Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #106
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Fresh - An indie film about a troubled genius youth caught up in the drug game in Brooklyn who outsmarts the local drug lords. A great film.

8.5/10
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #107
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
3:10 to Yuma::::: 8/10

Crowe was freakin' brilliant in the show, which was a lot of fun to watch. Bale did a good job too.

Stranger than Fiction::::: 7.5/10

Will Ferrell did a really good job in what is a really interesting movie. The numbers thing they show largely at the start, and minimally throughout is a nice little touch.

Family Guy Presents : Blue Harvest ::::: 9/10

I love Family Guy! So excited for the next one they do like this. I'm kinda wondering who will be Yoda.

I'm going to expand on my Blue Harvest write-up.

When they were preparing to enter the Millenium Falcon and Peter said that thing like "I'll show you around because no one is trying to stop us or blast us." And then the Storm Troopers show up and he says "I guess I can't show you now." or whatever he says, it really alerted me that without either Peter or the duo of Stewey and Brian, Family Guy is on a much lower level than usual. It's still hilarious, but Lois, Chris, that creepy perv, Quagmire and Cleveland don't match up to the brilliance that is Peter. It's something I'd never really noticed when watching on TV.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #108
Kobe681
Great young streetballer

Kobe681 has decent reputationKobe681 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest
Gunnin for that #1 spot - 9.5/10

did you watch it in theaters or download it? cause ive been looking for a download but havent been able to. if you did download, think you can help me out? thanks in advance.
Kobe681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #109
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm going to rate every movie I've seen in 2008, so here goes:

Cloverfield: 5.5/10
Rambo: 4/10
Strange Wilderness: 3/10 [not as funny as I was hoping]
the Eye: 0/10
In Bruges: 9.25/10
Jumper: 6/10
Semi-Pro: 5/10
The Other Boleyn Girl: 7.5/10
Never Back Down: 4/10
Shutter: 0/10
21: 4/10
Street Kings: 6.5/10 [it gets a decent rating because I liked Whitaker's performance]
the Forbidden Kingdom: 3/10
Forgetting Sarah Marshall: 6.5/10
Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay: 6/10
Iron Man: 8.75/10
Speed Racer: 5/10
What Happens In Vegas: 4/10 [it gets more than a zero because of Diaz's fine ass]
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: 5/10
the Strangers: 2/10
the Promotion: 7/10 [this movie was actually pretty funny, I liked it a lot]
the Happening: 4/10 [foliage trying to kill us? PUH-LEASE!]
the Incredible Hulk: 9/10
Hancock: 4/10
the Dark Knight: 10/10
Step Brothers: 7/10 [Boats N' Hoes!]
the Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperer: 0/10
Mirrors: 6.75/10 [It wasn't that bad, some decently scary scenes IMO]
Eagle Eye: 0/10 [don't even get me started, worst film of the year]

I probably have about 25 films to watch that were released before July, and then I start films released after that. All in All, I probably have around 50 movies to watch before the end of the year.

I don't care what I see, In Bruges is a top three movie this year, no matter what.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #110
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

City of God - 10/10
Pans Labyrinth - 10/10

For those interested in foreign films. These two have to be the best I've seen in a long time.

Pans Labyrinth - If you enjoy Lord of the Rings or any type of fantast, you will love Pans Labyrinth. Even if you don't it is an amazing movie. I was not a fan of fantast movies prior to this, though this was simply amazing.

City of God - This is just a classic. Tells the story of a boy growing up in Brazil, and how everything around him is run by drugs dealers. Definately a must watch.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #111
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wall E: 9/10
Old 10-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #112
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Wall E: 9/10

repped
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #113
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ill do the 10 most recent films ive seen at the cinema

the strangers 4/10
death race- 5/10
tropic thunder- 6/10
get smart- 4/10
disaster movie-0/10(worst film ever made candidate)
the duchess- 8/10
rock and rolla- 7.5/10
pineapple express- 5/10
wall-e- 10/10
dark knight- 9/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #114
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Son Of Rambow: 9/10

I started watching this movie thinking it was just going to be one of those feel-good kid movies. Boy, I was wrong.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #115
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Redbelt: 6.5/10

Odd martial arts movie. It pretty much goes against everything formulaic in a martial arts movie. Barely any fighting scenes, but the message was still clear. I'm a former practitioner, so I get it, but most won't.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #116
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Midnight Meat train: 6.75/10

Up until the ending, it was a great 80's style slasher movie. The ending didn't completely ruin the movie for me, but it did make me give it a lower rating. It seems like every horror movie these days has to include a ghost or monster or something. The movie would've been fine if it had just been about a guy killing people on the Midnight Meat Train because he liked killing people, but no, they had to make it so he was feeding an ancient species of vampire/monster creatures or whatever they were.

Anyways, with that said, it was pretty decent, and better than any other horror movie out this year so far. I haven't seen Funny Games yet, though.

Spoiler text in white, highlight to see.

Up next is Mongol, and then hopefully Funny Games downloads soon, even though it only has a few seeders.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #117
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

No one's watches movies any more?

I couldn't watch Mongol. I'm not in that mood today. I watched Snow Angels instead.

It got a 67% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but most of the negative reviews said that it was too dark, too depressing. What's wrong with that? The movie is dark, it is depressing, but it's reality. People can't take reality? Give me a break. I thought the film was genuine, and some of the dialogue felt like it was happening between real family members, real relationships. I can't think of a movie in recent times that gave me that feeling.

I give it a 7.5/10. It would have been higher if not for Kate Beckinsale's character being an awful cunt to her ex-husband. I rated it as a 7, but then changed it to a 7.5 because of:

Olivia Thirlby

She's not completely out of this world, but there's just something about her, man. I'm drawn to her. She completes me.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #118
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Street Kings: 6.5/10 [it gets a decent rating because I liked Whitaker's performance]

Just watched this too (I'm running out of flicks to rent from Redbox) and I would probably give it a 7.0 overall, and about a 9.0 if you handicap it for what I was expecting.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #119
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
Just watched this too (I'm running out of flicks to rent from Redbox) and I would probably give it a 7.0 overall, and about a 9.0 if you handicap it for what I was expecting.

I always say to myself that I'll use Redbox one of these days, but I never do. I'll end up renting a movie, forget about it, and owe $150 or something.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #120
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just saw Appaloosa last weekend. It's a good watch. 7/10. The characters were compelling enough as travelling lawmen for hire, with shifting ethics, that they really didn't need to use the female role to push the story. That's my biggest gripe.

Excellent bad guy though, and Vigo was very good. It's got a lot of those silent moments that fill up older westerns. And it's shot traditionally western with a lot of wide elevated shots.

I liked it, but it's not as Spaghetti as 3:10, nor as dark as Jesse James (although it's probably closer to this in tone) from last year, and by not picking a side I think it hurt itself a little. There's been something of a western rejuvination lately.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: