Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #11911
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe681
Didnt read the script but thanks for summarizing up my questions.

It kinda makes sense now on how Hildi always freaks out when someone grabs her. That kinda bothered me about her character but it now totally makes sense. She's had serious shit happen to her...

About the bolded: In what part of the story did this happen? I'm trying to think of where in the storyline this would fit in and I cant think of one.

Thanks again
The Django-Stephen scene happened before he revealed himself to Hildi. Stephen came to Django's room, was smacked around, had water dumped on him, and was told by Django that he was his boy now.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #11912
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

saw zero dark thirty.

ambivalent towards it. interesting they refrained from showing footage of 9/11 but showed actual footage of the terrorist attacks in London etc, but I guess video footage would have been more exploitative than what the opening clip already was. Too much of a feminist vibe for me in the movie. But it does raise a lot of interesting questions and spurs discourse so there's redeeming quality there.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #11913
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

25th Hour

awesome and powerful. second time seeing it and I appreciate it so much more

may be I'm just bias towards Spike Lee but I thought the cast did a great job

8.5/10
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #11914
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blue Valentine - 9/10

Drive - 9/10

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #11915
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
saw zero dark thirty.

ambivalent towards it. interesting they refrained from showing footage of 9/11 but showed actual footage of the terrorist attacks in London etc, but I guess video footage would have been more exploitative than what the opening clip already was. Too much of a feminist vibe for me in the movie. But it does raise a lot of interesting questions and spurs discourse so there's redeeming quality there.
I don't get the award hype this is getting. It's a well made very competent thriller but that's it. To its credit, it does create some decent tension in some moments even though we all know where the story is headed. I didn't really buy into the character drama element of it. Maya just wasn't interesting enough. It was a solid 7/10 for me.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #11916
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Seven Psychopaths...

I want to give this movie such a high rating. I cant even fully describe the weirdness of this movie. I was entertained but it lacked something where I can say its a 9/10. However, I can see where it could get such a high rating by some reviewers.

I would love to see what others thought about it.

Marty (Farrell) is a struggling writer who dreams of finishing his screenplay, "Seven Psychopaths". Billy (Rockwell) is Marty's best friend, an unemployed actor and part time dog thief, who wants to help Marty by any means necessary. All he needs is a little focus and inspiration. Hans (Walken) is Billy's partner in crime. A religious man with a violent past. Charlie (Harrelson) is the psychopathetic gangster whose beloved dog, Billy and Hans have just stolen. Charlie's unpredictable, extremely violent and wouldn't think twice about killing anyone or anything associated with the theft. Marty is going to get all the focus and inspiration he needs, just as long as he lives to tell the tale.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #11917
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Silver Linings Playbook- 7.8/10

I thought all of the performances were top notch, including Chris Tucker who kind of disappeared for a while. It was a nice mix of comedy and drama with off the beaten path characters. Deniro finally got a role he could sink his teeth into after a couple of years in toiling in shit projects. I would've rated it higher but it sort of annoyed me that it went out of its way to avoid the tired cliches of rom coms but ended in the most cliche way possible (Spoiler: A chase through the streets and a declaration of love? Only thing that would've beaten that was if it happened in an airport).

Les Miserables- 6.5/10

What a tedious, overlong film.

Hathaway was great in her limited role, definitely deserves the praise she's getting. Jackman as well, he fit the role well. Russell Crowe, although a great proven actor, was terribly miscast in this one. The man can't sing and I don't know why no one has told him yet. That was very irresponsible of his management and the production team, that shit was embarrassing and cringe-worthy.

I should've preface by saying that although I generally don't care for musicals (stage and otherwise), I loved the broadway production of Les Mis. Just didn't work in film IMO. It was way too long, could've been easily cut down by a 1/3 without missing anything. Halfway through I found myself watching the DVD timer just hoping it would end
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #11918
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Iron Sky: HAHAAAAA/10- Lemme just sum this shit up.

Nazi's from the moon.

(Decent) Spoof of the famous Downfall scene that became an internet meme.

Black guy turned white, and the billion lame ass jokes based on that.

Sarah Palin Presidency.

I was hoping this would be like an Assylum movie: You know it's shit but it's still fun to watch like Sharktopus.

But it wasn't even fun. Shame.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #11919
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is 40 3/10

Sucked regret I payed for it.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #11920
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Drive - 9/10

If you've seen Drive and have Netflix streaming, check out the beginning of this old James Caan movie called Thief.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #11921
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Dark Knight Returns Part 2

Amazing. Watch it. 9/10
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #11922
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdom
This is 40 3/10

Sucked regret I payed for it.
Terrible movie. giving that thing a 3/10 is being kind.

Django 4/10 just because thats how many scenes were actually good. Dr. Shultz made the movie.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #11923
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Terrible movie. giving that thing a 3/10 is being kind.

Django 4/10 just because thats how many scenes were actually good. Dr. Shultz made the movie.

what's up with this movie? mixed reviews across the board

I guess I'll just download it
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #11924
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Flight 6/10

Just one failed, miserable attempt after attempt to be the film Leaving Las Vegas.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #11925
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
The Dark Knight Returns Part 2

Amazing. Watch it. 9/10
torrent?
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: