Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #11941
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Concert 8.5/10

Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #11942
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Batman the Dark Knight returns Part 1 and II:10/10
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #11943
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Django.

Not sure really. I mean I am sure that it's very, very good, but I don't know if it's great, per se. Some very memorable dialogue, some excellent characters (Samuel L Jackson!), but I don't know if it's just that I'm not a Jamie Foxx fan or what, but from the second Christoph Waltz's character was shot, and Foxx became the unquestionable lead and the bloodbath ensued, the movie went downhill at an alarming rate. The last half an hour was completely predictable and devoid of the style and out-of-left-field turns that QT is famous for.

So I don't know whether it's just that I don't think that Foxx's character was interesting or compelling enough to carry the film, or just that it decided to fulfill every predictable revenge film convention in the last half hour, but it just was like a different movie to me, it was so weak.

That said, it shouldn't negate all the positive aspects, such as its visceral portrayal of the South during that time period (which actually feels like satire/surrealism - great job by Tarantino capturing the absurdity of it all. It is almost funny until you realize that it's not made up, it's very real). Especially Big Daddy's speech to the woman about how to treat Django, and basically every word that came out of DiCaprio's mouth.

I also felt that Walton Goggins' character had sooo much more potential. Reducing him to a quaternary villain that you know is going to get waxed was a criminal misuse of him.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #11944
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Gangster Squad?

So atrocious, I walked out within the first 25 minutes.

Gosling's delivery and charisma was awesome, but the rest was god awful. It was beyond cheesy. I thought it was going to be a gritty time piece, based on real world events. At least closer in spirit to the Untouchables.

This movie was like Dick Tracy, without acknowledging how absurd it was. The performances cliche, over the top and cartoony. The score, horrendously cheesy. The dialogue? If you could put it on chips, it'd be nachos. Sean Penn? Over the top and corny.

The look of the film, overly stylized and a cheap imitation of Zach Snyder. Just an atrocious experience.

The movie acts like it's being earnest, yet it's heinously over the top and whimsical.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #11945
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

decent movie

despite being same length roughly as django it didnt seem nearly as long, which is good imo

tbh though I don't see how it's nominated for Best Picture

I'd give it 7.5/10
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #11946
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Zero Dark Thirty

8/10

Total propaganda piece, which is why it's getting such a huge push. But the female lead gives an AMAZING performance.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #11947
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Zero Dark Thirty

8/10

Total propaganda piece, which is why it's getting such a huge push. But the female lead gives an AMAZING performance.

Propaganda which way?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #11948
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Propaganda which way?
The entire idea / concept of a raid in which we murked Bin Laden in a wealthy Pakistan suburb, where he NEVER left the compound, and NO ONE ever saw him. A raid and an assassination where we were never given actual proof of life or death. Yet we gloated and released pics, video when we caught and executed Sadaam and his sons.

It's a total "Wag the Dog" scenario. We get no concrete official information on the raid. It changed week after week, details switched around. We get no official pictures. The body is immediately dumped at sea (convenient) and the only "official" story we get is a Hollywood produced image, which pre programs people into believe it as reality.

Dude is a CIA asset, a code name, a vague boogeyman used as a catalyst to start conflicts. Bin Laden was probably killed years ago. Either because of his knowledge, or health. Hell, he may have even been killed in a mountain collapsing "daisy cutter" bomb in the Afghany mountains in 2001 or 2002. He's a patsy. He's an image. An idea. Not a REAL person.

Look up the name Tim Osman on google. Do your research. Bin Laden's family is American / Saudi money. Subcontracted by American business / CIA, and in cahoots with organizations linking them to the Bush family. One of the shadiest families of all-time, with their global power schemes. The Bin Laden family lived state side. In the late 70's Tim Osman aka Bin Laden was allowed to tour military bases via the CIA. Trained and armed to fight the soviets in Afghanistan. He was a US sponsored and trained asset.

CIA admitted to fake actors essentially playing Bin Laden in "leaked" tapes for the duration of the 2000s. Always conveniently leaked at important or pressing times to fit agendas. And small physical details of Bin Laden changing from video to video, and NEVER aging from videos from the late 90s till the late 2000s. Even though it was FACT he had MAJOR health problems.

We found Sadaam Hussein. A man with considerable wealth, resources and an entire country at his disposal, hiding in a ditch. But it took us 10 years to find Bin Laden? Nah ... I'm not buying. I have a functioning brain.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #11949
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The entire idea / concept of a raid in which we murked Bin Laden in a wealthy Pakistan suburb, where he NEVER left the compound, and NO ONE ever saw him. A raid and an assassination where we were never given actual proof of life or death. Yet we gloated and released pics, video when we caught and executed Sadaam and his sons.

It's a total "Wag the Dog" scenario. We get no concrete official information on the raid. It changed week after week, details switched around. We get no official pictures. The body is immediately dumped at sea (convenient) and the only "official" story we get is a Hollywood produced image, which pre programs people into believe it as reality.

Dude is a CIA asset, a code name, a vague boogeyman used as a catalyst to start conflicts. Bin Laden was probably killed years ago. Either because of his knowledge, or health. Hell, he may have even been killed in a mountain collapsing "daisy cutter" bomb in the Afghany mountains in 2001 or 2002. He's a patsy. He's an image. An idea. Not a REAL person.

Look up the name Tim Osman on google. Do your research. Bin Laden's family is American / Saudi money. Subcontracted by American business / CIA, and in cahoots with organizations linking them to the Bush family. One of the shadiest families of all-time, with their global power schemes. The Bin Laden family lived state side. In the late 70's Tim Osman aka Bin Laden was allowed to tour military bases via the CIA. Trained and armed to fight the soviets in Afghanistan. He was a US sponsored and trained asset.

CIA admitted to fake actors essentially playing Bin Laden in "leaked" tapes for the duration of the 2000s. Always conveniently leaked at important or pressing times to fit agendas. And small physical details of Bin Laden changing from video to video, and NEVER aging from videos from the late 90s till the late 2000s. Even though it was FACT he had MAJOR health problems.

We found Sadaam Hussein. A man with considerable wealth, resources and an entire country at his disposal, hiding in a ditch. But it took us 10 years to find Bin Laden? Nah ... I'm not buying. I have a functioning brain.

But other than that 8 out of 10?

What MAJOR health problems did he have and how do you know that for a FACT?

Last edited by KevinNYC : 01-16-2013 at 01:21 AM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #11950
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
But other than that 8 out of 10?

What MAJOR health problems did he have and how do you know that for a FACT?
In the late 90's, maybe around '97 or '98 he was reported on being treated in hospitals for a degenerative genetic disease of some kind. I forget the name, a little bit of research will help you find it if you have questions. It was even reported CIA members visited him while in the hospital. Clinton at the time, aware of where he was, at no point pulled the trigger on an attempt on his life.

None of this sounds overly convenient to you, or sketchy?

As for the movie, some stand out performances. It depicted a believable reality. I just found in parts it was kind of slow, and un interesting. But 8/10? That's a very good movie. I readily admit. And like I said, the actors performances were top notch.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #11951
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Zero Dark Thirty- 8.5/10

Extremely well executed. Kathyrn Bigelow was flat out robbed of an Oscar nom (along with Affleck). None of the other films nominated were as well directed as those two IMO. The film had a run time of 2 1/2 hours, but it didn't lag at any points. The tension and the stakes remained high the whole way through. Also enjoyed the great, naturalistic performances especially from Chastain and Clarke. It was a welcome change from some of the recent flicks I've seen with ridiculous, over-the-top, caricatures in place of real characters.

It was was nice seeing the operation from it's early foundation in torture rooms (allegedly, depending on which version you believe) to trailing the courier and then finally the actual raid, all while following the person/people who were the brains behind the entire thing. The academy should write a formal apology to Ms. Bigelow for this terrible oversight.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #11952
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
In the late 90's, maybe around '97 or '98 he was reported on being treated in hospitals for a degenerative genetic disease of some kind. I forget the name, a little bit of research will help you find it if you have questions. It was even reported CIA members visited him while in the hospital. Clinton at the time, aware of where he was, at no point pulled the trigger on an attempt on his life.

None of this sounds overly convenient to you, or sketchy?

As for the movie, some stand out performances. It depicted a believable reality. I just found in parts it was kind of slow, and un interesting. But 8/10? That's a very good movie. I readily admit. And like I said, the actors performances were top notch.

I believe he was also on dialysis for kidney failure too.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:27 AM   #11953
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Dat ****ing Django spoiler in the 3rd sentence of JohnDeers review.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 AM   #11954
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Dat ****ing Django spoiler in the 3rd sentence of JohnDeers review.

Never read reviews of movies you plan on seeing but haven't.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #11955
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Haunted House - 5/10

Had some moments, but was just garbage overall and made to appeal to a specific audience.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: