that particular relationship. Everything was going swimmingly until her Boyfriend/Master took her on a night on the town to Greenville, Mississippi to the Cleopatra Club where Candie conned her Boyfriend/Master to losing Hildi in a card game. When the B/M tried to beg his way out of the losing Hildi he was killed by Candie. A naked Hildi tried to run, but was dragged a way kicking and screaming.

After the shootout, Hildi was raped by the fella who fondled Django's balls while he was tied upside down.

Django privately humiliated Stephen. He smacked him around, doused him with a bucket of water, and while Stephen was cowering, Django told him that Stephen was his n*gger now, and would answer to his beck and call at any time.

Without Hildi's scenes Django Unchained is just a boy saves princess movie set in the south.

Didnt read the script but thanks for summarizing up my questions.

It kinda makes sense now on how Hildi always freaks out when someone grabs her. That kinda bothered me about her character but it now totally makes sense. She's had serious shit happen to her...

About the bolded: In what part of the story did this happen? I'm trying to think of where in the storyline this would fit in and I cant think of one.

Thanks again
Kobe681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #11888
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Silver Lining's Playbook
5/5

DJango Unchained
4/5

Tomorrow I'm going to an advanced screening of "Broken City" featuring Russell Crowe and Mark Whalberg. Will let you guys know how it turns out.

Might even meet Dirk Diggler himself since he will be there.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #11889
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Silver Lining's Playbook
5/5

DJango Unchained
4/5

Tomorrow I'm going to an advanced screening of "Broken City" featuring Russell Crowe and Mark Whalberg. Will let you guys know how it turns out.

Might even meet Dirk Diggler himself since he will be there.
Does anyone know if the bolded is ever going to get a wide release? I've been waiting for a while to see it and nowhere around me is showing it.

I was looking forward to seeing Promised Land, but its getting some pretty mediocre/bad reviews
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #11890
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Django Unchained - 9 / 10

Gotta love QT
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #11891
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Django 9.5/10. Awesome movie

Does anybody know about a Jennifer Lawerance flick called Winter's Bone? Have it on my comp but don't know if its worth watching
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #11892
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08

Does anybody know about a Jennifer Lawerance flick called Winter's Bone? Have it on my comp but don't know if its worth watching

decent movie def worth a watch imo
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #11893
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08

Winters Bone is definitely worth watching.. its kind of slow, methodical in certain parts but dont let that dissuade you.. its really good with great performances.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #11894
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Django Unchained - 10/10

Absolutely loved it.. QT always delivers..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #11895
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Got home from the movies and dl'ed that leaked Django screener for a 2nd viewing... its just a excuse me ****ing blast from start to end, unbeliavable.... i really expected less due to Jamie Foxx, but he was actually very fitting, once you are done with the movie you couldnt (and wouldnt want to) imagine that character being someone else.... and Christoph Waltz, my god, steals the scenes yet again just like in Inglourious Basterds.... i gave it 9 / 10, thinking this could have been done better... but then i thought, really now? How? Well, maybe throw in a pit fight between a Tiger & Lion or so?

I think this might be the best QT movie since Pulp Fiction
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: