Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #12001
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
6 is still a D, failing score. It was entertaining in a corny comedy way.
Dude that movie was a complete mess. It didn't know what it wanted to be. And you gave it a letter grade under TDK Rises? LOL

You're smart, but your taste in movies befuddles me to no end.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:55 PM   #12002
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Dude that movie was a complete mess. It didn't know what it wanted to be. And you gave it a letter grade under TDK Rises? LOL

You're smart, but your taste in movies befuddles me to no end.
I bumped TDKR to 8.5 after I judged it individually instead of the sequel to a masterpiece.

Gangster Squad was more of a 5 I guess, still you only watched 25 minutes mon, trust me it gets better in a shitty laugh out loud way.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #12003
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
I bumped TDKR to 8.5 after I judged it individually instead of the sequel to a masterpiece.
I think that would be a spot on rating for it ...

Begins: 9/10
TDK: 10/10 (Nolan's Magnum Opus)
Rises: 8.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavitron
Gangster Squad was more of a 5 I guess, still you only watched 25 minutes mon, trust me it gets better in a shitty laugh out loud way.
I was told it gets worse, and I guess if you just start treating it as a non serious movie you can like it (as you say)

But the material in the film takes itself seriously, which clashes in tone with it being a cornier version of the Untouchables. It's a movie that is attempting to be serious that is inadvertently funny.

My dude told me at the climax the protagonist and antagonist just start boxing?

Only parts I enjoyed were Gosling's deliveries. I have a man crush on dude. He just has too much charisma.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #12004
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I think that would be a spot on rating for it ...

Begins: 9/10
TDK: 10/10 (Nolan's Magnum Opus)
Rises: 8.5/10

I was told it gets worse, and I guess if you just start treating it as a non serious movie you can like it (as you say)

But the material in the film takes itself seriously, which clashes in tone with it being a cornier version of the Untouchables. It's a movie that is attempting to be serious that is inadvertently funny.

My dude told me at the climax the protagonist and antagonist just start boxing?

Yea and the cop beats up the boxing champ then arrests him LOL. My boy was like "That's bullshit, it would be like me beating up Anderson Silva".
Old 01-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #12005
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
It was bogus from the 2nd that guy takes out two HUGE dudes in an elevator when he's trying to thwart the pimp hand in training.

The opening scene is supposed to be violent, but it was SO cartoonish. Like I said, it's like Untouchables meets Dick Tracy, yet it isn't purposely trying to be like Dick Tracey, and at least that film acknowledges it is a cartoon and is supposed to be over the top.

You seen any new movies lately, bro? You still have to check Silver Lining's Playbook.
I watched first 20 minutes of it with my cousin, both him and me were high and that movie depressed the shit out of us for some reason. Bradley Cooper's flip flopping and fast dialogue gave us headaches, we walked out in 25 minutes.

Gotta watch it again with a clear mind. I hate paying 25$ for one short movie. I like to go little earlier and watch 2-3 movies to clear up all the new releases. Otherwise it seems like a waste.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #12006
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Only parts I enjoyed were Gosling's deliveries. I have a man crush on dude. He just has too much charisma.

I agree on his charisma. He just has it. And he's a terrific actor.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #12007
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Cloud Atlas -

Well, this one was no ordinary film... it started of well, then it got really confusing with the constant back and forth intertwine of many stories that made less and less sense, one story in particular i couldnt understand 50% of the words that were coming out of their mouth, had to collect the actual english words and use my instincts to try and figure out what they meant... i was patient, but there were to many "why" questions left unexplained... so i kept being patient, maybe i would figure it out at the end, its a 3 hour long movie afterall and once it ended i had just even more "why" questions... i sat there in silence watching the credits and pondering "Great acting, liked the stories, but wait why? who? when? what the **** did i just watch?"

I guess i have to read the book or rewatch the movie a 100 times....... so ill see you with a proper rating & review in a couple of years...

Until then:

Last edited by pauk : 02-01-2013 at 09:14 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #12008
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Departed: 8.5/10

I can't believe this movie came out in 2006 and this is only my first time watching it. Although it was two and a half hours long, it was such an awesome movie that was filled with a great cast containing some big names like DiCaprio, Nicholson, Wahlberg, Damon, and Sheen.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #12009
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Looper 8.5/10
Star Trek 8/10
Varsity Blues 6.5/10
Hustle and Flow 8/10
The Grudge 5/10
30 mins or less 6.5/10
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #12010
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seven Psychopaths.

Actually pretty good, some funny dialogue. Worth a watch.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #12011
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

reacher preacher (TomCrusi'n)

I like the story line so I gav it a 9
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #12012
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Spielbergs "DUEL" (1971)

wow what a suspenseful movie... i was kindof sceptic at first but just as the movie started when i saw in POV the driver pulling out of his driveway to unknown destination and after a long travel he is in middle of nowhere and sees only this rusty huge truck infront of him, i knew then i was in for something special.... probably the only film ive seen composed basically of one action scene that also manages to engage you thru the whole movie... Sure a few points needed to be touched on more, but then again the GOAT DIESEL TRUCK TROLL is trolling you for some unknown reason, are you really going to stop and ask it a question?

9 / 10

Last edited by pauk : 02-02-2013 at 02:19 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #12013
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

wreck it ralph - 8.5
silent hill revelation - 4
silver linings - 8
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #12014
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore - 7/10
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #12015
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Seven Psychopaths.

Actually pretty good, some funny dialogue. Worth a watch.

Fantastic review, thank you. Will check it out.

Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: